PDA

View Full Version : Prayers again please.

cheryl_v
03-25-2009, 06:35 PM
My little brother(22yrs old) and his girlfriend went in early this morning for her to have their baby. Well she's had gestational diabietes since 3 months pregnant, 6 months now. Found out she has not been following the special diet and it may cause serious problems for the baby. Docs are worried he may go into insulin shock and die after birth.

Please pray he will be ok after born. They will not be able to have anymore. Just found out she has cancer of the uterus and has to have an emergency hysterectomy after the birth.

Everyone helped so much with my lil sis and her premie baby (she's 2mth and 6lb 2oz now). So asking again for help and support.

Thank You All So Much.

red246
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Cheryl,

Will keep them in my prayers! Please let us know how everything goes.

iseedeadmonkeys
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Thinking loads for you, and will do my best in my prayers as you did for us

Peace and love
xxx

Rastagirl
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I'll be praying for the three of them....Brother, Mommy, and Baby...a prayer for their health and safety and for God to be watching over them throughout.

Please let us know as soon as you know anything.....:angelic:

Fondly,

Lori

cheryl_v
03-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Thanks all. The wait is so hard, driving me crazy. His phones off and mum's not home, with him I'm sure. Everyones waiting and trying to get a hold of them. They were told it was going to be a boy. I hope my little new nephew will be ok. My little bubby was one of the last 3 kids I help my mum raise (come from a family of 10). It hurts to see them in pain, I want to take the pain from them. Of course I can't, so it just hurts watching.

I'll post as soon as I know something. Off to keep busy and try not to get upset. Thanks again, I do believe in the power of prayer.

cheryl_v
03-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Got a call, she has not had the baby yet. Her dilation is slow, so they have her resting. Keeping an eye on her sugar and keeping it under control. Said its the best they can do for the baby, to give it some chance.

I'll let you know when I know more, thanks again all.

mountaindreamer
03-26-2009, 06:43 AM
hi cheryl,

sending you and your entire family angels of strength. i know this is really hard on each of you, and i will be praying for success. babies are incredibly resilient, and i hope your little guy comes into this world screaming and healthy.

thinking of you today,

sick n tired
03-26-2009, 10:10 AM
I had two kids while being gestational diabetic...doc didn't do the test until baby 3 but said I was spilling suger in my urine on both of the first ones...none of them were ill at birth in fact their apgar and health was perfect...I hope this helps...
Oh btw...I stopped using him soon after that admission.

cheryl_v
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Thank you both for the support.

That does make me feel better knowing sick n tired, thanks for telling me.

Her water finally broke and dilation is going good. Let you know as soon as we hear how it goes.

Oluwa
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Always in my prayers you and your family are, Cheryl. Hugs...

Dear Heavenly Father.... You have known him, Cheryl's nephew since conception and I ask of You, Your blessings upon him and protect him as he enters the world you so beautifully created. Please keep the mother safe during, after and always to nuture her new son. I ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord...Amen. Thank you, Dear God.

Saysusie
03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Amen....And So It Is!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

cheryl_v
03-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Amen.

Thanks Oh, it sure helped. I so believe in the power of prayer.

Thank you all for the prayers. He was born, 7lbs 14oz and 20in long. He is OK! They are going to watch him closely for a few days and monitor his blood sugars to be safe. I'm going tomorrow to see him. Was so relieved and happy that I forgot to ask his name.

Thanks again for the support. You all kept me from going crazy. It was making me ill with worry, but happy because I just wanted to enjoy the moment and try not to worry. Relief is flooding me now.

mountaindreamer
03-27-2009, 04:32 AM
hooray cheryl,

thank goodness for the strength and power of the birth. wow, 7 lbs, 17 oz, is a nice size young man.....i am so happy for you....give him a gentle baby hug for all of us.

cheryl_v
03-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Oh I will!! Tons of hugs, the little guy gave us all a scare.

Rastagirl
03-27-2009, 05:17 PM
What a relief...I'm so happy that all is okay.

And a big Congrats to Auntie Cheryl...what a joy...you have a new nephew!! :fam21:

May he be a blessing to his Daddy and Mommy and all his family and fill your lives with much Love and Happiness!

Fondly,

Lori

Angel Oliver
03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Oh Congratulations auntie.xxxxx

cheryl_v
03-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Thanks Lori and Angel.

Danica01
03-29-2009, 12:26 AM
When I read your initial post I just gasped! What an awful things she has to face as a new mother with cancer! My heart breaks for and hope that baby and her will come out of this ok! I will keep them in my heart and thoughts over the next few months.......snuggle with for all of us and keep us posted on how baby is coming along and she is feeling! Take care of yourself and make sure you get lots of rest during this stressful time!

cheryl_v
03-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks. Going to call this afternoon and see how all are doing. Everyones asleep, adjusting. So being patient and will try again later.

mnjodette
03-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh, my, Cheryl....how hard for your brother and his girlfriend. I pray that God will protect this child and his parents, and allow them to enjoy each other as a family. My prayers for you, too, Cheryl. I know it's one more thing for you to worry about....take care.

