PDA

View Full Version : Man with Lupus

bassoo
04-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi all,

I am one of the 10 % a man with lupus. They think I have had it for about ten years, it took a total loss of all four limbs to put it togather.

It is mostly back but I have to use a cane.

What am I in for?

thanks.

Bassoo

Grime
04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Welcome Bassoo,

I'm a male new to Lupus and just want to welcome you here. Great forum for information.

If you don't mind me asking are you ex- military?

mountaindreamer
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
hi Bassoo,

so sorry that you have to be here, but so glad that you found us. it always takes a little slice of my breath when i read the stories from new members....yours is no different.

i can tell you that we have 4 guys (i think) who are active members, and their stories vary but they all have lupus in common. i know they will be honored to walk with you.

And all of us will be with you. you will find out that everyone is the same here, even if you are from Mars and if you or a loved one are ill, you are welcome here. and we will always be here.

in response to your question, what are you in for? first, i suggest that you read the "stickys" at the top of each forum category. there is a wealth of information here.

all i can tell you is that lupus is unpredictable, and affects each person in a different way. there are a lot of common symptoms but each of us is different. Sometimes i can feel fine and for no reason get slapped in the face with a flare. So, second, i suggest that you browse around some of the threads here, and you will see a lot of what we have faced. Feel free to jump into any of the posts, and ask questions or offer your own experiences. we all learn from each other.

getting in with a good dr., and finding a treatment plan that helps you feel better, are both very frustrating phases of this process, but once you get past these, you can settle into a "new" life with lupus.

welcome, hope you enjoy it here.

TobyJug
04-10-2009, 01:01 AM
welcome to the forum mate.....

Saysusie
04-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Welcom Bassoo;
As Mountaindreamer mentioned, we have several male members here and I'm sure they will all pop in to welcome you.
You've had a rough time of it with this disease. I've read that when men develop Lupus, their symptoms are usually quite serious. I am glad that you are getting better and I hope that you continue to improve.
I am especially happy that you decided to join our family :laugh:. This is a great group and I admire each and every member here!

Once Again....Welcome!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tasha
04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
welcome bassoo! i'm glad you found us! so sorry about what you've been through, and i hope you get better.

ssingh
04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Welcome!
I am male and have lupus for 12 years and we are lucky 10%.

Angel Oliver
04-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello and welcome and glad you found us, shame under these circumstances, but we are all very friendly and there are many people here with answers and help that you need.Oh and an arcade too:yes:.

gentle hugs
Agel.xxxx

bassoo
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Tasha,
Good luck in school. Thanks for your comments. I am a social worker so people think I know what to do in regard to my mental health.
So you will see

Thanks
Bassoo

Rastagirl
04-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello and Welcome Bassoo..... :wavey:

Just wanted to say Hi and I'm glad you decided to join us. Sorry you've had such a rough time with your Lupus. I hope that things will continue to improve for you as time goes along.

We are more than happy to share our knowledge and compassion...I think you'll find our group very helpful and understanding.

Glad you found us...look forward to hearing more from you.

Fondly,

Lori :heart:

ashleybaby715
04-16-2009, 04:40 AM
hi bassoo!
welcome to the forum!
you'll find that everyone on here is very helpful in every way possible!

cptnblah
04-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Hello Bassoo,

I am a 43yr old male with Lupus and a few other wonderful things. I was dx 2.5yrs ago. There are a lot of wonderful people with a vast array of knowledge. Welcome and good luck!

MicRoMediC
04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
i'm kinda new here too. just wanted to say hi. there are several people with lots of great advice and comfort. you came to the right place.

Ria0331
04-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi bassoo,

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I hope that your doctors can make u feel better. Also welcome to the family. We are all here for you and wish you the best.

rob
04-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Hello Bassoo,

I always try to welcome new people, but you somehow got past me. I'm one of your fellow ten percent group-men with Lupus. Welcome to our group, and please make yourself at home.

Rob

Larz77
04-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Hi from me too, another "proud" 10%. This group has helped me understand and cope so much. Great group. Turn to them when you need direction, an opinion or a shoulder.

Larz