And here he is,,,,dont forget to feed him
http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/

rob
04-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Nice Tarantula Terry, welcome back!

Rob

TERIOD
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey Rob how are things on the right coast?

"back" is a relative term, im in here almost every day, just reading, but because of things like this http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?t=5920 and way too much anger within me I just dont write or speak to many people anymore.

a kind of "if i dont have anything nice to say then dont say it" type of thing, and that in no way is intended as an offense to anyone,,,just the way things are and I cant help it.

Im getting ready to have another round of rituxen infusions and hopefully that will change my outlook on life.

Terry

rob
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Terry,

Things are relatively well on the right coast. I know how you feel. I struggle with anger on a daily basis. Many days, I don't want to post anything because all I can come up with is caustic, and angry stuff. Like you, I have that tenet about "don't say anything bad" ingrained in me. Sometimes, the anger spills over in places where I'd rather it wouldn't. The powers at be saw fit to make me a moderator here. Kinda funny considering I would not talk to anyone, online, or in person, about Lupus for the longest time. It's a priviledge, and an honor to be able to help out here.

I thought of you the other day. The snow here is gone, and I'm getting ready for another summer flying R/C planes. I built a Hangar 9 B-25 Mitchell over the winter. It's my first twin engine ship. I crashed my Hangar 9 Mustang last fall. Tip stall on approach-I was showing off. A dumb move on my part. It actually survived, and after some repairs to the fuselage and a new crankshaft and fresh covering, it's ready to fly again. Are you still into flying R/C?

It's good to see you here. I understand if you feel like you can't jump into the conversation, or participate. Sometimes sitting back quietly and taking it all in is better. What do you think of the new site? It took some getting used to, but I really like it. The arcade can be addictive. Anyway, It's good to talk to you.

Rob

sick n tired
04-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey Teroid,
Nice tarantula...my brother had one of those for a pet when we were little and carefree....he also had an iguana.

I sometimes just read and not write...I have some cognative issues and can't even think what to say...it is nice sometimes to pretend to be able to get together and go sailing and swimming just like I am normal or like when I was a child.

I hope this next infusion will greatly help you.

Take care...Karen

TERIOD
04-12-2009, 04:38 AM
thanks for the replies, it helps a little knowing im not the only one that gets really frustrated in being sick,

sorry about the p51 rob but I cannot say landing has been perfect for me either, I would have cleared that dad gum barbed wire fence underneath it, but it had a piece of wire hanging down that just sucked the prop right in, I dont think i bent the shaft though it still runs great that and a few skin patches and it seems alright( thank god for the progress wing add ons, they sure saved the wings

off on another subject, know any thing aobut glass bedding? im re-sporterizing a us 1917

Terry

rob
04-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Hi Terry,

I know quite a bit about glass bedding. That's one of those "bread and butter" gunsmith jobs. Every sniper rifle produced in my shop was pillar bedded and free floated. Over the years I developed a fairly simple, and reliable method of bedding that does not require a whole lot of previous experience, and uses no exotic materials or special tools. I'd be happy to PM you a list of the materials needed, as well as instructions. What kind of stock are you using? The technique is a bit different for a wood stock versus a composite. Also, does your P-17 have the original barrel, or an aftermarket sporter barrel? Free floating the barrel may, or may not be practical depending on what sort of stock and barrel you are using. Free floating the barrel is nice, but not always necessary. Let me know the details and I'll get you set up with instructions. Although you can buy a bedding "kit" from a gunsmith supply house like Brownells, there are better bedding and release compounds available that can be found locally. Anyway, hope you are having a good Easter!

Rob

PS The crank in my P-51's engine was bent, and I was surprised to discover that a new crank wasn't very expensive. Got a new one from OS for around $35 and it only took about an hour to swap out. I thought about just running it with the bent shaft, but I've read horror stories about the vibration wreaking havoc on the airframe and electronics.

Oluwa
04-12-2009, 06:35 AM
He drops flies, then eats them....egads...gave me the willies.

Love,
Oluwa

Angel Oliver
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Just to say ''hi'' and ok im a chicken......i could'nt look. I just imagined it and that was enough.Bet he's lovely......but i know he'll be fury and it makes me shiver with all those legs ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Angel.xx

wrightrs
04-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I can't keep my cat away from it...

TERIOD
04-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi Terry,

I know quite a bit about glass bedding. That's one of those "bread and butter" gunsmith jobs. Every sniper rifle produced in my shop was pillar bedded and free floated. Over the years I developed a fairly simple, and reliable method of bedding that does not require a whole lot of previous experience, and uses no exotic materials or special tools. I'd be happy to PM you a list of the materials needed, as well as instructions. What kind of stock are you using? The technique is a bit different for a wood stock versus a composite. Also, does your P-17 have the original barrel, or an aftermarket sporter barrel? Free floating the barrel may, or may not be practical depending on what sort of stock and barrel you are using. Free floating the barrel is nice, but not always necessary. Let me know the details and I'll get you set up with instructions. Although you can buy a bedding "kit" from a gunsmith supply house like Brownells, there are better bedding and release compounds available that can be found locally. Anyway, hope you are having a good Easter!

Rob

PS The crank in my P-51's engine was bent, and I was surprised to discover that a new crank wasn't very expensive. Got a new one from OS for around $35 and it only took about an hour to swap out. I thought about just running it with the bent shaft, but I've read horror stories about the vibration wreaking havoc on the airframe and electronics.

i have had a chance to fly since the wreck, but with no noticeable vibs. could you notice the vibs on the ground, going through the rpms?

just using the term P-17 I can see youve dealt with the 1917 before! I have the original rifle steel including barrel and ammo vault with follower and everything will be hot blued when finished, the old stock was the over/under military that was chopped into a sporter with glass bedding in the barrel trough only, the new stock is a clairo walnut Monte Carlo from richards microfit that I have inlet and relieved for a full float, I got a little anxious this weekend because of the nice weather and finished it with tung oil

Im looking at Devcon 10110 liquid steele for a bedding compound, have you used this? if so how fast in the reaction time?

prolly ought to move to pms for this

rob
04-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Hi Terry,

I sent you a PM with some info. Let me know how I can help.

Rob