PDA

View Full Version : Pain Medication

froggal
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for pain relief that is non-narcotic? Sometimes at night I have to take a narcotic pain reliever, however, during the day it is just not possible and regular motrin does not always work.

sick n tired
04-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey,

Advil is one of the ones that I take or Tylenol. I rarely take Aspirin even though it is good to relieve the pain of swelling, because I have some gastro problems. I will take it if I am desparate.

mountaindreamer
04-06-2009, 07:57 PM
hi froggal,

i took tramadol for a while, and it helped with the pain during working hours. i too could not take narcotics during day, and tramadol did a decent job. it requires a drs. prescription, but it did not make me sleepy at all. I was able to work, drive, etc.

froggal
04-06-2009, 11:52 PM
thank you for the suggestions. I will call the doc and ask for the tramadol!!! Yes, narcotics during the day NOT a good thing!!! I can sleep for hours and hours when I have to take those things!!

gina
04-07-2009, 05:05 AM
good morning,
i also take tramadol and i don't get sleepy durning the day and it works the best for me with the pain.:yes:

Danica01
04-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I also take Tramadol! I have just started taking the extended relief. You only take one for the entire day. It does a pretty good job!!!!!! Good luck and let us know how you are doing!!!!!!