PDA

View Full Version : Christian? or hypocrite

KATROACH1972
04-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi, Just wanted to vent! I have been a Christian as long as I can remember, but I have a complaint! One of my own sisters who says she is also a christian thinks that I am going thru all of this Lupus and Brain Lesions and everything else because I must not be faithful or I must be getting punished for sin! I am sorry for her because my God does not punish u he loves u and whats even more sad she was diagnosed with ms 6 years ago but says she doesnt claim it so she doesnt get treatment for it. I havent heard from her in months, but was told this by my neice who also has Lupus! I always thought u love as Jesus does and do as he would, but I guess sometimes suposed Christians even ur own sister can be mean! Thanks for listening God bless u all and I pray we all are cured soon! Kathy

Oluwa
04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Kathy...

If that was the case wouldn't murderers, thieves have cancer and etc and newborns would be disease free....

God, our Heavenly Father will make judgments at the end of time...and His judgment will be of a spiritual nature and not a physical...

Worry not what your sister thinks, apparently she gathers her beliefs from the OT and doesn't fully understand the NT, Jesus Christ.

Love,
Oluwa

KATROACH1972
04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks Oluwa! I really appreciate it! Sometimes suposed christian are more hateful then anyone else! go figure! Hugs

Saysusie
04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I think that they are so convinced of their own beliefs, that they leave no room for the validity of any one else's beliefs. I don't know if they are so much "Mean" as they are of a "closed mind"! As such, they can say some very hurtful, unforgiving things!
I agree, totally, with Oluwa about punishment. If you look at it in those terms, then their beliefs do appear to have limited plausibility!
We live in an imperfect world, our environment is degrading, and our well being is on a precipice (at best). As such, we fall victim to nature, the environment and the fallibility of our fragile bodies. However, it is our soul that is precious and that is loved! If our bodies are weakened or diseases, this is not a punishment from God...at least not the God that I love and who loves me!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

KATROACH1972
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
All I can say is AMEN! HUGS
I think that they are so convinced of their own beliefs, that they leave no room for the validity of any one else's beliefs. I don't know if they are so much "Mean" as they are of a "closed mind"! As such, they can say some very hurtful, unforgiving things!
I agree, totally, with Oluwa about punishment. If you look at it in those terms, then their beliefs do appear to have limited plausibility!
We live in an imperfect world, our environment is degrading, and our well being is on a precipice (at best). As such, we fall victim to nature, the environment and the fallibility of our fragile bodies. However, it is our soul that is precious and that is loved! If our bodies are weakened or diseases, this is not a punishment from God...at least not the God that I love and who loves me!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

ewillies
04-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Look nobody knows what God wants. It is not anybody's fault for wither MS or Lupus. Stay positive, take your meds and live. My wife has had it now for 16 years.

gina
04-02-2009, 05:11 AM
I am itlian catholic, my aunt who is 94 years old tells me since i haven't been practiceing religion in a very long time. that this is our hell and we are being tested by god on what we do with it. so if we do the best we can to live by gods words we will have a place next to him. he is not punishing anyone. i do belive that much and in fate the rest i will know when i pass. i live the best that i can and treat others with respect and follow the ten com. so the rest of this life is a test and we just move on she also said god doesn't give us anything he think we handle. so keep up whatever your faith is.:laugh:

KATROACH1972
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks friends! I agree 100% Hugs

Oluwa
04-02-2009, 09:41 AM
When we hear things we know aren't true about us or that doesn't coincide with our beliefs, morals and faith... ignore their words and/or disassociate yourself from them....

Lupus loves stress. It feeds off of it to make it grow...I've always said..Lupus is it's own entity and we can do or avoid things affecting its survival, by lessening it's symptoms. Destressing our lives is one of them.

Keep IT small and starving...

Be well...hugs and love,
Oluwa

KATROACH1972
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
True Oluwa! Very true! Now my older brother is texting me scriptures about sickness and turning back to God! Silly thing is they don't know how my spiritual life is! lol Owell Thanks for your reply! hugs Kathy

Oluwa
04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi Kathy...

Read the scriptures your brother texts with the understanding of what God intended and not the intentions of why you brother has sent them....enjoy them.

TGIF, with a smile...it is beautiful day in the south..
Love,
Oluwa

RedHairAngel
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I just wanted to add my two cents in here - Maybe your sister goes to a church which preaches sin brings sickness and diseases. And because your neice and her both have a dx of incurable diseases that the only way for her to deal with it is to deny she or her niece has these illnesses to save face at her Church and that she is feeling quilt and shame because of her beliefs. This is just her way of dealing or in this case not dealing with her own issues and as long as you stay in the truth Than God is a God of Love not punishment, and that yes by His stripes we are healed but that may not be here on Earth we may not be healed till we get to Heaven where there will be no more Tears, Fears or Pain! God Bless you and remember your sister is lost and confused and being torn by her own beliefs now is not the time to be mean and hurtful back but loving and forgiving even if you feel like socking it to her. Yes it is very unChristian like but we are to love those who hurt us! ------------>>>>>>>> This is a lot for me too as I too have heard this from my sister. Hugs Debbi

sick n tired
04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey Kathy,

Sis sounds like one of Job's friends...if you read in the book of Job his "friends" were just like that. At least one of them kept telling him that he must have done something for God to be punishing him.

