PDA

View Full Version : jumbled up letters and words!!! ?

ashleybaby715
04-12-2009, 01:22 PM
ok so i have a new symptom here.
i keep reading things out loud, like mixed up and backwards!
like i'll see
spicy chicken nuggets.
but when go to say it outloud, i'll say chicken spicy nuggets.
or i've even been mixing up letters, like we went to a criminal museum thing in canada, and geoffery [[spelling?]] dahmer was one of the wax figures, and when i said his name outloud i said deoffery gahmer.
now i know this isn't normal, soo im posting asking if anyone else has had this problem before?

i am going to my rheumatologist for my 3 week visit, so i'l lbe sure to mention it to him!!

thanks so much guyss!

Oluwa
04-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey...

My sentences are a scrambled egg mess too at times. I say him for her and vice versa. I say please pass the sugar, and I mean salt...I'm going outside when I am going upstairs. I forget my husband name on an ocassion or two and stumble with pronunciations too. I call it talking like a sausage...

It use to annoy me, but now I have somebody to blame it on. Lupus.

For me, I think it has something to do with the oxygen, slow flowing in my blood to my brain for a sec. Do you always yawn too?

Typing here..I get a dress rehearsal. Backspace.

Happy Easter, Ashley...hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

wrightrs
04-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Over look me because I do it too.:embarrassed: But worse.:skeptical: I can't write or spell and get my letter turned around.:wideeyed: It so frustrating. :hissyfit:

Angel Oliver
04-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes and me......i ordered Stirlone Sake instead of Sirloine Steak :)

ashleybaby715
04-12-2009, 04:55 PM
yess i do yawn too...alot and i hate it because it hurts to yawn, since your like taking in deep breaths :-( blahh.

good to know that i am not the only one doing this!! haha

...and angel, that just made my dayy! haha

Angel Oliver
04-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I have a jaw problem and every time i see the yawn word i do it and my jaw cracks :) so funny but not. Hope you are having an ok day today.xxxxx

mountaindreamer
04-12-2009, 06:09 PM
talking like a sausage....this is the funniest thing (but a perfect description) that i have ever heard..

thanks for the laugh, Oluwa....you are the best

Oh yeah, lots of yawns, word recall....yeah, sometimes i just look at my phone while it is ringing, and can't remember what i am supposed to say when i pick up the receiver, so i just don't answer.

ashleybaby715
04-14-2009, 04:52 AM
yeah talking like a sausage was definetly the funniest ! :)

Oluwa
04-14-2009, 06:05 AM
When I was growing up, in my teens we use to say..you're talking like a sausage, man when we would sneak beer and catch a buzz. Glowing red face, shiny and tight like a raw sausage, rambling and laughing, can't say what you mean.....incoherent. Then it transpired into airheads, not knowing what one is talking about....even when you don't have the glow.

But I did a research yesterday and at urban dictionary their definition was someone who lies, and talks nonsense..I think someone put their own spin on it, because we've been saying it for years...eons in the UP, I am 47 and it has always meant that and not someone who lies...

Ah, you're talking like a sausage, man.

Love,
Oluwa

rob
04-14-2009, 07:09 AM
This happens to me all the time. Sometimes people ask if I'm drunk. I just tell them that I'm not think as you drunk I am. Honest ossifer, I only had one. I talk bass ackwards all the time. Even when I was a kid. On halloween I'd always say "Trick or Trout". People just figured I liked fish or something.

boR

TobyJug
04-14-2009, 08:40 AM
yeh happens to me too....
as u can see ur deffo not alone...

lucky7
04-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi Ashley!!! Heck YEAH i have this problem!!! My kids laugh all the time from me mixing words together, slurring words, not saying the words that make sense together in a sentence, they find it quite amuseing! :skeptical: HMMMMMM, the little boogers, finding their mothers illness humorous. Seriously though, im glad we laugh about some of the symptoms that dont seem to be laying me flat on the couch! :hissyfit: WEll, I JUST HAD A BRAIN FART MOMENT AS I TYPE! :fart:My son, Jake, just asked me something,i answered him, not 2 minutes later i told him the exact same answer AGAIN,i forgot i already TOLD him! UGH But, whatdoya do! At least we can be entertainment for our loved ones! LOL:laugh-floor:

wrightrs
04-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Can't write, spell, talk, think, walk straight and fall a lot, etc.:lame: I'm just down right Luppie!!!:smilecolros: Most people probably think I nuts, drunk or on something.:rolling-crazy::banana:

lucky7
04-14-2009, 12:30 PM
LOL ME TOO!!!!!!!! I have so many bruises on me it looks like spousal abuse! I wear the longer shorts in the summer cuz otherwise i think people would be playing connect-the-dots on my legs!!! :261:LOL

wrightrs
04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Yah!!! People think my husband beats me!!!:smashfreakB: There always asking me how did I get that!!!:swordfight: Even some of my doctors ask me about my bruises!!! :vader::1:

ashleybaby715
04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
jeannette i always forget that i'll tell people things!
i'll be in the middle of a story, and completely forget what i was talking about, or i'll repeat the same sentence like 5 times!!!
earlier today i was talking to my friend marty, and well i was eating a lollipop and i wanted to know if my tongue was a different color, and i turned to him and said
''marty did my color change tongues?'' and sat there for like a minute with my tongue out of my mouth, and he just laughed at me...and was like ?wat?
and i said ''did my tongue change colors?'' and he was like, that is not what you said!!
i didnt even realize! !

