PDA

View Full Version : Finally some good news!!!

tasha
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
i just got back from the rheumatologist and guess what! the protein levels in my urine have decreased by half which means the cellcept is working!!! i originally had 1035mg of protein in my urine 2 months ago and now it's at 513mg! i am so happy today i feel like throwing a huge party.

this also means i can taper my prednisone even more! i've been on 30mg for about a month, but now i'm going down to 20mg for 2 weeks, then 17.5mg for another 2 weeks after that until my next rheumy appointment. it will be tapered more but she wants to get more lab results in a few weeks to make sure everything is okay first and that my body is handling the taper well.

:071:

kducks
04-02-2009, 11:16 AM
That's great news Tasha..congrats! :banana:

Careful on the pred tapering so fast though. I was never able to taper very fast and stay on the lower levels for very long. You may want to talk to your rheumy about doing it slower so you don't send your body into a flare. Good luck!

gina
04-02-2009, 11:19 AM
That sounds great its nice to hear good news for a change.

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l augh::yes:

tasha
04-02-2009, 11:20 AM
i think the reason we can do it more quickly is because i've only been on prednisone for a little over 3 months now. people who have been on it for a long time definitely need to do slower tapers though. when i originally went from 40mg to 30mg a month ago i did get pretty sick after... but i think it was actually just a bad cold i caught from the rest of my family because everyone here was sick. so i'm pretty sure that wasn't even related to the prednisone taper.

i don't mind feeling a little week for a bit after tapering as long as my body adjusts :)

lucky7
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
WOO HOO Tasha!! Im happy for you!:fam21:

mountaindreamer
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
tasha what a wonderful day you have had.

this is the kind of news that keeps us going. i so hope that very soon you will be able to concentrate on your schoolwork. you will make a wonderful therapist....and i know you will have incredible compassion for your patients.

congrats, throwing you a party in my heart.

rob
04-03-2009, 04:19 AM
That's awesome news Tasha. Good news doesn't seem to be a very common occurence with Lupus, so when it does happen, it's definitely something to celebrate.

Rob

DrinkofWtr
04-03-2009, 07:55 AM
I am inviting myself to your party, Rob! I am glad you got some good news for a change.

tasha
04-03-2009, 07:59 AM
thank you for all the wonderful comments. you all are invited to my party :)

Bonita
04-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Glad to hear that you got some good news. Enjoy it. Love Bonita:cute:

mortifiedat52
04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
FABULOUS!! so what happens next? you taper off the prednisone.. what about the cellcept? do you get to taper off that one, too?