PDA

View Full Version : Nocturnal Urination

BonusMom
04-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I normally sleep through the night (with my buddy Vick's help). Last night I was awakened FOUR times (in 5 hours) with a full bladder.

I have no pain or fever. I've had many, many UTI's in the past and this is nothing like a UTI.

Sunday evening I had some mid back pain and thought it might be kidney related, but remembered using some long lost muscles playing the Wii with the kids the day before and chalked it up to that.

I really don't want to call the GP since I'm not in any pain. Anybody else have this symptom suddenly develop?

froggal
04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
That is actually how my lupus was discovered. It started with what I thought was just an overactive bladder. I later developed a serious kidney infection that had started to spread elsewhere (pilonephritis) after spending 2 1/2 months in the hospital, 2 bladder surgeries, (and missing most of the summer at the lake) they started to piece together other symptoms (lupus was far off of what they thought was wrong) and that is when they figured it out.

brandichi
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Yep, sounds all too familiar! I haven't slept all through the night in ages, but sometimes I just wake up once and other nights I'm up four times, sometimes even more. I assumed it was due to Sjogren's, because I have to drink so much during the day, but sounds like it's another of lupus' surprises! :hissyfit:

mountaindreamer
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
sounds familiar here too. sometimes i go all night without being disburbed, then i can go weeks of getting up all through the night.

oh, ain't it fun.

wrightrs
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Sounds familiar to me also.:yes: I've had bladder problems since before I new I had lupus. :wacko: I get kidney infections also. Lower back pain and pelvic pain, Get up at night.:no: I tried different meds, they they make my lupus fog worse.:hissyfit:

tasha
04-09-2009, 11:43 PM
this happened to me CONSTANTLY when i used to take half my prednisone dose in the morning and half at night. i brought up to my doctor that i was waking up to pee several times every night, and she said that if i take the entire dose in the morning, it should improve. so that's what i did, and sure enough, i don't have this problem anymore.

Angel Oliver
04-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Oh yes......i sometimes think maybe i need to design a bed with a hole in it....i can wee up to 15 times a night.I can go, get in bed then want to go again. Not every night but very frequently it happens.

Angel
Full bladdered!! xxx