PDA

View Full Version : swelling in legs

TERI A.
04-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Has anyone had swelling in their hands and legs. my dr just added an additional water pill with my blood pressure pill, but yesterday i swelled up so bad that my legs now have red rash like splotches half way up my shins and calves. I don't know if this would be considered a rash since it is under the skin. I have never experience anything like this and i am wondering if anyone else has had this and is it a symptom with lupus?

lucky7
04-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Teri!!! YES! I have that problem alot! As a matter of fact, i am swollen right now. My hands, feet and ankels swell really bad at times. I've had to losen up my tennies in the lace area cuz it was squeezing me! UGH I also get a rash on my shins, mine can be really itchy at times. My fingers can be so swollen that to bend them hurts and i cant close my hands all the way. My right ankel seems to be worse than my left ankel when they swell. I have to elevate it to get some relief. It's no fun thats for sure,but what symptoms are, right?:unhappy2:

goodboie1
04-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Hi Teri-

I have had swelling in my legs (mostly my left one) for the past couple of years. I have been complaining about it to no avail.... it causes alot of pain also. No rash though. Surprisingly, my rheumy just put me on a medrol pack and within a day, the swelling went down.

Good luck. I hope it calms down soon.
be well-
Tracy

mountaindreamer
04-12-2009, 06:48 PM
After my rheumy gave me a Medrol injection, i was amazed at how much smaller my wrists and ankles were. They had been swollen for so long, I did not even realize it anymore....i just thought that was normal.