PDA

View Full Version : Three Cheers for Angel Oliver!

rob
03-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Hello Everyone,

We have an outstanding member here who deserves our recognition. She is a person who despite some very tough times, and personal loss, has gone out of her way to help others here. She makes new members feel right at home, and she always has just the right words of comfort and support when we need it the most. That person, is Angel Oliver. So, everyone together-Hip Hip, Hooray!...

Thank you for all you do Angel.

Rob

adl011
03-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks Angel, you really have helped me a lot. I hope you are having a great day and continue to have great ones in the future. You are amazing!

Grime
03-28-2009, 09:20 AM
:kiss: Thank you Angel for your unconditional love and support on this forum. You are a wonderful lady. I am so glad to have gotten to know you.

Rastagirl
03-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Woooo Hoooo, Angel..... :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hip Hip Hooray for our Angel!!

This place wouldn't be the same without you...you are Heaven Sent and a Gift to each of us.... :present:

Through All our Tough Times and our Triumphs, You are ALWAYS there to walk with us, and share words to encourage and uplift our spirits.

My days are Brighter because of YOU!

HUGS to my sweet :angelic:

Fondly,

Lori :cool2:

hatlady
03-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Angel, you truly are an angel. Thank you so much for being here and for being the warm and wonderful person you are!

:thumbs-up:

lucky7
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
GO ANGEL, GO ANGEL!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!

Couldnt be MORE DESERVED!!!!

I love you Amanda!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pretti in Pink
03-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Hip Hip Hoooorayyyy! Thanks for all of your support.

Angel Oliver
03-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh wow.What a lovely thing to do. Thank you so much (she says very embarrassed and more tears).
I dont know what to write to this post as we all help each other always.But thanks so much everyone, you've all helped me more than you'll ever know.

Love you all
Angel.xxxxxxxxxx

Oluwa
03-28-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug007.gif Wheee....that is you A.O. in the air....and we at WHL below. Hippy Hooooooray. Oh, and that is my plumber's butt crack...front and center...

Come let me give you a hug...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug012.gifHugging you with great appreciation...for sharing a part of you with us. Your sweet joy, your kindness and care...

Love,
Oluwa

Angel Oliver
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Oh how funny and how nice is that. Impressive builders bum there lol :)
Thanks allot.xxxxx

Danica01
03-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Oh my Angel love! You were one of my first friends on here and we have been through some tough times together! You are truly a blessing and my life is better because you are in it!!!! Hip hip hooooooooooooooorayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:-)

mountaindreamer
03-29-2009, 09:14 AM
a big hip hip hooray to you my friend angel.

you truly are an angel, and i feel very fortunate to include you in my circle of friends. see, daisy is working her miracles. happiness to you.

Angel Oliver
03-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh thanks so much....yes a nice thought about Daisy. Thanks so much. You all mean so much to me.

love
Angel.xxxx

cherokee993
03-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I agree, Angel is a wonderful caring soul! I love this place!

DrinkofWtr
03-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Angel, thanks for always being there for me. I always look forward to your messages. You are an inspiration to me.

BonusMom
03-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Hip Hip Hooray!

I definitely second (twelfth) the kudos, dear Angel. You have been such a warm and welcoming person on the forum. We're so lucky to have you amongst us!

brandichi
03-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Yay Angel!! I've only been here a short time, but already Angel has become a good friend of mine. She is an amazing person with strength and compassion and a heart full of love. You're an inspiration and a true angel! :cute:

ashleybaby715
03-31-2009, 05:01 AM
thankyou sooo much for everything you've done angel!!!
you truley have helped me out alot, and kept my spirts up!!!!! :laugh:

gina
03-31-2009, 06:33 AM
:yes:Thanks Angel for being there for me also, you have been a great listener. xoxo

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-31-2009, 07:14 AM
woohoooo what a great post good i dea rob angel you are marvolous thanks for all you have done and will do xxx mwah xxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
03-31-2009, 07:59 AM
yea cool wd

Angel Oliver
03-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Ah thanks so much.You all are there for me too and always keep my spirits up.So thanks everyone for being so kind.

love and hugs
Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saysusie
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Angel has certainly been a constant source of support and caring for all of us, even through some of her darkest moments!
BIG SHOUT OUT TO ANGEL!!

And here is a big shout out to EVERYONE who has become a member of our family! The constant theme that I read in new member's post is that they are so happy to find a forum filled with so many kind, caring, supportive and accepting people! It is all of you who set us apart from all other support forums!

