PDA

View Full Version : Just updating everyone

KATROACH1972
04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I had ultrasound on carotid artey yesterday. Waiting for results. Of course the technician said why would you being 36 have artery problems, your to young! I said yeah and to to young for macular degeneration, and everything else! Bad thing is I feel very old!!!!!!! I will be 37 on April 18th. I seen Rhuem. he wants to wait to try an stop my cns attack until Neuro sees me 23rd! So hopefully it does not do anymore damage until then. Ill let everyone know if ultrasound shows anything.One good thing if it is MS too, I started some therapy a bee stung me on the left hand lastnight!Thats the side that was numb! I seen where people used bee stinging to help with their ms. Not sure how or what it does! (so any ways)lol Have a great day. Kathy:wacko:

lucky7
04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the update sweetie!!! Yeah, 36 (almost 37) but feel like youre 90 huh! I hear ya! Drs need to realize it isnt the # ,its the illness thats running through your body thats doing the damage! They're a one way street! Frigin tunnelvision! DUH!!!!!:wacko:

KATROACH1972
04-08-2009, 11:40 AM
thanks jeanette! haha thats so true!

mountaindreamer
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
hi kathy,

i have a friend with MS...when her husband was alive, they used bee stings as one of her treatments,,,,she had great success, and claims to have looked forward to getting stung. I think they ordered special bees, but i will get more information if you would like.

KATROACH1972
04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks sweetie! I would appreciate that. I don't know if I have that or not, but still would be interested! hugs Kathy

Danica01
04-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I have a really hard time with my lungs! I will be 30 but I have the lungs of a 78 year old.....at least that is what the doctor told me. I hate being young and feeling so old! I feel like we are just falling apart very slowly! I told Tim to keep the tape handy......we made need it!!!!!! I am thinking of you and sending you well wishes!!!! Hang in there!

:hug:

KATROACH1972
04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks sweetie! I will have to use duct tape! I am from Texas! haha Redneck thing!hugs from me Kathy

KATROACH1972
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi everyone, got some good and yuck news. My carotid artery was fine! Now I am having hallucinations at night as well as daytime! but only when I am laying down! weird! My C3 was high and my CRP was high. My primary at first said cut my prednisone, but when he found out i have only been on 5mg a while he said well maybe its not prednisone! Maybe its brain inflamation, and said well we will see 23rd! I took extra prednisone today!, because I guess all the lose stools I have had its irratated my upper left bowel. It has been burning like crazy, and I have been vomitting two mornings now. Well, sorry I have been such a crybaby. Just scared that all this could be cancer that has been spreading for years. I have spots on lungs, that they said were just fat, and then cysts on kidneys which they blew off, and now pain on left side (which all of these things are on my left side) Except one brain lesion its on right and left. I am rambling now. Hugs to everyone, and much thanks Kathy

lucky7
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
AWWWW, so sorry my dear Kathy! You make sure you prepare for the worst but EXPECT THE BEST! Dont scare yourself into feeling worse sweetie, remember, you are doing everything to find out whats exactly wrong, so while you do more tests and/or wait for results jump on here or read a nice pick-me-up book or eat some ice cream, YUM! Just not too much, then you'll feel worse!:wacko: Watch your favorite shows to keep your mind active. Im sorry you're scared,i wish i could HUG YOU!!! Ill send one instead! HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Keep us updated hun!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

KATROACH1972
04-15-2009, 12:18 PM
thank you Jeanette! you are the best! hugggggggggggg back!

lucky7
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
YOU ARE THE BEST TOO SWEET KATHY!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

KATROACH1972
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
FEELING EXTREMELY FLAREY TODAY! http://planetsmilies.net/ill-violated-dead-smiley-9436.gif :hissyfit: Hope everyone is well!

KATROACH1972
05-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I go for MRI on Cervical Spine, and subclavian today.Checking for pinched nerves, disc messed up, spinal cord lesions ect.. with spine, and for subclavian steal, or stenosis with my subclavian. Just updating! Hugs Kathy

gina
05-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I hope your test go well. i went to lab sat terrible time. vein collapsed poke me again than blood stopped pumping poke me again. my arm looks like a junky all bruised up and full of pin holes. let us know how test go keeping you in my thoughts.

KATROACH1972
05-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks Gina! I am so sorry about you having to get stuck so many times for lab! They only can use my right arm now, my left has no veins! haha One time they said we may have to stick topside of my hand like where an IV goes! I was like nooooooo try my arm again! I hate to get stuck on hand for anything! I ll let everyone know what tests say. I am sure they will be fine! Hugs kathy:cute:
I hope your test go well. i went to lab sat terrible time. vein collapsed poke me again than blood stopped pumping poke me again. my arm looks like a junky all bruised up and full of pin holes. let us know how test go keeping you in my thoughts.

AyahsClan
05-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Just popping in to tell you how your sweet demeanor in the face of such adversity has given me a big boost of courage. I hope that all future test results you get will be better than worse. If you have hallucinations when laying down at least they should be of dancing fairies and singing tulips in a beautiful meadow : )

I seen running horses several stories up in the trees outside my hospital room once. They cut my morphine off...that was the best part too!

There was a time when I was young I had the exact same feelings, feelings of being so much older than I was. Now that I AM older (almost 50) I feel like a teenager! Well, in my mind at least. It is as if my body has adjusted to my illnesses and we know where we stand, "we" being the connection between my body and spirit. The true battle I fight every morning is in my mind. I think this may be true for many of us with chronic illness.

You having your mind messing with you like this might make that part more difficult and scary too. I know when I am becoming aware that I am not "thinking" clearly on something, that worries me the most. I worry that it will effect the way I treat my loved ones.

My heart goes out to you sweet Kathy. May you have many good things that give you some joy this week regardless of what your body is doing to you.
@}-,-`---

AyahsClan
05-04-2009, 10:01 AM

OUCH!!!! That hurts.

If you are allowed to have asprine, take a dose 1/2 hour before a phlebotomy. Sip room temperature water for an hour before and it might go better. I drink down an entire bottle of the regular size drinking water (8 oz?) bottles 15 minutes before, but I start hydrating first thing in the morning.

I have had aprox 75 units of blood removed and learned this trick early on. It works so good my phlebotomist would tell all the other HH patients who had vein problems to do it.

gina
05-04-2009, 10:59 AM
thanks AyahClan, i will ask usually they all have to be done with fasting but will ask about the water also. i know i am a hard stick but she was really bad this time different girl than the one who always there, teach me to miss work than go on sat. lol.

mountaindreamer
05-04-2009, 12:44 PM
hi kathy,

you are a very gracious lady....you maintain your compassion even when you are facing these spinal issues. I hope the tests go great, that you have empathetic technicians, and that you can then rest.

Please let us know about your tests as soon as you can. You are being sent many angels to gently encircle you and lift you upon the softest cloud that you can imagine.

