PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Waiting For Test Results From Drs.

DrinkofWtr
03-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I am so pissed off right now. I have had to wait almost a month to get the results of my sleep tests. I had this machine that is supposed to detect sleep apnea. Furthermore, I don't even know if I used it properly or not and may have to do the tests again.

I didn't even know I had to have a follow-up appointment. No one told me anything. I thought he was going to call me with the results. Talk about poor communication. I don't have much good to say about his office staff either. Maybe I would be more empathetic I if I had ever worked in the medical field. I don't know!

Unfortunately, I can't change Drs. right now, but that is a story in itself that I can't go into right now.

debbie-b
03-24-2009, 05:21 PM
I know how hard it is to wait for results that take forever, but we all go through it, it is very frustrating. Just as bad as waiting for my first appointment at my rheumy, it took 3 months to get into his office. But luckely the bloodtest results only took 1 week.
Hang in there.

Debbie

pamjw
03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Seems to be so typical that clinics assume we all know what
to do. Just be sure to ask lots of questions until you are satisfied
and you know what to do next.
Pam

Danica01
03-25-2009, 12:43 AM
I think if there has been one lesson I have learned through being sick is patience. It seems that we are the ones always having to be patient. We have to be patient with our family members when they just don't get it. We have to be patient when we are misdiagnosed for years causing us to go from doctor to doctor. We have to be patient when it comes to answers we are waiting to hear!!!!!!!!!!! I understand and keep your head up. Hopefully you will hear something soon and let us know what you find out!!!!!! I guess we just have to be patient.......again!

mountaindreamer
03-25-2009, 05:20 AM
good morning drinkofwtr,

your post reminded me of something that we learn and practice in the job interview process. we always ask what method/procedures are to be expected for employment notification.

so, from now on, when i get tests done, i am going to ask the dr. if i should call to get results, or will the office call me. communication, open and precise....this is what i must relearn....

thanks for reminding my brain of this.

Danica01
03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Phyllis.......good idea! Have you seen the preview for the movie He Is Just Not Into You?????? If not, the two girls are in the bar and the guy gives him her card and walks away saying we will get in touch......she stops him and asks if he is going to call her or is she going to call him........it is really funny and it all reminds me of what you said!!!!!! I think I will try that with my doctor!!!