PDA

View Full Version : Announcement read all about it!!!

NoodleMom
04-07-2009, 12:10 PM
this is huge so huge!!! I am just beside myself with such amazement!!

For the first time in over seventeen months I have done it!! I have done it all by myself.

What have you done , you ask/ Well I will tell you.

I Have put together dinner for my family!!! Yes you are reading that correctly.
I Mrs. Mac NoodleMan Have cooked dinner for my family completely on my own!!!

So there you have it folks the most amazing absolutely astonishing news of the decade!

Kasey aka SuperNoodle maker of dinner.

mountaindreamer
04-07-2009, 12:53 PM
hi kasey

you have earned the queen of the day crown. congrats, share your menu with us so we can drool and enjoy dinner with you.

people just don't realize how hard a full family dinner is to pull off. my last was thanksgiving, and i can't imagine doing another for a long time, if ever. thank goodness my children are grown, so they understand.

you must be beaming with joy,,,,,congratulations, and you deserve very many gentle pats on the back....you celebrate this.

Pretti in Pink
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
i understand your excitement because that can seem like a heavy task for many of us on any given day, so go ahead and give yourself another pat on the back- that one is from me- KUDOS to you

wrightrs
04-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Thats great I hav'nt done that in years.:laugh: But I cook a lot at times and bring it places. But cooking can wear you out.:sleepy:

Rastagirl
04-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Wooooo Hooooo Kasey!!!!!!!

I am celebrating with You....for You......

:fam21: :banana: :071:

What a fantastic accomplishment....I can hear the JOY in your words! Ummmmmm.....Did you fix enough for us to stop by?

Hugs of Happiness for ya...............

Lori :heart:

NoodleMom
04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I knew ya'll would be happy for me. http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/Smileys/gcmsmilies/grouphug.gif http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/Smileys/gcmsmilies/eusa_dance.gif

I have such great friends!
Ya know I took for granted all that I was able to do b/4
Cooking dinner was such a drag. Now I rejoice at the fact that I can do it.
I made Oriental Turkey Chili. It is a crockpot meal.
I got it out of the Fix It and Forget It Cookbook.

Serves six

2C onions diced
1 small red pepper
1lb ground turkey
2T minced gingerroot
3 cloves minced
1/4C dry sherry
1/4C hoison sauce
2T chili powder
1T oil
2Tsoy sauce
1t sugar
2C whole canned tomatoes
16oz dark red kidney beans, undrained

1) Combine all ingredients in crockpot
2) Cover. Cook on low 6 hours.
3)Serve topped with chow mein noodlesor over cooked rice.

Note: if served over rice it feeds 12 people.

mountaindreamer
04-07-2009, 06:33 PM
ooooh kasey, that sounds decilious....oriental turkey chili---i have never heard of these three together. yummm

sickofbeingsick
04-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh my gosh to cook dinner! I can't remember the last time (year) that I cooked a meal. It's macncheese or frozen pizza or whatever my husband can whip up (which isn't much):laugh: I am in limbo with a diagnosis, but I am really happy for anyone who can get the energy to make something. Thats great!

AyahsClan
04-07-2009, 06:47 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

You did awesome! That is quite a fancy dish too!

May you make many more dinners in the years to come. May your crock pot runneth over with warm meals and your dinner table with warm hearts and happy smiles.

Rastagirl
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Ohhh Kasey....I absolutely love the 'Fix It and Forget It' cookbook series....especially the crockpot recipes.

Your meal sounds yummy....... :yumyum:

I'm gonna have to try that one on my family.

Isn't the crockpot a lifesaver at times? I love how easy it can make preparing a delicious meal......

Hope your family truly appreciates this dinner!

Hugs,

Lori :heart:

cherokee993
04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!! That is great!

NoodleMom
04-08-2009, 06:14 AM
My family was thrilled.
I am thrilled. I told a friend at my sons soccer practice (going to that is a whole nuther story) that I cooked dinner. My friend was so excited for me and she said that I looked better. I felt better too. A couple of the other mothers that were there looked at me a bit funny. I explained and they were happy too.

Today however not so much? Having trouble getting enuff air in. Feels like something is sitting on my chest. Used my inhalor. Gonna do it again and if that doesnt help will be doing a neb. treatment.

Isnt that the way tho? Up one day and down the next.

K

DrinkofWtr
04-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Dear Kasey,

You deserve a pat on the back for this one. I try to cook dinner once in a while, but usually my boyfriend does the cooking. He has a lot more energy than me and he is really fast in the kitchen. Yesterday, he cooked a rigatone with an italian meat sauce which was delicious. I am lucky because when I landed him, I got a good cook. My cooking varies. Sometimes it is really good and other times it is mediocre.

lucky7
04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
GO KASEY!!!!!!!:8: THAT is a BIG deal for people like us!!! I completely understand! I try to get 1 or 2 dinners cooked a week but it doesnt always happen:grumpy: Im happy you had the energy to do it!!!! Im hard on myself sometimes because i used to be the mom who cooked a beautiful meal daily, so thats been another adjustment. My husbands great though, he just brings home TV dinners alot now! I buy lunchmeat alot more these days too! A sandwhich,fresh fruit,freshveges and TA DA, dinner! :biggthumpup:

brandichi
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Kasey,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! It is the most incredible feeling in the world when we are able to finally do something lupus kept us from before. Good for you!!!!! I'm hoping for lots of healthy, strong days for you, and hope the breathing is getting better. I have those days too, when the inhaler doesn't help enough. I hate using the nebulizer, but I love how much easier my breathing is after a treatment. And that recipe looks delicious - when I use up the ton of leftovers from dinner I made a couple days ago, I'll have to try it.