PDA

View Full Version : Grapefruit Seed Extract for chronic yeast

kkelly
04-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi All,
Haven't posted in a long time but found a breakthrough supplement and had to share. Long story, good news too. I had a healthy baby girl at 37 weeks on Jan 2, 2009. She was 5lb which was light (my boys were 8lbs pre-lupus) but things are going very well. She is 13 lbs and thriving.
Breastfeeding was hard and the LC suggested I might have yeast from long term prednisone use. One of the protocols for nipple yeast is to put grapefruit seed extract on them. Also found you could buy it in tablet form. I immediately started the tabs (3 a day) was taking accidophlous also but found the grapefruit seed extract was enough to keep the yeast at bay.

The burning in my mouth/ down below that I just got used to is gone!! Its nice to taste food too after 5 years. Hope this helps.
You can find it at the health food store. I use innovite brand but there are several.
Karen

wrightrs
04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the tip.:yes: I have a real problem with yeast!!! :grumpy:I was having a bad thrush problems and that lead too my Lupus diagnosis. :huh:I still get it at times. I get prescriptions for it. It's nice to know some alturnatatives:laugh:

Saysusie
04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey KKelly;
Good to hear from you :cute: Thanx for the information, I am so sure that it will be helpful to quite a few!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie