PDA

View Full Version : burning in my chest

Ria0331
04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Has anyone else woken up with severe burning sensations in their chest and throat? This morning I woke up with that sensation and it brought tears to my eyes we almost went to the ER. My husband got me an Prevacid cause he thought it might have been acid reflux and it calmed the burning down so that I could sleep but it comes and goes. Its not nearly as severe as it was this morning but i'm also extreamly exhausted all my muscles ache and I feel just yucky. I have been on acid pills for the last several months and nothing like this has ever happened so if it is heartburn then why now is it kicking up. I don't understand all I know is that it hurts and we are trying to avoid going to the ER expecially since I see my new Doc on tuesday. Just wondering if anyone else goes through this.

mountaindreamer
04-19-2009, 11:03 AM
hi maria,

yes, i only deal with burning chest and acid reflux when i am having a flare....by what you describe, sounds like you might be in a flare....so sorry, but glad you are seeing dr. on tuesday. Is your husband able to go with you?

hope you got some good sleep and that you are having a better day.

Ria0331
04-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Yes my husband and my Father in law will both be going with me to the doctor. I'm not having the burning feeling now i feel like i'm comming down with a cold or something cause i'm coughing up flem and feel run down achy and have no appitite. I ate part of a meal that i prepared for us even tho i didn't want to but I knew that if my meds were to help that I had to eat. My mother in law says that my father in law is also not feeling good so maybe something is going around. Who knows but thanks for the reply.

Angel Oliver
04-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi yes i have it.I know its not nice at all and very uncomfortable and scary too. Sounds like acid reflux.Im taking Lansoprazole for it and it helps allot.And i do hope you feel better soon.Hope all goes well at the Doctors,make sure you tell him cause they can give you meds to help you. So glad you have someone to go along with you too.

lots of love
Angel.xxxxxxxxx