Angel Oliver
04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
The Lupus Language hey!

Stirloin seak :) We should speak it on here and i bet we'd not even notice :)

parisse28
04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
UMMMM, I learn so much on this site there is so many things going on my little body which is not so little right now I sometimes forget to ask about things that r going on and see if they r happening to anyone else or if I am crazy lol......

But yes i yawn so much that my mom does not talk on the phone with me more than a few minutes at a time because i am yawning so much lol. and getting words mixed up is like a normal thing for me and as for the spelling lol i was good at but i am not anymore i ask my 7 year old to spell the smallest things for me .

Angel Oliver
04-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey, dont you worry we understand.Oh and im yawning now i saw the word Yawn....:)

Pretti in Pink
04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
My husband calls it speaking dyslexic and I do it all the time.

Rastagirl
04-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I regularly use the 'copping shart' at the grocery store....it works so much better than the shopping cart. :) My kids thought that was hilarious when I said it!

Hey, I wonder if a speech therapist could tell us which synapses in our brains aren't firing, or what's going on when those letters switch places? There's definitely something strange going on in ALL of our brains...

Good thing it doesn't happen to all of us at the same time or we'd never get any communicating done on this forum.

Lori :lmao:

ashleybaby715
04-16-2009, 04:27 AM
haha your right, be probably wouldn't notice!!!

The Lupus Language hey!

Stirloin seak :) We should speak it on here and i bet we'd not even notice :)

ashleybaby715
04-16-2009, 04:38 AM
haha! i've said copping shart too!!!

... at least we arent alone on this ! hahaa

debbie-b
04-16-2009, 05:37 AM
I have that problem too, but it's even worse for me sometimes, I am from Germany ( I do speak english fluently, been here 29 years), not only do I mess up some words, I throw in some german words into the mix. My poor husband is at a loss when I am flaring. At work when I have to run the register, I mix up the numbers often, if the total is 139.25, I will say 391.52, sometimes I will say a wrong # several times, always a different one, if that happens I will just point and say "That's your total, I am having a dyslexic day. It is very embarrassing.:hissyfit:

Debbie

lucky7
04-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Funny Parisse, asking the 7 yr old how to spell, i either do that or i have my spell check nearby! LOL :laugh: That takes too much effort sometimes though! Ashley, how cute, your tongue story! AWWWWW! :cute:

wrightrs
04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
When I look at my old post, I really do mess up lot!!!!:yes::hissyfit::huh::wideeyed:

lucky7
04-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Dont we all Wrightrs, dont we all! LOL:-)

Angel Oliver
04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey i blame my laptop...sounds so convincing :) Sticky keys:laugh:

lucky7
04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
There ya go Angel, its our laptops fault! LOL:laugh:

ashleybaby715
04-18-2009, 01:00 PM
yess angel, that sounds like the perfect thing to blame it on! :]

froggal
04-19-2009, 02:21 AM
I am forever apologizing in emails. I like to say that my brain works so fast that it takes the rest of my body a little time to catch up!! LOL!!!

Ria0331
04-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I have been doing that a lot lately as well. I go to say like lets watch a movie and I will say movie watch lets or something like that. The other thing is I will go to spell something and will switch letters around or I will forget what i ment to say in the middle of the sentence. It is getting worse by the day.

wrightrs
04-19-2009, 07:20 PM
My laptop is causing me to many problems!!!

:computer3::computer2::1::looking2:

Saysusie
04-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Wrightrs;
I am with you about the computers! :computer3: I just wanted to toss mine out the window tonight! After crawling up under my desk, checking connections, re-starting and hot-booting...it finally decided to work! However, I am now so frustrated that I just want to scream!!:hissyfit:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
04-20-2009, 07:20 AM
oh saysusie,

it makes me feel better to know that you also have computer issues....i can now let up on myself a little.

Oluwa
04-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Ashley...

Hey you, regarding our yawnie yawnsins from Wisconsins..yawns.....it had been happening too much and my the fatigue was at a 10 though I still went about my day.

I recalled on several of my labs I was slightly anemic and no intervention or pills prescribed. So two weeks or so I took it upon myself to dose with the constipation turning iron pills...

Being ill to begin and with slightly anemic can be really something worse than when one is healthy....well, I feel so much better since I added it to my pill suitcase.....my yawns have diminished and return when I am tired and ready to go to bed....

Maybe this is you too....could be....

Yeah it is Monday..a fresh week to tackle life, enjoy life...I am enjoying my day, hope you are too...

Squeeze.
Love,
Oluwa

RedHairAngel
04-20-2009, 10:51 AM
ok I thought my mixing up things and getting them jumbled was do to the fact I am dislexic. I can't spell either. and as far as the yawning goes I am always yawning it is annoying.. My boss once asked me if he was boring me that much I told him it wasn't that I am tired or bored it is a physical response to my auto immune disease he excepted that answer but I am always self conciouns of it. --- -Debbi

mountaindreamer
04-20-2009, 11:18 AM
hi redhairangel,

thanks for sharing that description...."physical response to my auto immune disease." this is precise and will quiet the questions.