PDA

View Full Version : rheum appt

sickofbeingsick
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I can't get into see rheum until August!! I swear by then my hips and knees and chest are all going to break. I just want to know what is wrong with me so I can get the right treatment and start feeling better. I feel down.

sick n tired
04-03-2009, 08:27 PM
August????? You might need to make an appt with someine in another neighboring county or state...that is unexcepable.

So why will it take so long? That seems wrong...

sickofbeingsick
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM
My insurance dictates who I can go to, and since my GP thinks its fibromyalgia, the rheumy won't take me as a new patient until then. The worst part of this is the fatigue, and not being "there" for my children. I can take alot of pain, but this is getting really old. I am missing alot of work, can't eat, losing weight, having a hard time moving my body. And oh the brain fog!

mountaindreamer
04-04-2009, 07:24 AM
did you request to be put on a cancellation list? also, most drs. have nurse practitioners, or physicians' assistants, can you get into see one of them? i agree, august is too long to suffer as you are.

i found with fibromyalgia, no meds were given other than pain meds. so, i taught myself some management lessons: when a flare comes on, it is best to get in bed and rest...the longer i tried to fight it, the worse the flare was and it lasted longer.

some fms paients have success with Lyrica. Maybe you could get your medical dr. to call in a prescription (since he believes that you have fms) and just try it. It appears to work very well on some people, so maybe you could try it.

you might well have fms, but that does not mean that you don't also have lupus or another auto immune disease. I was diagnosed with fms in 1996 and just last year was lupus added to the diagnosis.

also, you just might try protecing yourself from the sun....just run your own test, and this will be valuable information when you get into the dr.

hope you can find some help somewhere and somehow.