PDA

View Full Version : Learn My way around

wrightrs
03-30-2009, 12:18 PM
I read the info. about taking care of yourself. Very good info.:cool3:

I'm still trying to learn my way around the site.:unsure: Still feel like I don't know what to do. I'm new to using computers also.:computer2: I don't know what a lot of things mean!! :newbie:

Rastagirl
03-30-2009, 12:31 PM
That's okay, Wrightrs...it's taken all of us awhile to figure it out.

If you don't know what something means, or how to use it, just ask....there always seems to be someone that will lend a hand. We're more than happy to help the newbies.

I see you've figured out the smilies...and which forums to post in. That's a great start.

Have you checked out everything on the blue bar at the top of the page? The one with 'User CP' ... 'Blogs' ... 'FAQ' ... 'Community'... 'Calendar' ...

That's a good place to explore and learn. Don't be afraid to click and see what happens.

Hope you have fun...... :lmao:

Lori :cool2:

Angel Oliver
03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey no rush take your time and enjoy.

love
Angel.xxx

mountaindreamer
03-30-2009, 03:32 PM
hey wrightrs,

they don't just help newbies. old timers like me seek and get lots of help. it took me days to get back on after they made changes to the forum... i just recently found blogs. and don't even ask me how to post a photo album....mine is empty. so i want to welcome you and tell you that i am glad that you are here, now we can both ask questions.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

brandichi
03-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi wrightrs, and welcome! I'm new here too, and still trying to figure everything out. Unfortunately (well, maybe) I keep getting sidetracked by the arcade and don't post on the board as much as I should. But this is a wonderful place with caring people, and I've learned a lot and had a great time already. Give yourself time to explore a while, it will fall into place eventually. At leat that's what I'm hoping! :laugh:

maguadalupe
03-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Wright you are good it take all of us a while to learn how to work a computer. take care maria

Ria0331
03-31-2009, 03:24 PM
I also am new and yeah it takes a little getting used to but anytime you need help don't hesitate to ask. Everyone here is friendly and careing and we are all here to help eachother.

sick n tired
03-31-2009, 03:57 PM
hey you know that is what I want to do to my computer many times a day...it takes me so much time to understand a new thing on my computer.

lucky7
03-31-2009, 07:39 PM
You're alot BETTER than me Wrightrs! I still cant figure out the smilies!!! LOL Im not very computer literate myself!

mountaindreamer
03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
hi jeannette,

here is how to get to the smiles:

go to User CP - located on blue bar on left side

click on edit options under "settings and options" (on left side of screen)

scroll down to the bottom of options, the next to the last one,
click on window arrow, and choose "enhanced interface-full WYSIWD'

then click save,

when you go back to a post, you should be able to click on the more button at the bottom of the smiley faces, and the screen of all of the options should pop up.

hope this works, let me know.

lucky7
03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
WOO HOO Phyllis!!!! Im so excited!!!! You helped me to finally be one of the gang with the cool icons!!! :thumbs-up: Thank you so much! I feel like a little kid who was just given some candy!!!! :valentine2:LOL Im so happy! My daughter thinks im a goober because im so excited about using them! LOL:lame:OMg Im so LOVING this! There's so many!!!

Thanks again Phyllis!!!!!!:hug:

mountaindreamer
03-31-2009, 08:35 PM
hooooray,

i can't believe i could help with computer stuff....you would not believe how many times i had to go back and verify the directions,.

so glad you found these, have a blast....and thanks for the chocolate.,

lucky7
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
You're very welcome for the chocolate! LOL You did a GREAT job directing me,my husband just said "wow Jeannette,you know something i dont know"! LOL:nana: That says alot because he's Very computer literate!

mountaindreamer
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
men are so easily entertained.:stooges:

lucky7
03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
:smilecolros:Aren't they though! Lol

sick n tired
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Congrats Lucky...it was exciting when I learned what to do..I felt so accomplished.:excited:

As far as men...simple minds love simple pleasures:wideeyed:

rob
04-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Don't worry Wrightrs, you'll get used to how things work on a website like this, and you'll be posting like a pro in no time. I'm a Moderator here, and you can ask me any questions you need to. And, our members here are always happy to help new members get settled in as well. Don't be shy, jump into the conversation anytime you like.

Rob

Ria0331
04-01-2009, 08:50 AM
It's so nice to meet so many friendly people that are out to help and support eachother. It's hard to find people like that and I feel truly blessed that I have been able to meet and talk to so many loving people.

lucky7
04-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi Maria! Yes it is hard to find people like that! Sad huh! Im glad you're here! :wavey:

wrightrs
04-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Everybody, thanks for all the nice things you said. I'm just now finding this. It seems like ages ago when I started this thread but is was only about 3 weeks ago. The reason is at the time I didn't know how. Then only I figured out how to start a thread, but did know much about going back and reading them.

All this is so help even now!!!

I'm so touched I'm crying!!!!:cry2::crying5::rolling-crazy::cry4:

mountaindreamer
04-18-2009, 07:32 AM
hi becky,

i love your sense of humor....you bring a great quality to the group.

lucky7
04-18-2009, 11:11 AM
AWWW, Becky!!! Im glad you feel that way!! WE LOVE YOU BECKY!!!!!!:guitar:This is me singing you an "i love you" song!My brains a little bad right now or else i would pick out a specific song! LOL:laugh-floor:

wrightrs
04-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Lucky7 Phyllis, Thank you ? Both, and Lucky7 love your singing!!! It like I'm able to get around the post now!!! I was sooooooo lost!!!
:thumbs-up::raspberry1::guitar5::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Angel Oliver
04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I just popped in cause i can hear someone singing.....ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE..LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA......oH LUCKY 7 its you.....fab voice:wacko:. Wrights you enjoy the song!

wrightrs
04-19-2009, 01:16 AM
So glad I do posts better now. But my PMs still need a lot of work. So if you send a PM and you don't hear back. Say I wonder why!!!

lucky7
04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
WEll Thank You Angel! Ive been told quite the opposite about my voice! LOL Thats the perks of being online and "saying" your singing as opposed to people actually "hearing" you sing! LOL :shocked:

lucky7
04-19-2009, 11:17 AM
OOPS, forgot to say that im glad you are making your way around just fine now Wrightrs!!! :cute:

wrightrs
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks Lucky7, Still need work, but at least I can get around !!! I have my hearphones so I can hear you sing!!!

:headphones1::9::thumbs-up::raspberry1: