PDA

View Full Version : Walk for lupus now

Oluwa
04-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Find your date and state here...follow the link...

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_donatespecial.aspx?articleid=197&zoneid=49

L.,
O

kducks
04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I usually do the walk out here in October at La Mirada park, but I'll look into the one in June out at the old El Toro Marine base.

Rastagirl
04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Looks like we've got one in Portland, Oregon on September 19th.....

Hope when the date rolls around...I'll feel well enough to participate.

Thanks for the info Oluwa......

Lori :cool2:

mountaindreamer
04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
april 25 is the date for atlanta....i am marking my calendar.

Rastagirl
04-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Ooooo, yours is coming up soon, Phyllis. Can you take some pictures and post them? Maybe you could hand your camera to the person walking in front of you and ask them to snap a quick picture of you.

Don't tell us you're computer illiterate....we'll help you post them when it comes time. Promise.

We'll just walk you through it, step by step, like we did with the smileys.

:)

Hugs,

Lori :heart:

wrightrs
04-09-2009, 06:47 PM
May 2nd in Charlotte.:laugh: My husband and I have signed up as volunteers.:yes: I can't walk because I use a cane.:no: Osteoarthritis in my knees.:5:

Rastagirl
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks to you and your husband for being volunteers, wrightrs.

That counts just as much as the walkers. :yes:

Lori :heart:

rob
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I noticed there isn't a listing for Maine. Bummer. I'm not surprised that there is no listing for New Hampshire either, but Massachusetts, Boston in particular, that's kind of odd. The closest to me looks like Vermont.

brandichi
04-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Lupus has taught me not to make plans too far ahead of time, but it's my hope and my goal to walk in September. That web site doesn't have the specifics for the Detroit walk, but my local lupus group has it scheduled for September 26th, I think. I think it would be really cool for all of us to take pictures at our respective walks and post them, sort of our own scrapbook. Can we do that?

tasha
04-09-2009, 11:19 PM
mine is on June 6th! i am marking my calendar and i am definitely going! woohoo!

rob
04-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Lupus has taught me not to make plans too far ahead of time, but it's my hope and my goal to walk in September. That web site doesn't have the specifics for the Detroit walk, but my local lupus group has it scheduled for September 26th, I think. I think it would be really cool for all of us to take pictures at our respective walks and post them, sort of our own scrapbook. Can we do that?

We certainly can. You can put them in your personal picture album, or, we can make a "sticky" at the top of Lauri's Lounge with pics from everyone. It looks like the Vermont event is only about a 2 hour drive from where I live. I'd really like to go. We'll see.

mountaindreamer
04-10-2009, 07:21 AM
i am going to recruit my boyfriend (jim), my daughter and grandchildren, and hopefully my oldest daughter (if she is home from australia). i am scheduled for my heart ablation on monday afterwards, so i don't know exactly what will be going on.

however, i assure you, if i am able to participate, there will be pictures, and i am counting on you guys to help me get them posted.

i already sent in a donation, and plan to be there in person.