PDA

View Full Version : armpit pain?

chas
04-10-2009, 03:54 AM
I am having regular shooting pans in my armpit -it is not swollen or tender. Also I have had a funny chest lately - like I can feel my heartbeat - hear it sense it and while it isnt fast I feel funny. Either I am hypersensitive as I can hear my heartbeat in my ear a lot, (constant sinus) it isn't painful but I can feel my chest as opposed to being oblivious to it - does that make sense? Like I have a weight on it that doesn't press down but is just there.

Thses kind of vague things make me kind of crazy. I also have pains in my side - all very wierd. The horrible thing about auto immune is wondering is this auto immune or am I ignoring significant things to do with another illness?

mountaindreamer
04-10-2009, 07:03 AM
i sooo know what you mean...i lie in bed waiting before seeking medical attention, because i can't decide if it is lupus or something else.

I don't know in your case....i will share my experience....i had been struggling with chest issues for a long time. after joing this forum, i read that we should always seek medical attention if frequent chest pains, so I went to dr, thinking i would hear "it must be your lupus" again. However, it was determined that i have atrial fibrilation...not associated with lupus, so now i am getting an ablation at the end of the month.

so, it could be lupus, but it could be something else....if you would feel better getting medical diagnosis, then you should go.

I know that a heavy feeling in the chest is a common symptom of lupus, and i know that sensitivity in the lymph node can be common. If you go to the dr., then you at least will not have the stress of wondering what is going on.

Angel Oliver
04-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh i so understand the loud heartbeat....deafening sometimes, i get it too. Have you felt any lumps in the armpit? Check it! I hope you feel better soon.With me, well so 'they' say, the heavy chest and heartbeat stuff is half Asthma and mostly anxiety. But these days everything is anxiety just to get rid of you.So, id go and see you doctor just to be safe.No harm and you'll feel a touch better.They may be able to give you meds to help you.
Let me know.You just take care and rest allot.xxx

love
Angel.xxx

chas
04-11-2009, 03:33 AM
No lumps in armpit but the pain has not subsided -comes on about 4 times a day for a half hour. Jeez this stuff is hard to fathom.

DrinkofWtr
04-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Sinus pain has caused me to hear by heartbeat. I have been having sinus pain lately and a little blood coming out of my nose also. I was reading an article in the Drs. office yesterday about infected mucus causing the membranes of the nose to swell up and be congested. More than likely this is what is going on with me.

Hazel
04-14-2009, 07:38 AM
When i first went on prednisone after a week my armpit was killing me. There was a huge lump and weird boil thing inside. But the doctor just said to keep an eye on it and after two weeks it went away. It was strange and im glad its gone.

mountaindreamer
04-14-2009, 02:38 PM
hi hazel, i want to welcome you to the group....i don't think i have done this yet. I look forward to learning with you as we all share our experiences.