Jody

hatlady
03-29-2009, 11:51 AM
So glad the baby is fine - and hope that Mom will do well - what a stressful pregnancy for her, knowing she'll face surgery right away.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. And my happy hugs for the new baby!

mountaindreamer
03-29-2009, 04:01 PM
hey jody,

thanks for the laugh today.....i love your signature line.

cheryl_v
03-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks Jody.

The baby and his mummy are at home now and doing good. The little guy goes in for an appointment tomorrow to recheck blood sugars. The hospital we have is not the greatest, so she's going for a second opinion. Nothing was mentioned during pregnancy, so hospital doc may have been hast on what he seen. It has happened before, them being wrong on dx someone for one thing or another.

His name is Keneth Joeseph III. I wasn't sure if bubby was going to continue the name, he can not stand his father (we have different dads'). Everyone is so happy. I can't wait to go over with my camera.

Thank You All Tons for all the prayers and support. Once again it helped so much. The power of prayer is wonderful.

Pretti in Pink
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Yes, prayer is great and I am glad all is well. Congratulations, to you and them on the lastest addition.

cheryl_v
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I need prayers again for the little guy, bubby calls him Bud. He keeps turning blue. Mainly when they lay him back, returns normal most times when sat up. He's an infant, he needs to lay back. They took him to see the doc and he said it was normal (makes me wonder about the doc, and he's my daughter's doc!). So they took him to the ER. They said unsure and they did not have the proper doc or equipment to test him. So the hospital put him in an ambulance to the next county, really good hospital there.

We are all waiting and hoping for the best. I figured I do what I know to do, pray and ask for more prayers. He's only 6 days old, I'm worried.

Thanks in advance, wouldn't know what to do without everyone here. You all are sweet and helpful, hope to return some favors soon.

Saysusie
04-01-2009, 01:46 PM
It is quite normal for the baby's bottom to be blue and to remain blue for a very long time. However, if the entire body is turning blue, that the tissues and organs of the baby's body is not receiving enough oxygen. This, in turn, is caused when much of the blood circulating through the body is “blue” (or oxygen–poor) rather than “red” (or oxygen–rich) to nourish the baby’s tissues.
Many different heart defects can cause this condition and none of them should not be taken for granted. Depending on the specific heart defect that is causing the condition, treatment could involve medications, a minimally invasive procedure called cardiac catheterization or surgery. These treatments may help to correct, but not cure, the condition.
At any rate, any doctor who says that the entire body turning blue is normal should be reprimanded.
I am keeping the little one in my prayers and hoping that this current hospital will be more diligent. I also pray that the condition is not serious and can be treated easily!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

cheryl_v
04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the prayers. He's got a room now and they are doing test on him. I have one of those annoying beep phones and normally hate having it, but today so greatful. Bubby keeps calling with tid bits here and there. Talking to him to help soothe his nerves. My younger siblings have those phones, so got one to talk with them more.

I have 2 siblings and a niece with a heart defect, a hole in the main valve to the heart. Siblings were ok with meds, but niece had 2 holes and had surgery to repair around 10mths I think. I completely fogot about that. Glad you mentioned it, soothed me some to remember. Those were scarey, but treatable conditions. Hopefully the little guy will be ok, I sure hope so.

It was his whole body turning blue. I can't believe what the doc said either. Needless to say my lil miss will be getting a new doc soon. He was highly recommended and a D.O. doc, the kind I prefer. I feel bad a little because I recommended they go to him. I guess you never know how they really are.

I'll post as I hear. I keep praying, and thanks to those who do. I so believe in the power of prayer. Its what keeps me going at times.

mountaindreamer
04-01-2009, 06:23 PM
hi cheryl,

you must be so worried about the little guy, but it sounds like he is in a good hospital, and thanfully so. it is amazing what the medical world is capable of doing.....we just have to find a way around the drs. that aren't doing a very good job of "practicing medicine".

you know we are here 24 hrs a day (someone is always awake) so please come on at any time. i will watch closely for you online...

Angel Oliver
04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh Cheryl,

I'll be praying!

Love
Angel.xxx

cheryl_v
04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Thank you.

It always seems to be something lately. I still have faith it'll be ok. I haven't even been able to see him yet. I so want too, but will have to be patient. So hard when its little ones ill or hurt, more painful.

Keeping my heart light and spirits up. I will see and hold him soon, that I pray for every day.

Rastagirl
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll keep up with the prayers for Bud, his worried Mom and Dad, and you and all your family. You guys have been through so much lately.

Be extra vigilant about your health, Cheryl, this is a ton of stress building on stress...make sure you take good care of you through all of it.

Please keep us posted....

Hugs n Prayers.....

Lori :heart:

cheryl_v
04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
You sweet Lori, thanks. I'm trying to stay on top of it, hard though. Haven't been sleeping to well with everything. If I'm worried, I could only imagine Bud's parents.

I love my bubby lots, but nick-named him "Bud"? That's going to take some getting used to saying.

Hope everyone is feeling ok and taking of yourselves too.

cheryl_v
04-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Ok, just got word. He has Narcoma(sp?) in the left lung. Bubby said it sounds like Glaucoma, but started with an "N". They have him on antibiotics and will keep him for at least 48hrs, then recheck his lungs. He says Bud's doing much better, only trace of blue/purple is his nails. Said he was actually getting a purple tint to the blue by the time he was admitted.

Hopefully this will clear and no more issues for the little guy. God Bless his parents, they are so tired. They have been up all night, his mum's catching a nap at the moment. Poor bubby had to go to work, he works construction, so no sick leave. Bills have to be paid. I picked on him and said "welcome to parenthood". We both just laughed, it felt good to laugh for us both.

Everyones prayers have been helping so much, thank you all.

cheryl_v
04-03-2009, 09:05 AM
I called for another update. There seems to be fluid in his lungs, and it seems to be his formula. Running more test on the poor guy, to see why it would drain into his lungs. I feel so bad for them and the baby. So much for new parents to handle. I keep praying for him to be well and be able to go home again.

"This little guy has had it so tough, please watch over him and make him a healthy happy baby"......... In Jesus name I pray, AMEN.

cheryl_v
04-03-2009, 11:11 PM
OK, he has pnemonia too. He also has mucus build up in lungs they had to pump out. I don't know what size container they fill, but said it filled almost 2. We were told that there was so much build up that another 2hrs and he would have died from it. They called it "kyle syndrome" is what bubby and mum swear, and doc said its usually in elderly patients only. I'm just so glad they found it, this baby is having it rough.

He's doing better since they pumped the mucus build up from his lungs. They are trying hard to find the cause, or else he can't go home. It has to be found in order to treat properly. I pray they find it soon. God Bless the little guy, he's so young.

Rastagirl
04-04-2009, 12:43 AM
I will be praying for him, what a fight he is having...

You are and all your family are in my prayers.

Hugs........

cheryl_v
04-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks Lori. He is having quite the fight. Bubby told me that doc said another 2hrs with that build up and he would have died. To think the baby's doc said turning blue was normal. He's my daughters doc too, but not anymore now.

mountaindreamer
04-04-2009, 08:04 AM
good morning cheryl,

thank goodness the little guy is in a good hospital and receiving good care. i once had a dr. diagnose my daughter with a simple cold....she almost died of asthmatic broncitis (she was 6 weeks old). after she was stabilized in the intensive care unit (they said she would have died within a couple of days), i marched myself to the first dr. and ripped him a new one.....just had to do it.

you, your family, and especially little bubby are in my prayers...thanks for keeping us posted.

cheryl_v
04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for being so sweet.

Rastagirl
04-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi Cheryl...

Just checking in to see how your newest Nephew is doing. I haven't caught up with you online lately.

Are there any new updates? Have they been successful in treating the lung condition?

I hope things are going better for all of them.

You...they...are all in my prayers.

Hugs :hug:

cheryl_v
04-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi Rastagirl. Sorry I haven't updated, so much going on at once.

He has a small hole in his tummy leaking fluids into the lungs. They are watching him closely to see if it will close on its own. If it does not show any signs, they'll do surgery and close it. They still can not find the soure for the chyle syndrome, still running test. He's not leaking as much this week from tummy, so possible the hole is finally closing up. He will be there at least 2 more weeks.

Hoping he gets to come home soon. I seen a pic of him, looks just like my bubby did as a baby. He's so cute. So healthy looking too, hard to believe he's ill.

Thanks for asking, God Bless you. Have a wonderful weekend, gentle hugs.

froggal
04-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way . . .

Rastagirl
04-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the update, Cheryl. Glad to hear he's leaking less fluid. Hopefully it will close up on its own. But, if not, and he needs the surgery, at least you know he's one tough little fighter. That's a big plus in life.

I can't wait till you get some pictures of him to post on here for us. He sounds like a sweetie. And can't wait till we finally hear he's been able to come home. And I know that will make you very happy, especially when you get to hold him and give him your love.

Be sure to let your brother and his girlfriend know that we're praying him through this.

You enjoy your weekend as well.

Hugs back....

wrightrs
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Cheryl, I am so happy that the baby is healthy. I will pray that the baby will have continued heath. And for your Brother and his girl friend while they go though this difficult time. And for your health. I will pray that your whole family will be lifted up.

cheryl_v
04-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks everyone, I'll tell them you send your prayers and love and support.

Off to the family reunion, wish me luck.

mountaindreamer
04-18-2009, 07:30 AM
ooooo a family reunion,

this can be entertaining.....hope you have a wonderful time filled with laughter.

Sending my prayers and hugs to you, bubby, the little guy and his mother.....thanks for keeping us posted.

lucky7
04-18-2009, 11:41 AM
So sorry Cheryl:no: You and your family are in my thoughts and heart. Have a fun time at the family reunion!! WOO HOO!!!