PDA

View Full Version : Are YOU in Pain Today?

Rastagirl
04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Are You hurting terribly? Are You sick of hurting and just want it to stop? So many people on this site are suffering...hurting in places they never knew could hurt...and being worn down to nothing. And I just wanted to say to YOU, that I am very, very sorry. I wish I could make it stop.

Sometimes I can almost feel Your pain...the activity on the site kind of slows down, there's a lull, and it feels like the misery is multiplying. And then one or two of you post and cry out for help. And it breaks my heart.

I remember the horrible joint pains, that hurt so bad You can't make a fist, or get up from your bed, or walk by yourself to the bathroom. You just lay there trying not to move in fear of making it worse. I know how it feels when You want to give up...feel as if You can't take another second of it. When, even though You're all alone....You cry out loud and wish someone would hear and help make it stop. Sometimes I feel like I can hear Your collective cry of pain. And it breaks my heart.

I am sorry for the ups and downs, the deep emotional toll this illness takes on You....for the 3 steps forward...only to fall back 10. I'm sorry this illness takes over Your brain sometimes and makes it hard to think straight...form a coherent thought...finish a sentence right...for that causes pain too. I'm sorry that You have an illness that attacks nearly every part of You until You want to give up....and then comes back to knock You down again.... Sometimes just when You've gained the courage to try and stand back up.

I hope You know it's okay to have ALL the emotions that God gave us. He doesn't want us to bury our sadness, our anger, our misery, our hate for this disease. It's okay to feel those. They validate that You are Human. Allow yourself time to 'feel' what You need to feel and let it out when You need to. Go ahead and give yourself that hour, or day...or even a few days, if You need them, to feel sorry for yourself. That is also part of the process of chronic illness. It doesn't make You any less of a person.

And I thought that because we all need our turn to vent...to get mad because we have Lupus and because it has changed our lives in so many ways, that I would start a thread where it is safe to share Your feelings....whatever they are. There is no judgement here in this thread, no setting of limits on how mad You can get...and no one to tell You to stop. You've found a safe place to let it out and empty Your soul of the pain. And please know that this is a thread for family and friends that are going through the suffering and pain of their loved ones with Lupus, as well.

And because my heart breaks for You, I will be here to encourage You and help You pick up and go on. Remember....YOU are never alone in this!

Fondly....and with Love in my heart for YOU,

Lori :heart:

Angel Oliver
04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh Lori,

What a lovely lady you are...Thank you for such a lovely thread.Sending you see saw hugs :)

love
Amanda.xxx

lucky7
04-15-2009, 01:58 PM
THANK YOU LORI!!!:thumbs-up: Always there to help anyone who needs it! HUGS TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!

wrightrs
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks Lori, You say the things, I wish I could say!!!:yes: But when I do they come out wrong!!!!

mountaindreamer
04-15-2009, 08:19 PM
beautiful,

you spoke with such compassion that is obviously founded in experience. i wish none of us had to go through all that you listed, but at least we do have each other.

thanks for the thread, i am sure it will get plenty of use.

rob
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks Lori,

there's this song-And for someone to talk to, you'd give anything, go on and cry out loud because someone is listening. Cant remember who sings it. Thank you Lori.

rob

Rastagirl
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
You're Welcome.....Angel, Jeannette, Wrightrs, Phyllis, Rob....

You are my friends and I hate that you suffer.

Most Fondly...and always with Love in My Heart.....

lucky7
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
WE hate that YOU suffer too dear Lori. You are so kind and have a BIG HEART! I feel like you're our mom in a way Lori! Definately arent old enough and you definately dont look like you could be, but you have the mothers love going on! Unfortunately im estranged from my mom because of her drugs and alcoholism (along with other things as well), so its nice to have this feeling! THANK YOU!:wave:

Rastagirl
04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Thank you, Jeannette....you don't know how much I needed to hear that today....

Not feeling good...I'm going to lay down for awhile.

I might just pop in here later and use this thread for myself....been holding things in too much lately.

Sorry about your Mom. Sending you caring, *motherly* (even though I'm not old enough to be yours) HUGS.

Love

Angel Oliver
04-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh Lori....sorry you feel not so good today.

