PDA

View Full Version : Fairly significant change in ability breathe

NoodleMom
04-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I am having alot of difficulty breathing today. Feels like something is sitting on my chest. I do feel sorta congested and my left ear seems plugged. Like when you yawn and you get that feeling or crackling in your ear.

I have used my inhalor twice and just finished a neb treatment. Towards the end of the treatment I could take a deeper breath that b/4. B/4 I was breathing very shallow. I was getting light headed. I dont feel that much better than b/4 the treatment.

Is this something I should call my doc about?:unsure:

K

rob
04-08-2009, 07:04 AM
In my opinion, this is something you should call your Dr. about. Anytime you have a sudden change affecting something as vital as your ability to breathe, it's a reason to call the doc. It's most likely nothing serious, but better safe than sorry. And, if you're like me, you'll worry yourself into a flare over it. They can check your blood-oxygen levels quickly and easily to get an initial idea of what's going on.

Rob

lucky7
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi Kasey. I have those issues on a regular basis. YOu described exactly what i feel. Funny too that you said your left ear,its ALWAYS my left ear. I unfortunately have had a TERRIBLE GP until today, so she never took my complaints seriously about the breathing. I went to my first visit today with my new GP and Carl and i LOVE her. Shes getting numerous tests done that my other dr. didnt. Please tell your dr. Are you going to a pulmonologist at all? If not i would ask your GP for a referal for one. You NEED to have this checked and monitored. Those are sonme of the symptoms of a heartattack for a woman,we can have numerous "mini"heartattacks and not even know it. Dont put that strain on your organs, safe than sorry. Good luck! :cute:

mountaindreamer
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
hi kasey,

a flare will cause my breathing to become shallow and for me to have pressure pains in my chest. Mine kept getting worse, so i had it checked and i have atrial fibrilation....i have to get an ablation on april 28. turns out, this is not related to lupus, but i thought it was so i did not get medical attention for a while.

so, i vote for calling the dr.

NoodleMom
04-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I have an appointment on Monday. I am feeling better today. I will mention this when I see her.
I just hate calling my HubbyMan, when Im having a problem he always panics when I tell him that I dont feel well and am asking his advice. I just wish it didnt panic him so badly.
I am wondering if that feeling is related to a mini flare? Like maybe I wore myself out the day before and my body responded that way. Because today Im feeling good, I am still having some of that sitting on my chest going on and Im just sitting here typing. But it didnt happen a couple of hour ago when I carried a basket of towels up from the basement. I went up those stairs without a huff or a puff.:wacko::wideeyed::unsure::huh:

So anyway thats my news for the day.

K

lucky7
04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
WOW! No huff or puff when going up the stairs! Now thats an accomplishment! I dont ahve many of those days unforunately! Im so happy for you Kasey!!!!:yes:

Angel Oliver
04-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Yes, glad you've got an appointment.Where breathing is concerned seek immediate attention always, even if unsure.Goodluck and i so hope you breath easy today.

LOve
Angel.xxx

kukukajoo
04-10-2009, 07:43 AM
If it gets worse I would call immediately. Sometimes the first sign of a PE can be what you describe, as well as a general uneasy feeling overall. Best to be safe when it comes to that as the earlier you get treatment, the better.

When I was in nursing school clinical I had a pt who had had surgery a few days prior and was just not right. Nothing really noticeable except some anxiety and uneasyness, and very very minor change in breathing patterns which could have been chalked up to the hospitalization, bedrest and major surgery he just had, but I insisted he be checked and called his MD in. I found out later that they caught his PE very early and it was treated so quickly no damage was done. Had this not been noticed, it could have been catastrophic.