PDA

View Full Version : Naproxen

new to lupus
04-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I have been on Naproxen for 5 months, and it is now no longer working at all, the pain is incredibly painful. How long does it take for this med to take effect?

sick n tired
04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Welcome to this forum...I was diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia in October, 2007...

Oh sorry to hear that Naproxin not working...is that the only drug that your doctor has you on?

I do not take that particular drug...perhaps you can ask your doctor for a different NSAID...

I look forward to getting to know you better.....

mountaindreamer
04-06-2009, 07:59 PM
hi new to lupus,

i am alergic to NSAIDS, so don't have experience with Naproxen. However, i can't imagine that any medicaion will take longer than 5 months to work...i agree with sick n tired, check with your dr. for an alternate.

are you taking plaquenil?

froggal
04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
It works better for me than motrin, however, I do think that your body builds up a tolerance to it. Sometimes it does not work at all. I think it may depend on the level of your pain. I would most definately talk to your doctor.

Danica01
04-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I agree, talk to the doc. Our bodies can get used to drugs after a bit and at that time you may have to switch to a different one. There are so many out there and hopefully one of them will help you find some relief! Welcome and keep us posted on how you are feeling!!! Sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of a pain free day!

TobyJug
04-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey I am on Naproxen for a while and then get switched to Diclefonac for a bit when it dont work any more...
I think u become immune after a while..

But to me whatever med I take after a few weeks the functionality wear off straight away...

good luck anyway and talk to ur doc.