Ayah....thanks for the great advice...i will definitely drink lots of water, my veins seem to know when they are about to get poked, and they run like hell. Sounds like Gina's veins have learned the same trick.

lucky7
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Ive been resting more from my PMS so i just wanted to do a quick pop-in! I hope all goes well for you my dear KAthy! Its always something huh!!! :wacko: I have a broken L5 and a missing disc, grinding bone on bone, so i know back problems! LOL My exercising, STRETCHING and massages (i pay Ash to do it!) REALLY HELPS!!!! Do what you HAVE to do to take CARE OF YOU!!!!! I hope to check in in a couple of days again! Please take care of yourself!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

lucky7
05-04-2009, 12:57 PM
OOOPS! Almost forgot! This is grose LOL, but eat LOTS OF FIBER! If you do a regular bowel movement daily (boy i do!LOL) thats less bloat which is less pressure on your back which is less back discomfort so EAT YOUR FRESH FRUITS and VEGES and WHOLE GRAINS!!!! WOO HOO to natural foods!!!!! BOO BOO to processed products!!! LOL:laugh:

AyahsClan
05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
thanks AyahClan, i will ask usually they all have to be done with fasting but will ask about the water also. i know i am a hard stick but she was really bad this time different girl than the one who always there, teach me to miss work than go on sat. lol.

Yeah ask about the water, you are probably dehydrated by the time you get there. I also thought I couldn't have water before a regular fasting blood test but the nurse told me that water was ok, just not prior to surgery, etc.

A bad phlebotomist is worse than a hemorhoid.

lucky7
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
OUCH! Worse than a hemorhoid! :wacko:

KATROACH1972
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
You are all angels! thank soo much, for all of your advice, and wisdom! I went today, the cervical spine took 20minutes no biggie! but then they did my subclavian two times with contrast took them hour and 30 minutes! Kinda scared me a little because it took so long! Then tech said if they dont call you by Wednesday, you call them! Then when I left nurse called to tell me the Cipro I am taking for my uti, is resistant to bacteria, and they put me on another one, i have to take every 6 hours for 6 days. I am sorry i get scared every1. Have a great day! and thanks again! hugs

wrightrs
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
I understand about being scared. You went though some scary stuff. hugs:yes::laugh:

KATROACH1972
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Thank you Becky! Youre a true blessing, and a wonDerful friend! I will post if they call me back! i STARTED new antibiotic, my uti was resistant to Cipro, I have to take it every 6 hours with food! yuck! Hugs to you my friend! KaTHY:yes::yes:
I understand about being scared. You went though some scary stuff. hugs:yes::laugh:

lucky7
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
We all get scared dear Kathy, please do not appologize:no: It is SO NORMAL to have those feelings when you have to deal with what you are dealing with. YOu have a GREAT attitude regardless, ALL of the time!You have a GREAT SPIRIT MY FRIEND!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:cute:

KATROACH1972
05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Thank you sweet Jeanette! of course your a wonderful friend to me! God bless I ll post any results when i find them out! Love and hugs Kathy

KATROACH1972
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
mris normal! hugs kathy

wrightrs
05-06-2009, 05:35 PM
I so glad they are normal. Hope your doing d better

KATROACH1972
05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I am happy they r normal, but they did find I have no curve in my cervical spine? I looked it up and it can cause some of the neuro symptoms i am having. Any one else know about that? hugs kathy

KATROACH1972
05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Had nerve conduction, and EEG. Ill keep every1 posted! Hugs to all Kathy:cute:

KATROACH1972
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM
I just back from Dr i have Costochondritis, and guess what the same UTII have treated 2 times and now a 3rd! I have wbcs, and +3 blood in urine now! I got put on Augmentum this time 875mg twice daily 10 days! They increased my Prednisone 60, 4 days,40, 4days,30 4days, and back to 20. I also told my rhuem and he said keep taking 2000mgs Cellcept, in case my Kidneys are being attacked. I turned in my 72 hour stool, today also. Maybe they will find out why i have had loose stools for 2 years now! Hope everyone is well! God bless kathy:shocked:

lucky7
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
AWWWWW, You're in my HEART and THOUGHTS Kathy!!!! Sorry thers a rough patch right now hun! YOU WILL PREVAIL!!!! You always do!!!:cute:

KATROACH1972
05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks My sweet friend! Hugs Kathy
AWWWWW, You're in my HEART and THOUGHTS Kathy!!!! Sorry thers a rough patch right now hun! YOU WILL PREVAIL!!!! You always do!!!:cute:

mountaindreamer
05-22-2009, 09:25 AM
hi kathy,

first, i love your avatar....purple and slapping his own belly....makes me smile each time it see it.

so sorry about everything...i am not familiar with Costochronditis. could you please describe what this is. So sorry about the increase of prednisone, wish you did not have to go through all of this.

hope you are having a good friday...wishing you a happy holiday weekend.

Saysusie
05-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Kathy;
Sorry to hear about the costochondritis :nah:. You've been through so much and yet, you are still strong. I hope that this new regimen of meds helps you. Has the increase in Prednisone made a difference yet? I do hope that you get some useful answers followed by some effective treatment. Know that you are in my thoughts!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

KATROACH1972
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
First off I love the Hippo too! reminds me of the good ole days when i could dance haha! Phyliss It is really summed up as inflammation of the connective tissue around the ribcage, sternum area. It feels like a burning, stinging, and sharp pain wrapped in one, usually its only sternum and botton ribs affected, but in my case its attacked my entire ribcage, sternum including my back ribs. I am okay, I know I have had that a while I just put up with it mostly, because my old dr used to make me feel like a hypochondriac. I know my new dr is different, but old habits die hard! I am more concerned with the UTI that is so resistant! Saysusie, I just increased today, so dont really notice a change as of yet, but it has to help i am sure. As for my diarehea, hate to say but i am used to that to, but somedays its 21 times a day thats not fun! Especially, with all the other junk. Sorry, for gripping! Thanks sooooooo much for yahs support you are both Angels! God bless and hugs to you both! Kathy:cute:

Angel Oliver
05-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi and im sorry ive not been around as much....but i am thinking of you and hope you begin to improve and get some relief soon my friend.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

KATROACH1972
05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
THanks my Angel! I hope you are doing well! Miss you! too! I will be alright(got no choice with4 kiddos!) HUGS kathy:cute:
Hi and im sorry ive not been around as much....but i am thinking of you and hope you begin to improve and get some relief soon my friend.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

Angel Oliver
05-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Like you i will be ok...except my babies are fury :) 2 cats and a dog who is randy today.Never had a girl dog who thinks my leg is a boy dog.So funny but not.Dont suppose you know how to control her whilst she's like this? I know its normal.The RSPCA were not sure if she had been done,the op, so we have been waiting to see if she has a 'season'....nothing....but today.....she loves me a bit toooooooooooooo much :) x

KATROACH1972
05-22-2009, 12:49 PM
wow! no advice on the humping issue! haha i have a weiner dog thats a boy and likes our boxer boy dog! hugs kathy

Angel Oliver
05-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh really.I know its a normal thing....just a bit off putting when im lay down and i get her butt in my face :)

Did you enjoy the beach.....feel a bit more relaxed? Hope so!! xxx

KATROACH1972
05-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok????????????? haha Beach? I havent been in years, except the one time i WAS LAYING OUT AND SAVE THE WHALES SHOWED UP WITH A TRUCK!!!! haha

Angel Oliver
05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh im so sorry getting mixed up.......i laughed at what you put though....think ive had that truck turn up too :) You ok.....what you up to tonight?xxx

KATROACH1972
05-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I am fine fixen to start the augmentum for The UTI, its my 3rd round with no relief. Its been resistant! owell lol

froggal
05-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I personally think that augmentin is useless. Seems to me that our bodies build a very quick immunity to it. LOVE your avatar! It reminds me of the nerds candy. On the box they have a pic of a nerd, and it kinda looks like it! :laugh:

KATROACH1972
05-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Some good, news, and not so good news! I know the Lupus has stopped attacking CNS now! I can tell! Minds clear, and numbness, ect.... stopped. It did that 5 months strait, causing couple lesions on brain. Now its on my connective tissue in rib cage, and I think my kidneys! i had UTI 2 months, with this being my 3rd time to try and treat it. I have multiple organisms in urine and +3 blood. Then today I had bad back ache and visible blood in urine. Ok I am done gripping! haha God Bless every1 and have a awesome Memorial Day! Hug to all Kathy

Angel Oliver
05-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Sending you gentle hugs Kathy and sending fast get well vibes to you NOW>>>>>>>:musik28:.xxxxxxxxxx

Saysusie
05-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Kathy..
I, too, am sending you gentle hugs of understanding and caring...

Always
Saysusie

froggal
05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Kathy I love you and think about you often. You are always in my prayers!! I had to re-read the sentence in your last post about multiple organisms. I thought it said something else!!! (Mind in gutter . . . AGAIN!! I need Jesus!!) :cute:

lucky7
05-26-2009, 11:33 AM
AWWWW, thinking of YOU dear KAthy!! Sorry for your discomfort! UGGH!!:skeptical: Oh man, i was so HAPPY for you too when i read that you had MULTIPLE ORGASMS! OOPS! You wrote ORGANISMS! LOL My bad!! Well, hopefully you can have those orgasms pretty soon too! Hey, maybe you ALREADY have!!!! WOO HOO!!! Now there's some RELIEF for ya!!!!;)

KATROACH1972
05-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Thats funny, when i text my hubby that about the bacteria, I thought about how it sounds! haha Unfortunately, thats one thing I dont have! haha Why do we only get the junky stuff! lov ya all hugs kathy

KATROACH1972
05-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Angel and Saysusie you are great support! lov ya both hugs back

lucky7
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Well Kathy , you are going to HAVE to work on that now! You DO realize that sex is GOOD for people with Lupus!:laugh: Seriously, it is! Try it out, its amazing how relaxed and in LA LA land you are for a bit after! HEY, ILL DO WHAT I NEED TO DO TO HELP MY SYMPTOMS GET AT LEAST SOME SHORT TERM RELIEF!! :fing02:

KATROACH1972
05-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Hear that! have great day! hugs KATHY

Oluwa
05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Orgasm equals endorphins runny about...with high endorphins, we feel less pain and fewer negative effects of stress. Gadgets work...easier on the muscles and joints..Really!

L.
O.

Angel Oliver
05-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Hope you keep feeling better every day.And yes....i too had to read it twice :) i was going to write something,but didnt as im a good girl.....lol. But if im off for a while....i may have bought something new lmao :) Oh im naughty.xxxx

AyahsClan
05-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Whoa what the heck have I been missing! Forum girls gone wild!

abbasgirl
05-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Some good, news, and not so good news! I know the Lupus has stopped attacking CNS now! I can tell! Minds clear, and numbness, ect.... stopped. It did that 5 months strait, causing couple lesions on brain. Now its on my connective tissue in rib cage, and I think my kidneys! i had UTI 2 months, with this being my 3rd time to try and treat it. I have multiple organisms in urine and +3 blood. Then today I had bad back ache and visible blood in urine. Ok I am done gripping! haha God Bless every1 and have a awesome Memorial Day! Hug to all Kathy

So glad to hear your good news Kathy! But so sorry about the UTI. Those are the pits! Hurting in the ribs is my weak spot. That makes me cry big time!

And I'm a good girl like Angel Oliver... I read "organisms". Honest. :wink1:

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Ayah that is funny . . . Look at what you started Kat!!! Its a regular reality show in here! Lupie girls getting excited over bacteria!!!:laugh:

AyahsClan
05-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Ayah that is funny . . . Look at what you started Kat!!! Its a regular reality show in here! Lupie girls getting excited over bacteria!!!:laugh:

Next thing you know someone will start a thread " Secret lupie desires for ultrasound techs" confessions.

froggal
05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Ayah, you make me smile! That is TOO FUNNY!!!

KATROACH1972
05-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Speaking of!!!!!!!!! There was this tech! Just kidding girls! lol I hope you all are well! Come see my social group! Its for gripes! i know you two dont have any! haha hugs

lucky7
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
LOl TOO FUNNY!!!!! Yeah Oluwa, toys work too!!!!!!:laugh:

KATROACH1972
05-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Okay, ladies! take a cold shower! lol

Margie26
05-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi Kathy and everyone,

Well, I started reading this thread and I'm so sorry that you've been through so much Kathy!!

I had to laugh about all the jokes, specially the tech part...LOL :laugh:

I hope you're feeling better.

Hugs,

Margie

mountaindreamer
05-28-2009, 07:21 PM
i have been a spectator in this thread, and let me tell you, this is some funny stuff.....techs, organisms, and cold showers.....hooray for the lupie ladies.

KATROACH1972
05-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks Margie and Phyliss! You are both very sweet! now back to my updates! haha I have had a blind spot in my left eye 4 mornings in a row! I have macular degenration, soo its probably that. Owell haha! gotta laff! Cold shower!lol Hugs my friends

mountaindreamer
05-29-2009, 07:56 PM
hi katroach,

i saw my opthomologist yesterday, and she told me that macular degeneration is what they watch out for with plaquenil.

what are your options for stopping the degeneration?

KATROACH1972
05-30-2009, 09:14 AM
I really dont think there is any. I was just told if i have blind spot come in! wow duh! lol They cant reverse or stop it. Mine was that way b4 plaquenil, and then I took it 2 months and it advanced. So, I had to stop it. I been on high dose prednisone 2and half years everyday, and now cellcept 2000mgs, hey but some good news! I did save on my car insurance by switching to Geico! Just kidding! HUGS Kathy

Angel Oliver
05-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Just to say hi to you Kathy and sending you gentle hugs.Love your humor.

love
Amanda.xxxxxx

KATROACH1972
05-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Thank you Sweetpea! your a wonderful friend! hugs back at you! By the way go read my post in our gripe group! Kathy

Angel Oliver
05-31-2009, 11:30 AM
I have and im so angry at him for you! You are beautiful and like you said, you are on meds what his excuse.I'll tell ya....he's a bully! Dont you take no crap and make sure you make him understand what i put on the 'gripe'.This is affecting you and making you flare.He'll have us all to answer to if he doesnt stop it.And dont ever say you are ugly my friend.....i wont have it!!!

Lots of love to a fab friend
Amanda.xxxx

KATROACH1972
05-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks my friend! I have put myself down so much, for so long, that he thinks if he does maybe I would be motivated to look better! HELL! i WOULD LOOK BETTER IF I WOULD EVER FREAKING FEEL BETTER! Its been atleast 8 years since I felt half way decent a whole day. Lupus SUX!!!!!!!!!! lol Okay I am better! blessings Kathy

lucky7
06-01-2009, 01:28 PM
LOL Kathy!!! Geico!!!! :laugh:TOO FRIGIN FUNNY!!!!!!