SO, HERE'S TO OUR LUPUS FAMILY :fam21:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Rastagirl
04-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Okay, I've got to start this thread back up again.

Has anyone been to Angel's Profile Page lately? Have you noticed that Angel has 47 Friends! Yes, 47! It goes on and on for 5 pages. Our sweet Angel doen't let anyone get by, new members and veterans...she offers 'Friend' invites to everyone. She doesn't just appear first, and welcome everybody with open arms and love and compassion in her posts, but she follows up and asks them to be her friend.

That shows me that she is a True Angel walking the face of the Earth. Her and I talked once about how lonely it is when nobody wants to be your friend or reach out to you...so I know that with her heart of gold, she does not want one single person to feel they are without a friend.

So, here's what I suggest we do.....Most of us know Angel had a really rough time, yet again, with her last doctor visit and MRI, right before she took off for a few days....so I thought I'd activate this thread again and ask everyone to leave her another round of messages for when she gets back. I want her to feel double the Love she got last time. Let's shower her with our Love and make her laugh and enjoy. And for anyone reading this that somehow isn't on Angel's 'Friend' list, please go to your Profile Page and put in a request for Angel to be your friend. I know she will Love it!

I hope I'm not asking too much...just a whole lot of Love for our Angel.

I'll be happy to get us started..............

ANGEL...I AM HAVING A PARTY IN YOUR HONOR AND EVERYONE IS INVITED RIGHT HERE...............

I'M PUTTING IN YOUR FAVORITE TAPE OF THE BACKSTREET BOYS

:musik05: THERE...MUSIC'S PLAYIN' .....

HERE ARE SOME PARTY FAVORS........:fest42: ........

AND NOW WE NEED SOME OF DAVID'S CHOCOLATE DESSERT..... :yumyum: AND, YES YOU'RE ALLOWED TO LICK THE SCREEN, ANGEL!

I SAID IT TO YOU ONCE, ANGEL, AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE............

"IF LIFE IS A PARTY, THEN YOU ARE THE SPARKLE IN THE MIRRORBALL AND THE RUM IN THE PUNCH..."

:You_Rock_Emoticon: GIRL!!

LOVE YOU,

Lori A.K.A. Rastagirl

mountaindreamer
04-04-2009, 08:19 AM
HOORAY FOR ANGEL,

we get to celebrate you again......

green is for growth....you have helped me learn so much over the last few months.:biggthumpup:

red is for love.....your love for all people and all animals is demonstrated by all of your posts, :wub:

blue is for the treatment you get from your drs. :hissyfit:

brown is for chocolate....sending you lots of that yum yum candy:valentine2:

purple is my favorite color and you are one of my favorite people.

rob
04-04-2009, 08:23 AM
We are patiently waiting for your return Amanda. I hope you are having a relaxing time, and enjoying your time with your significant other. This place just isn't the same without you! You are missed.

Rob

Grime
04-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Amanda,
You are a special angel.

When God made angels he also made you. Only he put you here to be our angel of hope and love.

I thank God for bring his special angel into my life.

With love,
David

Angel Oliver
04-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Oh wow ....thanks for being so lovely to me and ive missed you all.Thought of you all everyday sending out good vibes. I had a good time away, feel a little more refuelled in my head ahhhhhhhhhh. Thanks Lori, Rob,Mountaindreamer, Grime...all of you, so lovely.xxxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
04-10-2009, 07:08 AM
hi angel,

so glad you are back, and i hope that you have had a wonderful trip.

Rastagirl
04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Oh, what joy! Woke up, felt something was different.....and saw our Angel was back.

You brought an instant smile to my face...and happy to my :heart:

I am so glad you had a lovely time...I can tell it did wonders to bring your spirits up and give you a time away from the day to day routine.

What good fun...dinner with new friends, fresh air, breakfast in bed each day, shopping for perfume and chocolate and jewels.....and what a sweetie John is to take such good care of you.

I am very happy for you......and happy, too, that you found your way to back to us....

Take care, and enjoy your Friday!

Love,

Lori :heart:

Angel Oliver
04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh thanks Lori for being so kind.Hope you have a lovely day today.I saw your photos, they are fab.I commented on a few of them too.

Love
Amanda.xxx

P.S That table is so fab, looks lovely and so posh! The food on it my word....so delish!

lucky7
04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Missed you so much Angel and Mountaindreamer, what a cute post about the colors! I loved it and its Oh So True!!!!! :cute:

Angel Oliver
04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks so much.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lucky7
04-15-2009, 11:44 AM
You make it all easy to say Angel!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Linda From Australia
09-10-2010, 05:24 AM
I just found this old thread, and also want to thank you Angel for your compassion and kindness you have shown me. You are a wonderful person!

