PDA

View Full Version : Spot on brain

KATROACH1972
03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi, I have shared how I have had, neuro symtoms last few post. ER. visit last Sunday. (well now, I had MRI yesterday, they called and said was spot on my brain that was wasnt there 2years ago! Said it may be from Lupus not sure. Does anyone else know if lupus could leave spot? Also I know they were concerned with MS> I have both diseases in my immediate family. Just wondering. Thanks Kathy:unsure:

Saysusie
03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Have you suffered from migraines? If not, then the answer is cautiously yes. Lupus as well as MS can sometimes cause spots on the brain due to Central Nervous System involvement of the diseases. It could also be the result of a mini stroke (also common in Lupus).
At this point, any answers without more tests would probably scare you and we do not want to do that! Please let us know what your doctors decide to do and what they find. Best of Luck

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

KATROACH1972
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Thank you. Saysusie. I had a headache-migrane at one point for 1 and half years 24hours a day, but the Dr. just said probably stress, and did not go any further. It left mysteriously as it came! weird. lol

jleigh
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi, I have shared how I have had, neuro symtoms last few post. ER. visit last Sunday. (well now, I had MRI yesterday, they called and said was spot on my brain that was wasnt there 2years ago! Said it may be from Lupus not sure. Does anyone else know if lupus could leave spot? Also I know they were concerned with MS> I have both diseases in my immediate family. Just wondering. Thanks Kathy:unsure:

Interesting.. I had an MRI done about two months ago and I showed a small white spot on my frontal lobe-- caused my migraines (or so they think)-- how big was it and where was it located?

KATROACH1972
03-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Not exactly sure where on brain or size etc. They just called to tell me they wanted to send me to Neuro.

lucky7
03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Kathy!!!!

OMG! sorry about the spot! My neuro just showed me my brain the other day from my MRI and she said a spot is something to watch and follow up on.. If MS is in your family its definately something to stay on top of! She told me that is what they really keep an eye out for with autoimmune diseases. I hope you find out soon and please let us know how it goes. You are always in my thoughts! HUGS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi funny enough i had a mri in jan and it came up with some small black dots and they were unsure what it is said if its anything its to early to tell soo when i go back in june they will book me in for another one!! but i have also been having lots of headache/migranes do you think they could be connected??
good luck let us know how you get on xx H xx

lucky7
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
HMMMM, Im not sure Heidi cuz she did diagnose me with migrains but i didnt have any spots. She said they might appear JUST DURING a migrain. Im on meds for them but theyre not working well. She has me charting my progress w the meds and honestly its made me worse at times. UGH I go back in 2 wks. I would have them investigate further because she said she would be digging deeper w more tests if any spots were there. Good Luck!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-26-2009, 01:50 PM
thanks jeannette its bit wierd having it hanging there not knowing what it could be specially with having aps as well and uncl that had stroke in his early 40s which i understand is quite young!!
but we will wait and see!!

lucky7
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes, 40 is quite young! Its better for you to stay on top of things just for that reason alone! I hope all works out for you and its good to know that family history!

sick n tired
03-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I had an mri done about a month ago and they said I had small white spots in the cerebral sub-cortex...I as hoping it was from miagrains or something. Kathy, did they tell you where yours is? Just curious.

Angel Oliver
03-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh i am sorry to hear they found a spot on the scan. Hopefully it wont be anything to worry about.Let us know when you have the next scan how it goes.

love
Angel.xxx

mountaindreamer
03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
hi kathy,

so sorry to hear about your new harrasment. just know we are here if you need us, take care of yourself, and keep us posted.

KATROACH1972
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM
THANKS EVERYONE! you all are sweet! I wont know any details til see neuro.

KATROACH1972
03-27-2009, 12:25 PM
THANKS EVERYONE! you all are sweet! I wont know any details til see neuro.
Just found out there are two focal signal abnormalities? Dr. wanted me seen with in week, but neuro cant see me til april 23rd! go figure! My dr. said call him back if I loose bladder or bowel control, or numbness gets alot worse. Just keeping everyone in loop. God bless:wacko:

sick n tired
03-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Well...the good thing is they are taking it seriously...now the insurance people can't say there is no reason to go to the rheumba you are going to...sorry you are ill, though...

jleigh
04-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I had an mri done about a month ago and they said I had small white spots in the cerebral sub-cortex...I as hoping it was from miagrains or something. Kathy, did they tell you where yours is? Just curious.

I just put up a post today about my MRI results from about a week ago- in late January, I had one lesion-- now I have seven! One was 6.3mm, one was 4.2mm, and the other five were all smaller than that. They were located on both cerebal spheres in both frontal lobes, all of them primarily subcortical. One of the buggers, though, they suspect is in an anterior right periventricular location. Due to my age, and to the increase in the number of lesions, they are doing an LP to see if it's MS. What did your neuro/doc say about the location being in the subcortical area (i.e., cerebral sub-cortex)?

KATROACH1972
04-05-2009, 05:18 PM
I havent seen neuro yet, I gotta wait till 23rd! I am not sure what they are going to do, but with my sister having MS they may check me 4 that also. I know your probably scared, I have been, but I know it will be alright. Please let me know how your doing and what you find out.Have you had any neuro symptoms? I see my Rhuem tomorow. Have a great day! Kathy

sick n tired
04-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Kathy,

How are you feeling today....I haven't heard from you and was wondering. I am going to try texting you when it is a more decent hour...right now it is after midnight and I am not sure you or hubby would like your cell phone to go off:laugh:...I hope that you are sleeping tight and have a deep dreamless sleep...:sleepy:

Praying for you....
Karen

wrightrs
04-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry you are going though this. I really don't understand much about the neuro problems. But my Doctor keeps telling me. He's going to send me to the neuro doc. Because of symptoms. I just call lupus fog.

My thoughts and prays are with you.

Danica01
04-08-2009, 10:37 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say I am thinking of all of you! I am sure this is a scary time for you and I hope you have lots of people around you who can listen and hug you when you need it the most! I am sending you gentle hugs and lots of well wishes! I will keep you in my thoughts!

:heart:

KATROACH1972
04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks! Danica! Ditto to you! Hugs Kathy

lucky7
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks Danica!!! I think of you often and hope you are well!!!:cute:

KATROACH1972
04-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to remind yah I go for that MRI results with the( 2 lesions on the brain) on the 23rd! Keep me in your thoughts, and prayers(I know you will all be with me in spirit)! Maybe this neuro. wont be so arrogant, with God complex! lol Hugs and Love to all Kathy:cute:

mountaindreamer
04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
oh kathy,

thanks for the reminder....what time is your appointment? I will definitely be sending you angels, and keeping my fingers crossed that whatever it is can be fixed.

lucky7
04-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Fingers are crossed sweet Kathy! :thumbs-up:

KATROACH1972
04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks Phyllis and Jeanette! you are the best! My appointment is 930am. Love hugs

Ria0331
04-19-2009, 02:19 PM
wow i'm so sorry to hear about the spot on your head. I hope that it turns out to be nothing to worry about. I also know that MS is not easy to deal with so I hope that you find out that you don't have MS. Hugs and you are in my prayers and thought always.

wrightrs
04-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I will be praying for you!!!

Angel Oliver
04-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Kathy,

I'll be with you in spirit my friend stood right beside you.Whatever the news you will deal with it.We will all help you through this my friend. If the Doctor has the god complex....you have the patient complex like im now finding.Take no attitude!!! Hopefully you'll find he's nice as we all send out the good vibes for you on your appointment day.Be strong and good luck.

love
Angel.xxxxxxxx

sarahp
04-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Dear Kathy, Thinking of you on the 23rd and sending you lots of postive vibes xxx
I also have a appt that day for the results of my CT scan...not too much to worry about though as its only to see what sort of ear op i am to have:wacko:
Take care Kathy xxxxx

Angel Oliver
04-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh Sarah good luck too with your results.xxxxxxxxxxx

sarahp
04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks Amanda, its nothing really, the op is just to repair some mastoid damage and a perforated ear drum......caused by Lupus, maybe ????
Lov sarah xx

mountaindreamer
04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
hi sarah,

wishing you the best news at your dr. appointment....will the dr. do the procedure that day, or will you have to schedule for another time? Anyway, you will be in my thoughts on the 23rd also.

take care, and let us know how it goes.

KATROACH1972
04-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks again ladies! I really do appreciate each and every1 of you! Love ya hugs Kathy