PDA

View Full Version : The Stress Caught up to Me!

SandraC1983
03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Well it finally caught up to me the stress of last week ... I am getting sick. I am very frustrated, on the edge really tired and my body aches. I had been doing so well no flare nothing. Until I woke up this morning. For some reason everytime I get into a flare I get a cold my nose is running........ ROB HELP ME CATCH IT.My throat hurts, is this common ? Does this ever happen to anyone else. Or does my Lupus just single me out from everyone elses symptoms. I think my Lupus has a thing for me. LOL Also another question i don't remember if i have ever asked this. I SEEM TO FORGET ALOT. Oh my question does anyone ever get a UTI before or during a flare and pain in there kidneys. Hope someone can help me out ( which i know someone can always help here) anyway i guess thats all for now, lets see how i wake up in the morning.

Love,

Sandra

PS angel oliver thank you for the photo comments i will post new ones soon

maguadalupe
03-29-2009, 10:16 PM
hello my name is maria , those are very good question becuase it happen to me and this is the first year that i been very sick.For the pass 4 year i been good until the beginning of this year. why don't know i hope when you get the answer please pass it on i hope that you get better .......

take care
maria

SandraC1983
03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Hola Maria mucho gusto!!! ....... Im hoping to get into my Doctors office tomorrow and see whats going on . But if i cant then i guess i have to tough it out. Its nice meeting you!!!

Sandra

maguadalupe
03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
hello sandra nice to meet you too..

what time is it over there her its 12:35 am i can not sleep it happen alot i have sleeping pills but i try not to take them i have teenager(3) at home and i have to be in alert all the time ...

SandraC1983
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Its 11:30 pm I have sleeping pills too but i have a 3 yr old and a 10 yr old school tomorrow for my son but i think my mom is going to have to keep them until i feel better. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking

rob
03-30-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi Sandra,

How are you feeling today? A bit better I hope. I get a sore throat alot. Sometimes is just dry, and sometimes I get the mouth sores and it hurts from those. I lose my voice alot too. I've never had a UTI, but as my plumbing is different, I'm probably not the person to answer that question. Hope you are having a decent day. Go easy on yourself.

Rob

mountaindreamer
03-30-2009, 07:34 AM
hi sandra,

hope you were able to go to sleep. i understand about sleeping pills, i can't take them because i get such violent night mares. several people seem to take tylenol pm, benedryl, and some take melatonin which is a natural sleep aid. there is an extensive thread under "lauri's lounge" about this.

yes, runny nose, sore throat, low tolerance to stress, are all things that i go through especially when in a flare. the runny nose just drives me crazy, i now keep a tissue in my pocket because my nose just starts running with no explanation or warning.

i don't have a problem with UTI, but i know others who do. i do experience pain in the kidney area. had all of the tests, and was told that the lupus is attacking the tissue around the kidney....lupus nephritis (lupus of the kidney) is not painful, so hopefully you don't have to worry about that. i do see a nephrologist who is keeping a close watch on my kidneys because they are testing as borderline operational.

forgetfulness....ha ha ha we all take good laughs at that....i sometimes just sit in amazement at not being able to think of a word that i use all of the time.

the stress thing is what makes me hide out in my bedroom...i become very "snappy" and impatient just before going into a flare.

so sorry that this week has hit you so very hard....i am wishing a better week starting today for you.

oh yeah, and i am going to check out your pictures.....it is so nice putting a face with each member.

SandraC1983
03-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Well POO im really sick now. I was hoping it was going to just be a pass me by thing...........Sadly its not My hands hurts ....well everything hurts to be honest. So my friend is doing the typing. The Dr will not be able to see me today I have an appointment tomorrow at 9:00 so we shall see.

rob i know about the sores i get those alot. I have some right now. sucks. well im going to lay down

Thank you all

Hope you like the pics Moutain

SandraC1983
03-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Well just to let everyone know i went to the dr this morning . I have Bronchitis, ear infection and a very bad throat infection i also have a Kidney infection. Anyway just letting you guys know. See yall around

Angel Oliver
03-31-2009, 04:26 PM
OMG....you rest allot and take it easy.Sending you gentle hugs.

love
Angelxxx

lucky7
03-31-2009, 07:37 PM
I GET ALL of the symptoms you listed when i flare. My nose and throat drive me CRAZY! Im constantly blowing my nose and my throat is so sore and raw and my voice gets raspy and shaky. They took pics of my throat and its VERY inflammed and raw,i have 2 nodules they need to do some extra checking on too. UGH Sorry you feel it too,i hope you feel better. HugsXXXXXX

mountaindreamer
03-31-2009, 08:24 PM
sandra and jeannette,

so sorry to hear about all of the throat/mouth issues. I just talked to my cousin who is fighting a bout with a respiratory virus that is going around. wonder if you guys caught something like this.

anyway, so sorry, hope each of you get lots of rest tonight.

lucky7
03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Thank you Phyllis,so nice of you. Yeah, it spretty draining at times,i go back to the ent in a week to find out more.

sick n tired
03-31-2009, 10:41 PM
At my house we keep passing it around...it started with me in January and it keeps coming back...right now hubby and a son have it..It's like I am sitting here waiting to get it again.:skeptical: