PDA

View Full Version : lyrica for anxiety?

ssingh
03-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Has anyone be priscribed lyrica for anxiety?

Angel Oliver
03-30-2009, 01:43 PM
No, but i was on it to help with pain and imflamation in my jaw :) They gave me some new ones for anxiety called Ucerax (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) but told me it was for the pain. Im still in pain :) I was on Amytriptaline for imflamation and i know that drug can also be used for or as an anti depressant. Bet your confused now :)

mountaindreamer
03-30-2009, 03:27 PM
hi ssingh,

i was prescribed Lyrica for fibromyalgia. i did not stay on it long, i had some reaction but i don't remember exactly what the problem was. i know i gained a lot of weight, and i just did not feel right.

there are several members who have had great success with lyrica (but as far as i know they were prescribed the med for fibro) and there are some that did not like it. i am sure that these members will be along soon to share with you.

i know that just recently there was a thread where different experiences with lyrica were discussed, you should be able to find in lauri's lounge or medications.

Oluwa
03-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi SSingh...

From my understanding of Lyrica when used for Fibromyalgia...myalgia pain is to change the way our brains receives pain, helps improves sleep....and in the end helps us with anxiety, depressions, the blahs. Remove the pain, which improves the sleep...domino effects into our emotions and mood changing for the better...happier spirit.

For me...I tried it but I didn't like the side effects ..for you, there maybe no side effects...

Hope this helps...
Love,
Oluwa

BadFlareDay
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I take 3 150 mg a day for the fibro, it has eased the pain enough so that I haven't been rushed back to the hosp. I am also bi-polar so I suffer from major depression, I don't get the euphoria feeling that some say happens with lyrica. I do suffer from severe panic attacks and will say that they may have been reduced to some degree.