PDA

View Full Version : mouth sores

tonyk
04-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I only found them because I was flossing, there was no pain. 2-3 sores about the size of a pencil eraser on the inside of my cheek. They looked almost black. Is this anything? Thanks

mountaindreamer
04-10-2009, 06:54 PM
hi tonyk

your sores sound like typical lupus and/or sjorgen sores. they are painless (usually) and kind of like a piece of loose skin.

i have not found anything that can be done, but there is a medicated mouth wash that will numb them.

sorry, but "it is probably your lupus"

Rastagirl
04-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Hello tonyk...

There have been quite a few informational threads on this site about the mouth sores that those of us with Lupus get. Unfortunately, they're something most all of us have had to deal with at one time or another. Be thankful your's aren't the extremely painful ones.

If you'd like to read more information about them, I'd suggest doing a 'Search' on mouth sores.

I don't remember welcoming you when you first arrived here...so let me take the time to say hello and welcome! Glad you've joined us to learn and share.

Lori :cool2:

Faith
04-13-2009, 10:30 PM
My rheumy said warm salt water rinses 3-4x per day to get rid of them. It actually does help. Everyone is different though.

Take care,

Faith