SandyR
09-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Great thread! And every word of it still true. Thank you Angel for being an angel to me and so many others. (((HUGS)))

Bonita
09-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks from me too. You always know what to say to make others feel good. Bonita

Nonna
09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm so glad you found this thread. Angel you are the best. I have been on the receiving end of your goodness and I'm grateful.
Bless you and yours.

Nonna

Angel Oliver
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
OMG.....thanks so much everyone..wow so kind but always remember what you do for me every day...thank you all.
love n gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxx

Angel Oliver
09-12-2010, 03:22 PM
P.s...UPDATE:-

Had a scan on my brain so should get the results soon.Also took an advocate with me to my rheumi appointment..OMG what a difference.He wasnt sure who she was,so he acted so interested in me for a change lol.She was laughing and joking with him.Guess what ? I was tested again for Lupus and also she got him to send me to a sleep clinic,after ten years of insomnia he finally is sending me to sort me out.Dont know when but i'll keep you updated.Wish i always had someone with me at appointments,i was amased at the difference how he treated me.Ive been rough lately with no sleep,noisey neighbours and total stress so have gone away for a few days for a bit of peace yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lol.:)Also i am being sent for laser treatment on my jaw in November so hopefully the jaw throb may ease for christmas too.xxxx

Nonna
09-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Angel here's a gentle loving hugs sent back to you

SandyR
09-13-2010, 07:10 AM
P.s...UPDATE:-

Had a scan on my brain so should get the results soon.Also took an advocate with me to my rheumi appointment..OMG what a difference.He wasnt sure who she was,so he acted so interested in me for a change lol.She was laughing and joking with him.Guess what ? I was tested again for Lupus and also she got him to send me to a sleep clinic,after ten years of insomnia he finally is sending me to sort me out.Dont know when but i'll keep you updated.Wish i always had someone with me at appointments,i was amased at the difference how he treated me.Ive been rough lately with no sleep,noisey neighbours and total stress so have gone away for a few days for a bit of peace yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lol.:)Also i am being sent for laser treatment on my jaw in November so hopefully the jaw throb may ease for christmas too.xxxx

This is wonderful news! Three cheers for progress! I think it's terrible that Dr only began to listen to you and treat you well after bringing an advocate. Perhaps he thought it was a lawyer! LOL. Either way, I am glad to see him taking action for once. :)

Saysusie
09-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Angel;
I know I've said this before, but I am sooooo happy that you have an advocate with you now and that your doctor is responding to your advocate and taking action on your symptoms. It is about time that he take you seriously, I just wish that he had given you the same professional courtesy. But, I guess we do whatever it takes!!
I hope you enjoyed your few days away and was able to get some rest, some peace and some quiet!! BTW..I LOVE your new avatar. You look beautiful :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
09-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks so much Carlotta & Sandy.I know i think he thought she was somebody in power lol.She is an ex policewoman so it came across that she was very confident and not afraid to say anything.Lets see now how i get on.Was funny seeing his face like 'who is she' (like in big brother if you watch it).Thanks for the comment on my photo.They were taken yesterday.I think my laptop is the problem maybe as ive been unable to upload photos until i got here at Johns.Hope you both are having a great day.Thanks again.
love n hugs
Amanda.xxxx

Linda From Australia
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Great news! Hopefully by Christmas time you will be a new woman

I always think I can handle appointments on my own because I am such a painfully independent person. But then when bad news is given to me when I don't expect it, I forget everything that is said to me. I wish that some way I can have some prior warning of bad news before I to some appointments so I can get someone to come with me.

kim,l
09-13-2010, 08:51 PM
dear angel thankyou for all the kind words and support you have given me since i joined you truly are an angel i wish you all the best kim l

Angel Oliver
09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much Kim and thank you too ,like i said you all have helped me each time i log on more than you know.Just understanding is a big boost on its own.Yes Linda i understand what your saying.In the beginning i was a tough cookie,but as the appt have been dissapointing and getting me nowhere my confidence has dwindled away.So the advocate was a huge help.Thanks everyone again n hope you are all having a good day.Im away for a few days and am having a glass of wine....woohoo get me lmao:)xxxxxx

Islablue
09-14-2010, 06:32 PM
3 cheers, I'm new here but hope to meet you and chat soon!

Angel Oliver
09-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks so much Isablue.Hope you rae findingyour way around the forum ok.Just ask us anything we'll all support you .

love
Amanda.xx