PDA

View Full Version : Lupus rash or something else?

teresaa40
03-22-2009, 08:07 AM
For about a year or probably more now, I have had a rash across my upper chest, that gets dramatically worse when I have a hot shower, but does not itch. I just see it when I get out of the shower. It's not really noticeable otherwise.

Is it lupus, maybe?

mountaindreamer
03-22-2009, 09:04 AM
hi teresa,

i have heard several people talk about a rash accross chest, and on arms. i don't have a lot of trouble with this, but my chest will get a red flare but no pain. i just have not paid attention to when it happens.

i am sure someone will be along who can answer your question,

red246
03-22-2009, 09:21 AM
teresa,
I also get a rash across my upper chest when I take a shower. It has just started so I haven't had a chance to talk to the doc about it. It stays for about an hour then fades away. I do have a slight constant rash that doesn't go away in the same area which started at the same time. My face also has started, but that is raised and kind of bumpy. Same thing though, after the shower. It also has a little bit that is constant now. Mine does not itch, just doesn't look all that pretty! Hope you get some answers!

teresaa40
03-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Sounds like it's just another lovely lupus symptom. It looks like it should itch terribly, but, doesn't.

brandichi
03-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Yep, I get that too. What's weird is the rash on my arm that started last night itches some, but the one on my chest doesn't itch at all.

gina
03-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I also would get a rash on my chest just below my breasts, and sometimes on upper stomach. it never itch and would last for days and go away and come back. right now in the past six months just one blotch. what does your rash look like little bumps, clusters, is it raised or smooth. i am just curious if its like the ones i get.:nah:

jleigh
03-26-2009, 05:54 PM
This happens to me when I get out of the shower, too, but not on my chest--mine is on my legs and feet-- and it itches.. have you tried lotions? does yours itch?

lucky7
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
I get the rash on my face alot but it doesnt itch. I get an itchy rash on my shins of all places and its bumpy and itches REALLY bad. My fingers will get the raised rash that itches as well.

gina
03-27-2009, 04:58 AM
none if my rashes itch. but i do put lotions on them and that seems to make them not as red. if that makes any sense.:wacko: