PDA

View Full Version : My nose hurts...Owie

NoodleMom
04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
The inside of my nostrils hurt. Blowing my nose is so painful. I cant see or feel a sore or a bump it is just painful to the touch. Does this mean that a sore is about to come or what. It started on the right a few days ago and now the left hurts also. Owie.

Kasey

lucky7
04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi Kasey! I love that name by the way,that was my best friends name in 8th grade. Pretty. i just wanted to tell you that my ENT found ulcers in my nose that are sore to the touch or blow. I cant see anything but when HE went UP there (UGH) he saw them. They bleed easily if im not careful. I put an ointment he told me about up there. One part 1% cortizone to 1 part neosporin. I dont know if this is what you have but it works for the soreness and it helps them to not break open so much. I hope this helps!:fingersx:

NoodleMom
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Jeanette, I have used a cortisone cream and an antibacterial cream when I had a bad rash on my back. I will see if I can find a cortisone ointment. I was thinking applying something would feel good. The nostril isnt even dry which you'd think it was the way it feels.
Thanks for the info.

Kasey

Saysusie
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi Noodlemom;
The soreness is usually my first indication that an ulcer is on its way:skeptical:
I, too, use a combination of neosporin and cortisone. I hope that it works for you.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
You're welcome Kasey, i hope you feel better!:thumbs-up:

tasha
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
hmmm... i don't think this will be of any help but i've noticed that occasionally when i drink margaritas my nose gets really itchy.... only since the lupus started has this happened.

it goes away though when the alcohol wears off...

lucky7
04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah Tasha, im not sure if that will help but it was funny to read!:beerchug:

NoodleMom
04-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Tasha, you goof:laugh:

K:laugh: