PDA

View Full Version : Could I have Lupus...

Oluwa
03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
http://couldihavelupus.gov/

A great find...check it out, send it to a friend or family member who has questions. One stop for quick info on Lupus. It is a part of the 2009 National Lupus Awareness Campaign...

Loves and hugs..
Oluwa

Rastagirl
03-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks Oluwa.....this is awesome!!

I like the 'Diary' idea...I'm going to add my story to the bunch.

Lori :heart:

sick n tired
03-31-2009, 10:27 PM
That is neat, Oluwa..I am going to save it and go over it again..

rob
04-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Oluwa, I said this once already today, but I'm going to say it again-You are Awesome. Thank you for this!

Rob

Oluwa
04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Thank you and you're all welcome...

Yep, do add your story to the diary..I haven't yet, but I do have a page reserved...It will be on page 12.

Rob, though it says a diary of women...I would write yours too. The ad is to create awareness amongst those who it affects the most...it reads...The new PSA campaign primarily aims to reach minority women of childbearing age (18 to 44), who are at greatest risk for lupus. The objective is to help these women understand the disease and its effects and help them identify early warning signs so they can ask their doctor for a medical evaluation.

Loves, hugs and all that good gunk...Me.

BonusMom
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Great site, Oluwa! Thanks for sharing this (and all of your knowledge and wisdom) with us.

ssingh
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
wonderful find!
thanks

Saysusie
04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
That's great Oluwa, as usual, you are always spot on for us!:yes:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
04-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Oluwa,

Thanks this is so useful. I found myself reading it and saying to myself, i have all these symptoms, yet the bloods came back ok. After todays fiasco in 'the machine' lol i have decided im going to sort myself with all the medical professionals when i get back. How? Im not sure. But they have all let me down and i carnt stand the waiting any longer.

Angel.xxx

rob
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Thank you and you're all welcome...

Yep, do add your story to the diary..I haven't yet, but I do have a page reserved...It will be on page 12.

Rob, though it says a diary of women...I would write yours too. The ad is to create awareness amongst those who it affects the most...it reads...The new PSA campaign primarily aims to reach minority women of childbearing age (18 to 44), who are at greatest risk for lupus. The objective is to help these women understand the disease and its effects and help them identify early warning signs so they can ask their doctor for a medical evaluation.

Loves, hugs and all that good gunk...Me.

I didn't even notice the cover where it said "A Diary of Women", I just dove in and started reading. I suddenly feel like I accidentally walked into the ladies restroom or something. Oh well, I saw names like Will, Tom, and Anthony in there, so I guess I won't be the only guy!

Rastagirl
04-01-2009, 07:45 PM
:) :)

You made me laugh Rob.....

I noticed that on the cover right away....and thought it should probably read:

"A Diary of Women...and a few really great Men"...

I definitely think your story deserves its rightful place among all the stories of Courage and Hope...I know it's been an inspiration to me. You are one tough fighter and I know that will be inspiring to other men (and women) that read it.

Who knows, it might even make them change the Diary cover on the site...

Lori :heart:

wrightrs
04-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I got a letter from Lupus Piedmont about this. I signed up. I realy like it.:laugh:

TobyJug
04-10-2009, 01:12 AM
great site thanks.....

ashleybaby715
04-21-2009, 04:37 AM
too funny! :)

i didn't even notice the cover where it said "a diary of women", i just dove in and started reading. I suddenly feel like i accidentally walked into the ladies restroom or something. Oh well, i saw names like will, tom, and anthony in there, so i guess i won't be the only guy!

TobyJug
04-22-2009, 02:48 AM
yeh Rob I only just read the cover now...
REAL WOMAN, REAL STORIES, REAL HOPE..

I guess that even people with a site like that still find us to rare altho we make up 10%

like u say a bit like walking into a woman's restroom, maybe we should add our story and picture, see if we can make it to the front page....

wrightrs
04-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Rob, Funny I never thought about it when I posted there. Only made 3 or 4 post there. I'm to busy with here and twitter.

RedHairAngel
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
leave it to the men not to read before jumping in ! ----