PDA

View Full Version : Feverish

thebutterfly83
04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
please help...
I've been doing great for so long now, up until now I've been feeling feverish, sleepy and nausea. I thought it had to do with my menstraul cycle.Or maybe me being in the sun all day on Easter. Now i'm not so sure . Is this my lupus? and is it a flare up?

~Amanda

AyahsClan
04-14-2009, 07:01 PM
First off you might want to write it down and go see your reumy. If you have been diagnosed with SLE your symptoms can be several things; you could have been exposed to a virus or you could be having a reaction to being in the sun. Have you taken your temperature?

It doesn't have to mean a flare is coming. Flares are weird and unpredictable for some of us.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

thebutterfly83
04-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks for your reply Ayah. I do have SLE and it could possibly be a virsus. i was trying to avoid my doctor because i lost my job and health insurance.
I have checked my temp. and I havent actually had a fever. I just feel feverish and sluggish. I will see if I get over it in a few days and if not i'll follow up with my rhematologist. Thanks for your help.

mountaindreamer
04-15-2009, 06:49 AM
hi amanda,

hope you are feeling better today. So sorry to hear about your job and health insurance. Have your symptoms changed? Being in the sun for a sort period of time will zap all of my energy, and fatigue really sets in. I can't say that i run a fever, because this is something that just does not happen with me, but i do get flu-like symptoms and feel lifeless.

Sorry you are having to wait it out, but this seems to be typical in our lives with lupus. We wait to see if symptoms are lupus or something else.

lucky7
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
AWWW, Hi Amanda. Sorry you feel bad. Yeah, i think its a flare from the sun. I fet those same symptoms when im in the sun too long. I was in Florida and my daughter and i layed out in the sun and 1 hr later i was throwing up,foggy thinking,tired and achey ALL OVER. I felt Horrible. If you chart things you might find a pattern to help you avoid things, foods,activities, certain smells........... Good Luck and i hope youre feeling better!