All women putthemselves down TOO MUCH!!!! WE MUST LOVE OURSELVES AND EACH OTHER!!!!!! I had a cashier the other day who was JUST ADORABLE so i decided to tell her and OMG she was so surprised i said it! I told her "hey, women are hard on themselves and each other so if i have a happy thought about somebody im going to share it damn it"!!! LOL She said, "wow, i really like you and im so glad you picked my lane to check out!". She couldnt thank me enough,and i felt glad that i told her, why keep nice comments and/or compliments to ourselves?! Lets sharre HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!!! :yes: Believe me, you will walk away FEELING GOOD about yourself because you made someones day a little brighter!!! :cute:

Angel Oliver
06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh Jeanette you are so lovely and thoughtful....but so true what you said.You hear that Kathy? We will make you stronger and soon your husband wont put you down again...but say lovely things to you like he should be doing anyway.

love
Amanda.xxxxxx

lucky7
06-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Thats RIGHT Amanda!!! GO KATHY GO KATHY!!!! Now YOU KNOW Kathy, YOU ARE the SEXY CHEROKEE MAMA!!! COme on now, you didnt FORGET already did you!!! Ive told you from the start, ONLY YOU CAN CARRY that LABEL my friend!!!!! LOve that LONG and FLOWING dark hair!!!!!! SEXY!!!! Your husband doesnt KNOW what he has and if he FINALLY figured it out , well, he wouldnt KNOW what to DO with such a LOVELY LADY!!!! He would have to Google it because you would freak his mind with all your Cherokee Hotness so bad that he couldnt think straight! YOU GO GIRL!!:yes:

Angel Oliver
06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Kathy,

I just looked at your photos......is your husband blind? You are so beautiful indeed....he needs shaking till his head wobbles...omg..so pretty kathy....PRETTY!!!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon::wavey::fam 21:.XXX

KATROACH1972
06-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Thank u ladies! u r both gorgeous! Its something I have to work on. i have always hated myself. Been thru alot during my whole childhood, that really has me where I hate to even look in the mirror. Ok I will shut up! Thanks agin hugs

mountaindreamer
06-01-2009, 05:44 PM
hey kathy,

i just caught up with the conversation, and i haven't checked out the "gripe group" but i will....however, i want to jump in here and support jeannette and amanda.....you do not deserve this....you struggle each day to establish and live a "new life". It is time your husband remember back to the young beauty, and cherish the inner beauty that you are....It is impossible for a disease like lupus not to change our appearance....crap the pain itself causes physical changes. Ask him if he forgot about living by the "golden rule". You would never do this to him.

when we feel beautiful on the inside, we look beautiful on the outside.

Jeannette, i agree with your new practice of complimenting people....i am going to make sure that i do the same on a regular basis....maybe this could be the theme of our little family....we compliment those we encounter.

abbasgirl
06-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I went to look at Kathy's picture and GIRLFRIEND! Stop putting down your looks.

He's got to be kidding around! You're too pretty, Kathy!

AyahsClan
06-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Thank u ladies! u r both gorgeous! Its something I have to work on. i have always hated myself. Been thru alot during my whole childhood, that really has me where I hate to even look in the mirror. Ok I will shut up! Thanks agin hugs

Musta missed the post where your hubby said something about your looks? Lucky for him I missed it too! I'd come by and we'd pull a Thelma and Louise all up in his face.

Some of us may not have been raised as daddy's little angel, but that does not mean we were not worthy to have been. Don't let any voice from within or without convince you that you are not a beautiful work of art, cause you are. No self loathing allowed in lupus.

Angel Oliver
06-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Kathy,

Ok i'll tell you something here.When i last worked it was december 2007.One man there used to joke with me and say something funny about my 'goaty n mustache' i used to laugh not knowing what he meant.Never realising and at th etime i was on a high does of pred,a steriod....can you imagine my horror.I did have a tash and a fury face :) Lately ive been so conscious of it ivebeen putting myself through such pain....tweeser out my facial hair.Until David (Grime) told me you can actually get cream.I bought some.Must say...i find it so funny i have a hairy face and i didnt even know :) So if you wanna fury kiss....i'll give ya one right now lol..so funny.But it'll be gone for good soon...now i know.But its no big deal.The man who said it to me has sweaty feet and people know it....but he doesnt....so even funnier.What goes round comes round.Rock on all the hairy ladies...so funny.!!! (Im not saying i have a full man tash or beard just fine hairs...but bit too many) so funny.xxxxxxxx

KATROACH1972
06-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks Phyliss, Abba,Ayahs,Angel! I agree. I think its more my fault. I have always dogged myself. Even when i was 92lbs, blonde long hair and fit! I think if I start telling myself I am beautiful, then it will show, wether I feel like it or not! Thanks you ladies for your support! You are all wondeful sexy! Studlettes!!! haha! I am a sexy momma! I am a sexy momma!!! BOY THATS HARD! lol HUGS Kathy

Angel Oliver
06-07-2009, 03:28 PM
It'll get easier when you start to believe the truth!! xxxxxxx

KATROACH1972
06-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanx my sweet Angel! I have had a migrane everyday i have taken Cellcept! Anyone else know if it related? I also still have UTI, after four rounds of Antibiotics! I see the Urologist 16th. I know i have stones and cysts, but was told by primary they wouldnt cause and infection?! I dont buy that! Owell. oh, I also still have what they keep calling costochondritis. I think its something else(maybe the kidneys jacking with my insides) i have had blood +3 or more last urine tests.(no protien though) thanx for all your support! Hugs Kathy

Angel Oliver
06-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Well i have migrane and im not on those meds....mmmm? I just hope you rest allot and start to ease up soon.....you need a break from all this...n soon.
lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
06-07-2009, 09:45 PM
hi kathy,

i don't take cellcept, so don't know if there is a relationship to migraines. WOW, i am so glad you are seeing dr. on 16th. be sure and let us know what you find out.....so many infections, so many weird medical issues to tend to, so many unanswered questions....so sorry you are dealinng with all of this.

KATROACH1972
06-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks Phyliss! I ll keep u all posted! hugs to u! my dear friend! kathy

lucky7
06-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Im late on this since ive been gone a bit but that was nice to hear Phyllis!!! Good idea!!!! I say WE ALL SUPPORT one another in ways that will boost our egos as well!!!!!! WE DESERVE IT!!!!

KATROACH1972
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Amen to that! and booooooo! to all the mean people!lol hugs

lucky7
06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :nana: Thats RIGHT Kathy!!!!!!:arms:

Betty Boop
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I just had to write in today. I just left my doctor's office and was told the lumps that I have on my neck, right at my clavicles are nothing more than fat pads. Oddly enough. I have lost 13 pounds over the last few weeks, yet these are "fat pads". It doesn't explain why I have an unending chronic pain across the top of my chest, up around my clavicles and into my neck, and between my shoulder blades. PCP told me that I am paying too much attention to my body and to relax. It is just fat. He still thinks I have unexplained inflammation that should settle down. As far the swelling and extreme redness that continues to flare everytime I go outside and am in a warm room is just a photosensitivity that I have developed. He is sending me to a dermatologist for a "biopsy". This I truly don't understand. Anyway, I appreciate having a place to vent.

