PDA

View Full Version : Update - Central Nervous System

justomegirlindallas
04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
I hope everyone is doing well.

I started Plaquenil 400 mg / day and have tolerated it pretty well for the last 2 weeks with minimal side effects.

I had Urodynamics testing and was diagnosed with Detrusor Sphincter Dyssynergia. DSD confirmed by Urodynamic study has two primary causes: Multiple Sclerosis and Spinal Cord Injury. okydoky....

I have my first appointment with Neurology in May and I'm supposed to get a spine / brain MRI then to assess my brain and spine. In the interim I am taking this stuff called Flowmax which is supposed to help prevent the complications in DSD and reduce the number of kidney infections I am having.

This is such a lengthy process.

Angel Oliver
04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Keep strong and know we are here for you.

Gentle hugs
Angel.xxxx

lucky7
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, a VERY LONG process.:wacko: And unfortunately it will never end, sorry youre having to deal with it, no fun but we're here for you!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

wrightrs
04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Hang it there. Hope your feeling better soon!!!!

mountaindreamer
04-16-2009, 06:02 PM
hi justomegirlindallas,

so sorry to hear about all that you are facing. that diagnosis is certainly a mouth full to learn, but i guess you have no choice. Please let us know if you need help in researching anything....we have some really talented internet searchers.

take care, and keep us posted,