PDA

View Full Version : God never gives you more then you can handle. Really?

Silentscream
03-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Most likely I have no business posting this. In fact I have fought off posting anything for some time. choosing the, "if you don't have anything positive to say..." school of thought, Nevertheless, I cannot help but want to put a baseball bat to something and just scream.

Each and ever evening I read the new posts. The degree of suffering is always profound. Every post, a different person, suffering a different way, asking the same question.
People posting lists of tests that seem to only profit the Doctors but shed no new light on their illness. Ever single question asked is almost always replied by the words "sometimes." Never a definitive anything.
Can my symptom be lupus?
sometimes
Can this new symptom be related to my lupus?
sometimes
Could it be lupus even if my blood work says....
sometimes
The only answer that is not "sometimes" is when asked if there is a cure.

God damn it all!
This is the most evil of all illnesses I have even come across in my life.
The degree at which all of you find a way to cope and deal with the unimaginable is overwhelming.

Never ending trips to see Doctors, medical bills, one problem after another, no straight answers. Not even the dignity of death after a fight. Just this constant limbo between hope and despair, pain and reprieve. All the while everyday more and more quality of life is being robed from a group of the kindest most caring people I have ever come across in my life.

I just don't understand how others do it and I don't even have lupus, although I would trade in a second.

Is there life during lupus? No wait don't answer...sometimes.

This beast is a dream killer, there is no candy coating it. Hell most don't even know it's name.

the only thing lupus as proven for me is the question on whether or not there is a god.

I'm done.

rob
03-28-2009, 07:06 AM
You sound alot like me-angry. I don't know what's worse, this crappy disease, or Dr's and Rheumo's who could care less. I almost have more respect for Lupus, at least I know what it's motive is-it wants to kill me.

We all have our own ways, and reasons for why we cope. For me, I managed to survive some situations earlier in my life where survival was nearly impossible. I didn't get through those situations just to give up now to Lupus. This disease has taken so much from me, I'll be damned if I let it take the grand prize-my life. Not going to happen.

I understand your anger, your frustration. Your username says alot. You feel like you are screaming at the top of your lungs, but nobody is listening. I feel that way alot. Sometimes, there's just nothing positive to say, but you shouldn't let that stop you from saying what you need to.

Rob

Oluwa
03-28-2009, 08:08 AM
God or no God by Oluwa

Love, career, health, family.
Nothing here in life is definitive. God or no God.
Nothing is a road less traveled. God or no God.
No coated candy makes the life easier. God or no God.
It is life. God or no God.
Sometimes hope is all we have, sometimes. God or no God.

hatlady
03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
We hear you. Oh we hear you.

We've all been where you are. Will again be where you are. will move through it, around it, run into it like a brick wall.

Offering hugs of understanding and comfort - -

Angel Oliver
03-29-2009, 12:59 PM
You are always in my thoughts and your daughter too. Keep fighting and one day you'll begin to feel a touch better...just wait and see!!
We are all always here for you.

love
Angel.xxxx