Saysusie
06-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I get those "just fat" nodules often. However, being a cancer survivor, I never take any of them lightly! So, off I go running to my doctor to make sure that they are nothing serious. So far...so good!
So, there is nothing wrong with you wanting some solid answers about these "fat" nodules and there certainly nothing wrong with you paying close attention to your body. A good doctor would appreciate a patient who knows their body well.
You never need to apologize for venting here with us. We truly understand. Stand your ground and do not allow this doctor to dismiss any issue that you bring to his attention. Also, let him know that you have no intention of ignoring your body because you are dedicated to doing all that you can to maintain some reasonable health. If he does not want to work with you on this goal, then refer you to someone who does!!
We are here for you whenever you need us. So, vent away!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

KATROACH1972
06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Betty Boop:, Make sure you're vigilant with the Drs to rule out all the things it can be. Even when they dont think its anything. I would be like show me its not anything! I went in after my suposed treatment (increase in pred) for 11days didnt do anything for my suposed costochondritis. I went back and the dr said "we have done xrays last year and ct last year for the same complaint! i dont know what to tell you! its all superficial pain", and pressed on my ribs so hard that it would of hurt any1, and said"well does that hurt!" Well, of course it did! So that was the end of that visit. I called my Rhuem and he was like I want to see you and try to figure out whats up! (I love him!) Just another update of many! HUgs KATHY

Margie26
06-10-2009, 06:56 AM
I know what you mean, Kathy.

I have a doctor's appointment today and I'm already in such a tension this morning!
It's like being in a suspense when you watch a Thriller movie!:wideeyed::wideeyed:

I try to relax, but let me tell you, I'm in a suspense not knowing what I can expect! :unsure:
The appointment is in the afternoon.

Now let me go watch a movie, at least that can take my mind of it for awhile.:yes:

Hugs,

Margie

KATROACH1972
06-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I am okay today, with my Rhuem. Hes the only one that had ever tried to help me, but every other Dr. I have had has been horrid! I hope your appointment goes well Margie! hugs Kathy

Margie26
06-10-2009, 10:38 AM
hI Kathy,

Oh that's wonderful that the appointment with the rheum went great.

I've to wait 3 more hours for the appointment from today with the intrernal specialist.:yes:

KATROACH1972
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I drove 60miles, and appointment is tomorrow!!!!!!!ugh!!!!!!!! lol owell. Kathy

mountaindreamer
06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
OMG kathy,

what a day you had, and now got to try again tomorrow....i am certain that the second time will be the charm....maybe karma was at play, and tomorrow you will have a 100% successful appointment.

abbasgirl
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I just had to write in today. I just left my doctor's office and was told the lumps that I have on my neck, right at my clavicles are nothing more than fat pads. Oddly enough. I have lost 13 pounds over the last few weeks, yet these are "fat pads". It doesn't explain why I have an unending chronic pain across the top of my chest, up around my clavicles and into my neck, and between my shoulder blades. PCP told me that I am paying too much attention to my body and to relax. It is just fat. He still thinks I have unexplained inflammation that should settle down. As far the swelling and extreme redness that continues to flare everytime I go outside and am in a warm room is just a photosensitivity that I have developed. He is sending me to a dermatologist for a "biopsy". This I truly don't understand. Anyway, I appreciate having a place to vent.

Oh, I would have been tempted to ask if I could examine his head for a brain and his chest for a heart. What a butthead. I have those "fat pads" too and a sensitive clavicle... it's nothing to ignore at all. Maybe they're glands that are swollen since you're hurting across the chest like that. I'd get another opinion about it and consider firing him. A patient is supposed to be involved in their own care like you are.

KATROACH1972
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
OMG kathy,

what a day you had, and now got to try again tomorrow....i am certain that the second time will be the charm....maybe karma was at play, and tomorrow you will have a 100% successful appointment.
I have to cancel my daughter has a game. OWell, I was wondering does anyone know if Cellcept can mess with your liver? I have been yellow, even on my white legs!:huh:oh, yeah hubby being butthole again, hes got virus from me, and when I said now you know how I feel everyday! He said well you been sick 15yrs straight! excuse me if I dont notice! hugs kathy:grumpy:

mountaindreamer
06-10-2009, 07:23 PM
kathy,

sounds like you need to keep the dr. appt. and cancel your plans for the game.....i strongly urge you to see a dr. about your yellow coloring.

KATROACH1972
06-11-2009, 10:15 AM
kathy,

sounds like you need to keep the dr. appt. and cancel your plans for the game.....i strongly urge you to see a dr. about your yellow coloring. I am stuborn, lol. I will go next friday, but I will call his office and see if he will order liver panel. Thanks Phyliss! Hugs! Kathy

mountaindreamer
06-11-2009, 10:51 AM
hey, i definitely understand being stubborn....i am sure that i would have done the same thing.

KATROACH1972
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I went and got liver panel, I am sure it will be fine. I am Cajun and Indian, so its hard to tell when I am yellow. Just being safe! Lol Hugs kathy ill let every1 know results.

Margie26
06-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Kathy, it's great you got the Liver Panel done.

I hope everything is ok.

I will keep checking for your update

KATROACH1972
06-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Kathy, it's great you got the Liver Panel done.

I hope everything is ok.

I will keep checking for your update Thanks Margie! I also started taking Prozac this morning! Maybe it will help something! lol Hugs Kathy

lucky7
06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
HMMMMMM, now Pretty Cherokee Ma Ma, you MUST have your yellow limbs checked out my friend, you KNOW this has to happen, right!:yes: Yellow is a good reason i am pretty sure to go to the dr! Silly silly!! We want our long flowing beautiful haired Kathy to be well!!!! Sorry you had to drive far just to turn around! UGH!:drive:Well, at least you got some "Kathy time" in though! Peace and quiet for a bit doesnt hurt, right!!!!

KATROACH1972
06-14-2009, 12:29 PM
HMMMMMM, now Pretty Cherokee Ma Ma, you MUST have your yellow limbs checked out my friend, you KNOW this has to happen, right!:yes: Yellow is a good reason i am pretty sure to go to the dr! Silly silly!! We want our long flowing beautiful haired Kathy to be well!!!! Sorry you had to drive far just to turn around! UGH!:drive:Well, at least you got some "Kathy time" in though! Peace and quiet for a bit doesnt hurt, right!!!! Yup I did get some drive time alone!, and every song I like came on! Felt like I was 16 again, but with an extra 100lbs! haha I am waiten on callback tomorrow. Like I said Its weird My skin looks like I tanned, i know I have indian ,and Cajun in me but why would that do that after 37 years! lol Hugs Kathy:embarrassed::laugh:

lucky7
06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
See Kathy, the radio KNEW you were having some ALONE TIME so they played your favorite songs!!!!!!! COOL!!!!! :yes: See how SPECIAL YOU are!!!!!! Like i always KNEW!!!!!!!!:cute:

KATROACH1972
06-15-2009, 01:18 PM
My liver panel fine! Guess my Indian, Cajun coming out! haha HUGS KATHY

lucky7
06-15-2009, 01:26 PM
WOO HOO to the liver being fine my Cherokee MAMA!!!!!! That Indian can help us a lot huh!!!!!!! WOO HOO to the Indian in us!!!!!! :653:

Angel Oliver
06-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Thinking of you Kathy and im so glad you heard a good song....hope you sang your heart out.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

KATROACH1972
06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Thank you two! Sweet friends. I go to URO tomorow, about my never ending uti! lol HUGS KATHY

Angel Oliver
06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Hope tomorrow goes well and make sure you say everything you need too...dont back down or let em talk over you....aything you dont understand....this is the point you imagine us all there with you.....goodluck.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxx

KATROACH1972
06-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I was just prescribed Lodine, for my arthritis, and some pain medicines. I hope this will help with my two hours of sleep a night! HUgs Kathy In flare up, so not on much lately! :embarrassed:ps? any1 take Lodine?

lucky7
06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
AWWWWW, sorry you are in a flare my friend!!!!!! Glad you got some meds to hopefully help!!!!!! Hope you can get your needed rest!!!!! :yes: Im thinking of you Kathy!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:cute:

KATROACH1972
06-22-2009, 04:56 PM
AWWWWW, sorry you are in a flare my friend!!!!!! Glad you got some meds to hopefully help!!!!!! Hope you can get your needed rest!!!!! :yes: Im thinking of you Kathy!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:cute:Thanks Sweetie! i appreciate you! Have you taken lodine before? :cute: HUGS KATHY

lucky7
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
No i havent my friend. I hope it works well for you!!!!!:yes:

mountaindreamer
06-22-2009, 06:51 PM
hi kahy, i have never taken lodine.....hope it works for you.

KATROACH1972
06-22-2009, 07:07 PM
hi kahy, i have never taken lodine.....hope it works for you. Thanx Phyliss! your an Angel! HUGS I AM FLARING BIGTIME RIGHT NOW! UGH:embarrassed::no::unsure::hissyfit: KATHY

KATROACH1972
06-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Im on the Lodine for Arthritis, good ole Lupus stopped attacking my cns, to pay a visit to my hands knees and feet! Isnt that thoughtful of it! Now i am on a more pills then my both my elderly parents! LUPUS SUX! Oh yeah, my joints are deforming didnt notice til they started hurting couple weeks ago(didnt think lupus did that) I guess it pretty much does whatever the heck it wants! HUGS Kathy
http://forum.wehavelupus.com/images/styles/lupus/misc/progress.gif

KATROACH1972
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
:wideeyed:I had some weird junk again! I do have macular degeneration in both eyes, and they dont know why! Well, lastnight while I was watching cartoons with my youngest my left eye totally went out! Freaked me out bigtime! My hubby was on nights, and I called him, and he said"well, just see what it does!" yeah right see! haha! Anyways, I just turned tv off and lights off, and made one of my older kids take my youngest to sleep with her. Needless to say I can see okay today! It was scarey though! any1 ever do that b4?:unsure:PS. i am in a flare, dont know if that anything to do with it.

lucky7
06-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah Kathy, i NEVER had eye issues BEFORE lupus, now i have floaters, curtains, had a torn retina, popped blood vessels and sometimes my eyesight goes blurry! :wacko: So my sweet Cherokee mama, you are not alone:no: I DO believe its the lupus!!!:skeptical:

KATROACH1972
06-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks sweetie! I hope ur eyes and mine get better! hugs kathy

lucky7
06-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Me too SWEETIE!!!!!!! Heres to better eyes!!!! :beerchug:

KATROACH1972
06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
I ll toast to that! lol hugs kathy

KATROACH1972
06-30-2009, 04:25 PM
I woke up with my whole top of my mouth with ulcers, and my tonsils with puss pockets. I also think may be some ulcers in my esophagus, because my chest burns! I had to cancel eye appointment, because i feel so freaking rotten. i asked my hubby to drop kids at grandmas, so I could rest b4 he went to work, but it was to inconvient, plus he said why do they need to go there? Youre not going anywhere! owell Hugs Kathy:embarrassed:

crmj1183
06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I woke up at 4:30 this morning in pain I cried all morning and on the way to work :(. My stomach was killing me, and I drove to work to find out that I'm scheduled off?!?! Anyway I went back home and I've been laying down all day. Lupus is kicking my ass today.

KATROACH1972
06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I woke up at 4:30 this morning in pain I cried all morning and on the way to work :(. My stomach was killing me, and I drove to work to find out that I'm scheduled off?!?! Anyway I went back home and I've been laying down all day. Lupus is kicking my ass today. I am sorry you are feeling bad! I hate this dang disease, and all the hell it brings every dang day! I would like atleast one dang day to feel good! you know what i mean! Dumb Lupus! HUGS kathy:no:

ashleybaby715
06-30-2009, 05:23 PM
yeahh lupus def SUCKS the the fullest extent !!!!!!!
ughhh!!

Angel Oliver
06-30-2009, 05:27 PM
:damnit::rocketwhore: I agree.x

ritzbit
06-30-2009, 05:41 PM
:pokey: That to me is how annoying lupus is. Like someone constantly poking you with a stick lol and it makes me want to do this :twak: lol

Angel Oliver
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
:) yes and this too....>:moon:.

ritzbit
06-30-2009, 05:54 PM
:laugh: and that lol

:vader: Lupus is darth vader. And we're the little guy. I know who wins that one =D haha

mountaindreamer
06-30-2009, 08:07 PM
hi kathy and crmj,

so sorry that you both are having such difficult days.....your pain sounds especially cruel, and i hope it is gone when you wake up in the morning.

crmj, be sure to check your schedule before driving to office, and kathy, tell your husband to take a flying leap.....just kidding, but i do hope that he catches on pretty soon.

KATROACH1972
07-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks every1 Lupus does suck! and if i was feeling better I would spank its butt!! hugs Yup my hubby p's me off alot. I love him he loves me but hes an a**Hole sometimes! lol hugs my friends!

Angel Oliver
07-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Oh im sending you gentle hugs and hope soon you get a break and feel better....all of you.I understand the husband thing too :) xx

KATROACH1972
07-04-2009, 07:38 PM
I am unable to breath, and cant lay down without feeling suffocated and chest pains! Good ole pluerisy, from my least favorite disease! Oh yeah my youngest and middle girl have stomach flu! :grumpy: Happy 4th! Hugs Kathy

mountaindreamer
07-05-2009, 05:51 PM
oh yuk kathy,

so sorry about your agony.....pueurisy really sucks....makes you so uncomfortable....hope you are better today....and i hope the stomach virus has evacuated your home.

KATROACH1972
07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Thank u my sweet friend! Blessings to u, and I hope your pain goes away soon! Hugs kathy

gina
07-06-2009, 06:29 AM
My heart goes out to you. if its not one thing its another and with children being sick to makes it worse.