The facts are: When sin entered into the world, death came right along with it and of course with death would come disease, illness, pain, pestilence, etc...

Not everything that happens to you is because God is angry or happen...He is there and he does give us the strength to withstand. One thing that Christ himself said was that we should not expect life to be a piece of cake...it sure wasn't for Him when he was down here...
So ask sis....if jesus's apparent poverty or his painful death was because he was sinful?

sick n tired
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh were we supposed to vote Christian or hypocrite? I would add one more...judgmental...The Bible says for us not to Judge one another unless we want to be judged, also .

KATROACH1972
04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks for yahs input. I am not mean back, I finally talked to her today. We had to agree to disagree, but doesnt mean she right and doesnt mean i am either. We said I love yous and cried together! What I meant was I a christian or hypocrite by feeling the way I did. I am glad every1 has wrote to my post. Its been a blessing. Hugs love Kathy

sick n tired
04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh now I understand...my vote is Christian.

AyahsClan
04-19-2009, 02:40 PM
::Gentle hugs to all::

Unfortunately some Christians follow people before Jesus. Jesus never said follow me and I promise you a rose garden without thorns, to the contrary He said "pick up your cross and follow me."

He made it clear that sin had no cause in chronic illness. Jesus answered this question; John 9: 1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus

He goes on to explain there is a purpose in everything, we may not always see it, that's where faith and trust lives.

Since a genetic link has been found to lupus, there is no difference between being born with damaged eyes or being born with a damaged immune system.

Love to My Fellow Pilgrims,

dsunshine
04-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Hello Kathy!
I read what you wrote and what your sister said to you and I took it personal and my reply is "NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME/YOU SHALL PROSPER!"
I don't know what the reasoning was/is to say such a mean and hurtful thing as I think that we, those who have Lupus, already live in a dark place sometimes with depression and this disease. I know you don't believe you or anyone is being punished and therefore this is the reason we have Lupus. The truth is we have no answers and no matter how good or bad sinful or sinfree we have been we don't deserve to have Lupus or any disease. I could name the longest list of people who are considered evil who are disease free...Charles Manson for one.
I believe I am better and bigger than Lupus and so is my God! I believe in mind over matter and that God helps those who help themselves. I am glad you and your sister made up but when people tell you things direct or not mean or heartfelt that you disagree with it is okay to be hurt and heartbroken....BUT know you are beautiful and you beat Lupus! You beat negativity! You beat Hate! You are a VICTOR and not a VICTUM!
I walk around everyday and I say it out loud and in my head conscious and not and I procliam and believe "NO WEAPON FORMED ME AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER" BY THE STRIPES I AM HEALED"

KATROACH1972
04-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Thank you both! Since I last wrote. My sister and I have had a blow up and cry fest, and now she is texting me and calling to check on me, and has told me she knows its not because of sin that i am sick! So even though it was painful for a while it has been alot better! God bless and hugs Kathy:yes:

AyahsClan
04-20-2009, 11:50 AM
That is wonderful! Ya know, I think chronic illness sometimes scares people; family, friends and strangers. I think they are afraid that it could be them, afraid they don't know what to say. Afraid they don't have the answers or afraid they can't fix us so they say and do things that hurt us sometimes without them really meaning to.

and a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you! My Internet has been on the fritz.

KATROACH1972
04-20-2009, 12:31 PM
The thing is , she has been diagnosed with MS a few years back, but does not claim it. Thanks my birthday was good! Hugs
That is wonderful! Ya know, I think chronic illness sometimes scares people; family, friends and strangers. I think they are afraid that it could be them, afraid they don't know what to say. Afraid they don't have the answers or afraid they can't fix us so they say and do things that hurt us sometimes without them really meaning to.

and a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you! My Internet has been on the fritz.

AyahsClan
04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
The thing is , she has been diagnosed with MS a few years back, but does not claim it. Thanks my birthday was good! Hugs

I knew a woman at church who did the same thing. She was diagnosed with lupus but did not "claim" it thus she believed she did not have it. She was shocked when I once said lupus is like my best friend, it is always there and never lets me forget it.

At another church they laid hands on her and declared she did not have lupus and was healed. I do believe in miracles, God has given me many, but my DNA is mutated and He never changes my DNA. The sad thing is as symptoms would pop up she would get very distressed.

I'm so sorry about your sister. The day may come that she too will have to face it if symptoms come on. Thank God she'll have you to reassure her it is from no fault of her own, or from lack of faith. The mind does have a lot to do with wellness we know that, but auto immune issues eventually, almost always manifest. I wish her the best.

froggal
04-21-2009, 12:50 AM
NOBODY knows why things happen. We can only live thru them and either allow them to make us stronger, or let them to bring us down. Truth be told, NOBODY knows why god does the things that he does or why he gives us the trials that he gives us except god! Your sister, is being very judgemental. That is one of the things that our father in heaven does not want us to do! You are a smart, fun, compassionate person. Dont let this get you down. Just get ready to be there for your sister when she does need support. MS is a terrible disease and she WILL need you, because unfortunately, it will not always be kind to her.

KATROACH1972
04-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Froggal, and Ayahs! you are both sweeties! Hugs Kathy