PDA

View Full Version : Warning Don't Use the Curly Energy Saving Lightbulb!!!

Julie46
04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I viewed videos on YouTube called Dirty Electricty(Videos #1, 2, & 3), it's about the curly energy saving bulbs. They are not good for your health and people with Lupus should never be near any of them, cause rashes, fatigue, headaches and probably cancer. Please watch 1 of the 3 videos on YouTube, hopefully they will be banned soon. The Canadian government is finally looking into them but for now, Canada and the U.S. are using them everywhere. An acceptable level of the radio frequency a light bulb gives off is under 50, these curly bulbs give off between 400 to 600 per bulb (not good, everyone is getting sick from them). A Lupus woman sat next to a lamp and within 2 hours her face and neck were covered in a horrible rash.

ssingh
04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Great find! Everyone should read this. So what you think about covered CFL bulbs, are they really safe? MUST WATCH VIDEOS....

Julie46
04-10-2009, 03:19 PM
the new LED lights are going to be the safest (they look like an old light bulb but they have dots on the top, as far as I know they're not in the stores yet) or for now u can use the curly bulbs that are covered (u buy them covered)

sick n tired
04-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Hey Julie,

I am going to amke sure my husband sees this...he has insisted using them...

mountaindreamer
04-11-2009, 05:36 AM
thanks julie46,

i always thought those squirrly were scarey looking, now i know why.

i did not realize that you could buy them already covered.

lucky7
04-11-2009, 11:04 AM
OMG! Thank you soooo much Julie! I have replaced all my bulbs in the house with them for the savings but GEEZ, i had no idea i was hurting myself even more!!!! YIKES!!!!:wideeyed:

Faith
04-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi Julie & ladies,

I reacted to them in our kitchen over a year ago. I coudn't figure out why I was getting a rash when I hadn't been out in the sun. Finally figured it out and removed them all.

What is so "good" about them? I like to reduce our carbon footprint, but not at the expense of making someone ill.

I think Saysusie emailed the LFA about it since they are pushing them to be in the US by 2010? Can't remember the date.

Faith

wrightrs
04-13-2009, 11:00 PM
My husband insist on using them also.:skeptical: Maybe Thats why I've been feeling so bad.:wideeyed: I can't escape them.:no: There everywhere!!!!:hissyfit:

TobyJug
04-14-2009, 04:17 AM
yeh i have heard about this before....
Not good is it....

NoodleMom
04-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Arent they fluorescent?

Delphinia981
05-17-2009, 06:57 AM
UGH...my husband insists on using them, too. Come to think of it, I had my first malar rash shortly after he started installing them EVERYWHERE.

Well, too bad for him....they're going away TODAY. Thank you so much for the info!!

ButterflyRN
05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
They are fluroescent bulbs and can activate your lupus if you are sun sensitive. Be careful!