Sending you a great big hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abbasgirl
07-06-2009, 11:19 AM
(((((HUGS)))))

I'm praying for you and your girls. How are you all today sweetie?

lucky7
07-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Oh Kathy, i am SO SORRY for your issues and your girls as well! I havent been around so i didnt know. Im wishing the BEST for ALL of you my friend, please take care of yourself:cute:

Saysusie
07-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Kathy;
How are you feeling? Still suffering from pleurisy pain? I must be psychically connected to you because I, too, had a pleurisy attack on the 4th. This was, unfortunately, accompanied by a horrific migraine (or Lupus headache!).
I hope that you are feeling better today (July 9th!).

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

KATROACH1972
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks Saysusie, thats sweet! I had to go to ER because I couldnt breath well, and the dr. talked to me and said oh... sounds like anxiety! and that was it gave me more meds! UGH!!! I then got stomach flu and was in throwing up 2 days straight! It was horrid! My kids had it, but it was fast for them and they were fine. i guess the pred, cellcept made it worse for me! Hugs sweet friend! Hope ur pluerisy is gone soon! HUGS Kathy

lucky7
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
ALWAYS the drs answer, MORE MEDS! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :devil3: Thats how i feel about that

KATROACH1972
07-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Fixen to start Vistaril! wish me luck! UGH hugs kathy

SandyR
07-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Kathy, I am sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. And that you got stuck with another know-it-all dr at the ER. I hope that Vistaril works for you.
Sandy

KATROACH1972
07-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Vistaril, did nothing! it is not my dang nerves its my dang lungs! I have been struggling to breathe a week now! My lips blue etc... I hate know it all drs that no squat! hugs Kathy

Angel Oliver
07-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Thinking of you and hoping you breath better soon and your family eases too.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxx

SandyR
07-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh Kathy I sorry to hear that you are still suffering. I just found out on Friday that there is a lung doctor (Pulmonologist). Have you tried seeing one of those? Sucks not being able to get your breathe right.

Pearl
07-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I just saw your post about the eye trouble and the rest of the story....I am thinking of you my friend.

Your story made me think of what happened to me one day (years before the lupus diagnosis). I was at a children's birthday party in the park on a hot summer day. All day. Went home that night, laid on the couch to take a nap. Woke up...POW. Blind in my left eye, worst headache of my life, throwing up, dizzy...the works. Wound up in the ER, where they would not treat me for hours because they thought I was a drug addict looking for a few pain meds. Anyway, since that time, I have had lots of problems with my eyes. Looking back, I think it was all lupus related.

As for the pleurisy thing, I too thought I was having a bout of that in December. Turns out, I had a horrible bacterial infection that caused pneumonia, and it took lung surgery to save my life. So GET YOURSELF back to the ER if you need to, and don't let those stupid doctors (or your dear hubby) ignore any aspect of what is happening with you. Do I need to come out there and chew on some ankles???? I didn't get my nickname (the Chihuahua) for nothing, you know.....

Take care Kathy,

Jana

KATROACH1972
07-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Thank u Jana, ur a doll! HUGS Kathy

KATROACH1972
07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
My insurance is fighting me getting Cellcept, even generic. I know its very expensive, but it has stopped my brain lesions, and cns attack! My dr. has sent them request ,but now they are fighting it! :nah:Keep me in prayers for approval! Hugs Kathy:embarrassed:

Pearl
07-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Fight them at every step. If they deny you something your doctor believes is medically necessary, appeal that decision within the time set forth in your policy. Document everything. Do not accept no for an answer. There is NO ONE at the insurance company that is better prepared to make a health care decision on your behalf than are you and your physician. Period.

As I said before, I'll come out there if I have to!

Take care,

Jana

KATROACH1972
07-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Thank you Jana, I will give you my address,haha! I have to call and find out if they have approved it yet, but I feel the same way as you do about it! Their money, my life! Hugs Kathy

SandyR
07-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Kathy,
Jana's right. Fight the insurance company! Did you know that they make money when they don't spend money (read deny claims!) and that they will deny a claim just to save money because they know that most people won't spend the time and energy to fight them. Then they deny a claim for the second or third time. It really is all about the money. Keep fighting it. Send all your letters certified to the CEO with copies of your doctor's letters and whatever research you can find backing up why that product is good for you. Multiple letters from multiple doctors is better. Be prepared to fight. You'll probably feel like :hissyfit: but they (the insurance companies) are betting that you will eventually back down and they will win and save money. Sick and disgraceful but true. Did you see Sicko? It's one of the Michael Moore documentaries. If not, I recommend it. Makes you mad as hell at these insurance companies and glad at the same time that you are not as bad off as some of the people featured there and it opened my eyes to medical care in places we think of as destitute (like Cuba).
Sandy

mountaindreamer
07-15-2009, 05:18 AM
hi kathy,

it is bad enough what we go through with drs. and now you are having to fight the insurance company. Oh well, you have had experience, and this is just another obstacle trying to get in your way.....NOT HAPPENING....keep climbing the ladder at the insurance company until you can get someone who will help you. Also, if your insurance is through yours or your husband's employment, check with the company administrator. Whenever i have problems with my insurance company, he calls the insurance company rep and gets me some help.

good luck....you do NOT deserve this crap.

KATROACH1972
07-15-2009, 12:19 PM
thanks Phyllis, youre right. I just called, and they are still hosing around. i have three days left of my med, and thats taking 1000mgs and not 2000mgs aday. Hugs Kathy

KATROACH1972
07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Insurance did approve my cellcept till December! Thanks for prayers! Hugs Kathy:cute:

SandyR
07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
yay for Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky7
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
AWWWW, my dear Kathy!!!! So sorry you are having to deal with the insurance company now!!!!! Ill take them out for you and then ill get you all the meds you need for free!!!!!:rocketwhore: Thinking of you sweetie!!!XXXXXX

Saysusie
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Finally! I'm glad that they approved Kathy. I am so sorry that you had to go through this ordeal with the insurance company! But, I'm glad that you will be able to get your meds until December. But, does this mean that, in December, you will have to go through this fight again???

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

MLockwood
07-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi Kathy,
Hopefully you'll get some answers soon. I will keep you in my thoughts!

KATROACH1972
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks sweet friends! yup i will have to justify getting my Cellcept, again in December, but atleast I have a few more months before that stress pops up! Hugs Kathy

Pearl
07-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Kathy, great to hear you won the fight this time. Try not to stress out between now and December. Give the meds a chance to work for you. BTW, in December, I would argue that they've set a precedent now...they approved it once, now they have some explaining to do if they refuse to approve it again!

Hope you are well this weekend.

KATROACH1972
07-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Thank you sweet Pearl! I am doing okay. Except regular insomnia! Most of share that!ugh! Hugs kathy

KATROACH1972
09-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I HAVE HAD A MIGRANE GOING ON 2WEEKS STRAIGHT.. I STARTED METHREXATE SHOT 5WEEKS AGO. IT HAS STOPPED MY JOINT PAIN!!!! I AM TRYING TO WEAN DOWN ON PREDNISONE. FROM 20MGS DOWN TO 10 I HAVE GAINED 45 LBS! UGH! I DONT EAT BUT IM SWOLLEN UP BAD! HANDS, FACE, FEET, LEGS! I AM GOING ON 4YRS STRAIGHT WITH THE PREDNISONE, FROM 5-80MGS EVERYDAY. I AM GLAD MY JOINTS ARE BETTER, BUT NOW THIS DANG HEAD! MY BP IS ELEVATED, WITH 2 BP MEDS. OKAY I AM DONE GRIPPING! MAY BE BACK ON IN FEW DAYS ARE SO. HUGS EVERY1 LUV YA ALL KATHY:embarrassed:

Grime
09-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi Kathy,
Well I aint much on all the meds that doctors seem to put us on. May I offer a suggestion for your joint pain. http://www.cortaflex.com/flfoca.html Not a bad price for a 60 day supply. I took the equine corta flex for years and have no joint problems with my Lupus. This is what my rehume can't undestand why I don't have joint problems.