You always lift me up.You are always there for me.You are so special to many of us here and you help so many.You may froth around the mouth at times, but we get used to that :)
But seriously, please know you mean the world to me.So im sending many hugs for you.....and imagine when you lie down...we are all there with you just stroking your hair to relax you and hopefully you will fall asleep.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxx
Rooaarr!!!!

lucky7
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
AWWW, Lori i feel sad for you. Sorry YOU feel bad. Like i said in one of my PMs to you , Im here for you as well. Angel said it too i see, so there YOU have 2 moms as well! LOL You take care of yourself :sleepy:and dont YOU hesitate to vent if YOU NEED to:chatty:Thats you venting LOL Im sure you would have figured it out huh? DUH Jeannette:pat:

wrightrs
04-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Lori, Sorry your a feeling bad, hope the rest helps!!!!

mountaindreamer
04-16-2009, 05:25 PM
oh dear lori,

i am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I so wish that i could snap my fingers and make our pain go away. Sleep, and be good to yourself. I will be on here late tonight and i will be watching for "Lori's Turn"...

wrightrs
04-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Hope you are feeling better today!!!!

mountaindreamer
04-17-2009, 05:36 AM
morning lori,

hope you were able to sleep last night, and that you had sweet dreams.

i apologize for not being on line last night....i had a busy day, and passed out....i even washed my car yesterday, the first time in years.

i have many dr. appointments today, so i will not be here for awhile, but i will check on you as soon as i get back

i send you bunches of friendship love.

lucky7
04-17-2009, 11:14 AM
HI LORI!!!! I hope you are feeling better today! YOu're in my heart and my thoughts! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

KATROACH1972
04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks Lori! Thats beautiful and soo true! You are a true Blessing to us all! Hugs Kathy

Rastagirl
04-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Thank you, guys, each of you. I really appreciate your uplifting words. Yesterday was just one of those struggle days. When I layed down, I slept for too long, woke in a fog and it was dark. I had nothing for dinner, so had to throw something together, and that put the whole evening off schedule. It was pretty much downhill from there. Didn't get to bed till 1:00 am. I'm beat today, but still have to run out and do the shopping for the weekend BBQ....it's a race weekend for my husband and that means putting together a BBQ for 60 hungry racers and pit crew.

I'm off to order the salads and hit Costco. If you think of it....send me some positive thoughts please. I just need to make it through today without a migraine.

I'll head back here later, when I get the 'To Do' list accomplished. Wish I could add to the list "Find Lori a brain that works and a right wrist that doesn't hurt like hell".....

*giggle* Oh, guys, I just had a funny vision of myself driving around trying to get those checked off my list.... :)

Love you guys to pieces!

Lori :cool2:

Rastagirl
04-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi Rob....

That song you mentioned is called 'You're Not Alone Tonight", by Keith Urban.

I just love Google...my son showed me you can type in the lyrics to a song, and it'll show you who's song it is.

Hope your Friday is going well.....

Lori :cool2:

froggal
04-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Sometimes I feel like because I am new here that people may not really want to hear about my pain or the negative things going thru my mind. I have been dealing with a flare for about 8 days now. I didnt post for almost 6 days because I couldnt get out of bed and come downstairs to the computer. I dont have a good support system. I fight my battles mostly alone. Thank you for saying those heartfelt things. I think that I really needed to hear them.

rob
04-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Sometimes I feel like because I am new here that people may not really want to hear about my pain or the negative things going thru my mind. I have been dealing with a flare for about 8 days now. I didnt post for almost 6 days because I couldnt get out of bed and come downstairs to the computer. I dont have a good support system. I fight my battles mostly alone. Thank you for saying those heartfelt things. I think that I really needed to hear them.

We most certainly do want to hear about your pain and negative thoughts. That's what we're here for. Sometimes, I have days, even weeks where I just can't give people the support I want to. all I can talk about is the pain and the negative stuff. But, there's times when the tables are turned, and I can give back the support that was given to me, and help others the best way I can. It's that way for all of us here. And, be it a new member, or a person who's been here for a long time, everyone's story, everyones pain, is important. You don't need to be afraid of posting whatever you need to talk about, be it good, bad, or somewhere in between. You also don't need to fight your battles alone, there is always someone here to talk to who has had similar battles and experiences. Hang in there Froggal.

Rob

froggal
04-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Rob!!:yes:

DrinkofWtr
04-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Dear Rastagirl:

That was beautiful. You are such a caring person. We are privileged to have you on this site.

lucky7
04-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Very well put Rob:cute: Froggal, i ditto everything he said. WE ARE HERE FOR YOUXXXXXXXXXX He's so right too about us ALL having those good moments and those not so good moments. Believe me, we do understand and im sending you HUGSXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:hug:

Hi Lori! I hope you felt ok after taking care of so many errands the other day! It sounds like you alot going on this weekend so please take care of YOU through it all. Gentle HUGS to YOU my friendXXXXXXXXXXXX:hug: