PDA

View Full Version : Sores & ulcers

sarahp
04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone, I have a question.....Just wondering in anyone else gets sores and ulcers under their tongue When i say under i mean the funny bit that connects your tongue to the bottom roof of your mouth.
If i lift my tongue up, on the bit that joints it to the bottom of my mouth it has blood blisters and ulcers on it
Not sure if i have described the right place or not ??

The blood blisters have been there for months and are painless. The ulcer doesnt worry be either because ive always got one or 2 !

I was just wondering if anyone else suffers with this ?

Thank you very much:cute:

brandichi
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I get something similar that I find really strange - not quite an ulcer or sore, but dangling pieces that grow on the underside of my tongue that eventually fall off! I have no idea if it's related to lupus/Sjogren's or not, but I've learned to just accept it, be real careful not to eat anything salty or overly spicy when those things start growing, and remember that it will evenually go away for a while. No idea if this is related to your situation or not, though. Our bodies sure do strange things, though, don't they?! I hope you're able to find an answer for your sitiation. What has your dentist said? (If you asked him/her). Naturally, I never had one growing when I was due to see the dentist! :wacko:

mountaindreamer
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
hi sarahp

i get blood blister type sores at the tip of my tongue which is often irritating. also, my inner lips feel raw sometimes. i get painless raised spots on the inside of my cheeks.

the symptoms differ in many ways, but are similar in so many ways. It just really erps me when drs. tell patients that the mouth sores aren't like lupus sores....

lucky7
04-08-2009, 10:55 AM
You MIRROR what i get in my mouth Phyllis. Same exact symptoms. Those are my mouth issues,and then of course theres my throat thats almost ALWAYS swollen and inflammed.:wacko:

mountaindreamer
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
i have been suffering from this for years, but did not associate with lupus because i did not think that i actually had "sores" at least not like what i define as sores.

I envisioned these big painful, open sores, not just a rawness.