I've busted both hand, elbow, and a shot left shoulder. All are working great with no pain.

mountaindreamer
09-13-2009, 06:36 PM
hi kathy,so glad you popped in to say hi.....so sorry to hear about the migraine...that is the worst, especially when you can't get any relief for 2 weeks....that is just too much.good luck on tappering the prednisone, pop back in very soon, and let's talk awhile.

lucky7
09-14-2009, 03:24 PM
AWWWWW,THINKING OF MY SEXY CHEROKEE MAMA!!!!!! :yes: Please be well sweetie:cute:

KATROACH1972
09-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Thank u Phyliss, David, and jeanne. I have the migrane still. I had one one time 3 years straight ! no joke! My rhuem said was Lupus of course like everything else they cant find reason for!lol. Have a good day friends. hugs kathy

Angel Oliver
09-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Kathy,

I know i have migranes and headaches allot,but you know,i feel worried about you.Its seems a very long time for you to be left to cope with this.Why dont you call the doctor or make an appoitment n be firm and ask for a scan or proper meds to get this under control? Its only a suggestion,but it should ease and it doesnt seem to be doing.You could even be allergic to something thats keeping it in full flow...dairy maybe or something you eat or drink every day maybe? Or it could be one of your meds you take also.I know i have flashing lights either side like blinkers a horse wears ...not that im a horse :) but do you and do you also have lights in you front vision? Maybe an eye test could be done also.You need help n fast.Its so sad to read you still have this.Oh my they hurt so bad.I so hope it eases soon for you.You know i went for an eye test yesterday,how thick did i feel.He told me the flashing i have every day are actually migranes.I always thought migranes were flashes with a very bad headache.NOPE it can also be just flashing in the eyes,i never knew.So turns out i have em most days also.But certainly not as bad as yours Kathy.Please let me know what you think.I have flashing in front of my eyes so am back at the eye doc thursday for the drops n eye test.Hope something i wrote helps so we can help you feel much better and soon.
Thinking of you.
love Amanda.xxxxxx

KATROACH1972
09-16-2009, 07:07 PM
thanks Amanda. I have been diagnosed with the brain lesions, high blood pressure, and macular degeneration b4 so it could really be all the above are just dang lupus! I hate pain but my drs think im a wack job. I have tried everthing including vicoden! not an ounce of relief thank u for being so sweet and i am so sorry u suffer to! It sux! hugs my friend!

KATROACH1972
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
thanks Amanda. I have been diagnosed with the brain lesions, high blood pressure, and macular degeneration b4 so it could really be all the above are just dang lupus! I hate pain but my drs think im a wack job. I have tried everthing including vicoden! not an ounce of relief thank u for being so sweet and i am so sorry u suffer to! It sux! hugs my friend!

KATROACH1972
10-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I have been MIA with migrane the last few months!!ugh! Also my Methtextrate has me sooooooooooooooooooooo nauseated! :skeptical: I miss everyone. I am sorry i havent been on in so long. Prayers and hugs to all of u! Lov Ya all Kathy:huh:

BonusMom
10-15-2009, 08:29 PM
At what point do you stop a med due to side effects?

So sorry that you're still in pain.

lucky7
10-16-2009, 09:43 AM
OH HOW WE MISS YOU TOO KATHY!!!!! Please take care of yourself and know that you are LOVED and THOUGHT about OFTEN!!!!!!!:cute:

sick n tired
10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey Kathy...I wish you could come up to Dallas and see Dr. Zashin...he is not the kind of doctor who calls/acts like the patient is a wack job..he has never told me it is in my head, either...There are people who live in Houston and San Antonio, as well as Oklahome who come to him...

I do hope that your miagraine goes away...I hate it when one of those hit...

KATROACH1972
10-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Thank u my sweet sweet friends! u r all angels! hugs luv ya all! I need to something but my insurance makes me see their Drs and as u can imagine they only do what the insurance says is okay! I think they get xmas bonuses if ur treated as little as possible, or if they kill u! lol Sorry! but I believe this is true! kathy

lucky7
10-20-2009, 04:06 PM
BOY, isnt THAT the TRUTH Kathy!!!!! MONEY MONEY MONEY is what MATTERS here in good ole America! Who cares about taking CARE OF OUR PEOPLE huh! As long as the "GOOD OLE BOYS" are getting their pockets lined~~~~~~~ :no:

KATROACH1972
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank u Jeanette! Luv ya Sistah

KATROACH1972
10-28-2009, 08:35 PM
hope everyone is doing well! I was started on Imuran! with my prednisone and stopped Methtextrate, kinda scared about it! sideffects not to fun! Luv every1 hugs Kathy:unsure:

Angel Oliver
10-29-2009, 04:32 AM
Thinking of you and hope you soon feel a little better.

Lots of love Amanda.xxxx

KATROACH1972
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks 4 ur sweetness Amanda! ur great! hugs kathy

lucky7
11-02-2009, 01:58 PM
YOU are ALWAYS THOUGHT ABOUT KATHY!!!!! YOU are in my HEART! I HOPE things straighten out SOON for you my FRIEND! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:cute:

KATROACH1972
11-02-2009, 02:01 PM
YOU are ALWAYS THOUGHT ABOUT KATHY!!!!! YOU are in my HEART! I HOPE things straighten out SOON for you my FRIEND! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:cute: Thanku! Luv ya! sweetie!:cute:

lucky7
11-02-2009, 02:05 PM
:barf2:KISSES to YOU KATHY!!!!

KATROACH1972
11-02-2009, 02:07 PM
:barf2:KISSES to YOU KATHY!!!!
first and only kiss ive had in forever! haha monkey or not!

lucky7
11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Boy do i HEAR YOU on THAT ONE! UGH huh! LOL:laugh:

SandyR
11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Kathy!

How are you? How's the treatment going?

Sandy

KATROACH1972
11-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I am actually okay today! believe it or not! kinda excited about! thanks sweetie for asking! I hope your well! hugs Kathy
Hi Kathy!

How are you? How's the treatment going?

Sandy

KATROACH1972
02-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Just got back from Rhuem. He said i still have protein in urine, and my vitamin D levels are very low.. 16? I have a appointment with nephro still to see if i need kidney biopsy end of march. I was prescribed 50000 iu calcium every week. Also he said i do have raynauds, and Sjogrens. Hugs to every one luv Kathy

lucky7
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
AWWWW, PLEASE do what YOU HAVE to do and NEED to do to get better Sexy Cherokee MAMA!!!!! You will get through this and we are here to HELP YOU do so!!!!! YOU WILL PREVAIL!!!! SENDING YOU HUGS and LOVE!!! :heart::headbang::hug::barf2: