PDA

View Full Version : (Uab) Drug Study

bamagirl
03-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey,
The drug study that i am in is at Uab in Birmingham, My rhumey who is the
head of the study is also the head guru over the rheumatology dept. at Kirklin Clinic.. The name of the study is BLISS which stand for (Belimumab
International SLE Study). The drug belimumab,is a fully human monoclonal
anti-BLyS(B-Lymphocyte Stimulator) antibody..that is a mouth full..
I don't know what the drug will be called when it goes to market...but i have seen some improvement in my symtoms, like mouth ulcers are better,(don't have them as often and the joint pain is somewhat decreased, but i think i am getting a small dose, i am hoping in June, when i start on the maintance
dosage that i will get the BIG dose as the nurses call it... They did tell me that one woman on the study somewhere has gone off of ALL OF HER MEDS
execpt for the study drug...(fingers sre crossed). I'm sure your rhumey
probably knows about the study, if not i will find out if they are still excepting
patients and give you the number to call...
Sorry this was so long, but hope it helps someone...
ps: i think they are doing this in other states also.
Have a good day
Pam

sick n tired
03-26-2009, 09:27 AM
That is great for you...I guess we have to wait until it is approved for all.:yes:

Danica01
04-03-2009, 11:10 PM
That is amazing! I know we would love to go off all of our meds! Sometimes it feels like the meds make us feel worse than the disease! I may ask my doctor if they are doing any trials here in the Phoenix area. I am willing to try anything that might help! Thanks for all the info!!!!! Keep us posted on how the trial progresses and how you are feeling!!!!!! I will cross my fingers for and send you thoughts of hope and encouragement!

Hey,
The drug study that i am in is at Uab in Birmingham, My rhumey who is the
head of the study is also the head guru over the rheumatology dept. at Kirklin Clinic.. The name of the study is BLISS which stand for (Belimumab
International SLE Study). The drug belimumab,is a fully human monoclonal
anti-BLyS(B-Lymphocyte Stimulator) antibody..that is a mouth full..
I don't know what the drug will be called when it goes to market...but i have seen some improvement in my symtoms, like mouth ulcers are better,(don't have them as often and the joint pain is somewhat decreased, but i think i am getting a small dose, i am hoping in June, when i start on the maintance
dosage that i will get the BIG dose as the nurses call it... They did tell me that one woman on the study somewhere has gone off of ALL OF HER MEDS
execpt for the study drug...(fingers sre crossed). I'm sure your rhumey
probably knows about the study, if not i will find out if they are still excepting
patients and give you the number to call...
Sorry this was so long, but hope it helps someone...
ps: i think they are doing this in other states also.
Have a good day
Pam