PDA

View Full Version : new member

Sarah Quinn
04-13-2009, 01:00 PM
HI i'm sarah, I was diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus just over a year ago, i have found it hard to deal with. no one i know has it or even knows what it is, so no one understands, my strange change of moods, i am becoming more withdrawn living in my own confusing lonley mind..

Angel Oliver
04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi Sarah,

Welcome and so glad now you are not alone.We will all try and give you the comfort you so deserve. Just hang in there and see the many knowledgeable members come along to welcome and help you.

love
Angel.xxx

rob
04-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Hello Sarah,

I'm Rob, and I was diagnosed with SLE five years ago. It would seem the problems Lupus brings are universal. Although I'm a 41 year old guy on the other side of "the pond", your words could easily be my own. The only people who can really understand are others with Lupus. Like you, my moods change alot, I fight becoming withdrawn from the world every day it seems. The brain fog and confusion lock me in my own confused and lonely mind alot. Hanging out here helps. Anyway, welcome to our group, make yourself at home!

Rob

Rastagirl
04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Hello and Welcome Sarah.... :wavey:

You are not alone anymore. You've found a great forum with many, many people who understand exactly what you're going through...exactly how lonely and frustrated you feel. We've all been there.

This is a place where you can find answers to your questions, plenty of understanding and always a shoulder to lean on when you want to cry or vent or say, "This isn't fair...why me?" We lift each other up, help each other figure out how to go on day after day, and encourage the positive things that happen for each of us. We have members of all different ages and from all corners of the globe....several that aren't too far from you.

Just wanted to let you know you are welcome with open arms and you don't need to feel so alone for another single day. Come talk to us...share your feelings...and let us help you battle your isolation and lonliness. I'm certain there are things that you can share that will help us too.

I'm sending you caring HUGS to let you know you're not alone... :hug:

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

TobyJug
04-14-2009, 04:19 AM
hey just wanted to say welcome

lucky7
04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
AWWWW, HI SARAH!!!! The others said it best, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU NOW!!!!!! :yes: This is a GREAT place to feel accepted, and your questions can be answered,you can vent whenever you need to, you can get good advice, you will LAUGH:laugh:, there are days you will even cry BUT WE WILL be here WITH YOU! Please ask anything you NEED to or WANT to. YOU WILL FEEL BETTER< I GUARANTEE IT!!!!!!! The loved ones in yourlife will need to educate themslves on this illness to understand what you are going through and having to deal with. Learn as much as you can for yourself and for them as well. There are good books out there to help you in this process along with US, people who UNDERSTSND and who live with it as well. I hope you get what you need here, in fact, i KNOW you will. WELCOME!!!!!!!:wub:

Saysusie
04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Hello and Welcome Sarah;
Our members have already given you warm welcomes as well as some very sound advice. I just wanted to make sure that I added my welcome to those you've already received. I also want to reiterate what has been said by several others..."you are NOT alone when you are here with us!":yes:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

dsunshine
04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi Sarah!
Sorry you have been alone but I think by joining this site and communicating whatever you feel and are going through will help you! I just joined April 11, 2009 after being diagnosed early Nov. 2008. Already the feed back and the members that have welcomed me have lifted my spirits. I look forward to reading and writing on this site everyday. I too feel the same as you and recently started seeing a therapist as I was convinced I was loosing my mind. I fight/battle Lupus everyday along with doubters (at my job) and just in the world. I think people who do not have it and do not know about Lupus find themselves hard to understand what we go through and feel. Here you will laugh/cry/smile and be uplifted!!! My family, although supportive, only provide general answers or support in a way that only people who don't have it can/will support. They mean well but reading about different meds people on this site are on and the side affects etc. are very helpful. I really thought it was only me experiencing hair loss, lost of memory, mood swings, ups and downs etc.
This is home for you and your emotions/feelings/mood and take advantage and never feel guilty or ashamed to say exactly what is on your mind as you venting on here may help someone else and vice versa. It sure has helped me to know others feel and go through what I do.
WELCOME and I hope you feel better and less isolated!

Angel Oliver
05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi Sarah,

How have you been? Let us all know.Sending you hugs.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wrightrs
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
You are welcome here. Make yourself a home.

BadFlareDay
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum. I fully understand the withdrawing. I've been living in my bedroom for the last few years. I have become very anti-social, when company comes I just stay in my room. I'm sure they all think I'm a crazy nut case :)

MicRoMediC
05-05-2009, 04:30 PM
you are definitely not alone. we are all there and it can be SOOOOO freaking frustrating at times. i don't have a lot of friends as it is and complaining to them about my symptoms is really hard. my boyfriend wants to be here for me every time i hurt or have an outbreak of hives but he just doesn't understand. we do and we will always be here for you.

dsunshine
05-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Sarah!
Welcome aboard! You have come to the right place to find answers and understanding. I am so glad you have joined as you will soon find that whatever you are feeling or thinking others on here have felt or think the same as you and completely understand. I have extreme mood swings, depression, ups, downs, good and bad days and the more you post about your mood, feelings, or illness you will find that others on here can totally relate and will share their experiences with you as well.