PDA

View Full Version : need sun experiences!

derlinda
05-10-2005, 10:47 AM
hello, sorry about my spelling :oops:
i know we all have diffrent reactions to the sun. i'm just trying right now to see how how sensative i am to the sun. so far dirrect sunlingt seems to make me feel flu like with all the little pains, and it brings my temp up to about 101. so now i have been covering up with long pants and long sleeve shirts, i also have been using a big hat and glasses. with all that i seem to be able to run around when the sun is up and hot. have some of you found that you can be out in the world as long as you really cover up? any feed back would help. my hope is that i can still run around town during the day as long as i'm carefull...
hope your well today!

love,
melinda

hatlady
08-12-2005, 06:52 PM
its been a long time since you posted! but I'll go ahead and answer, as I think you're on the right track. stay covered!

I do a lot outside, but always put on sunscreen (spf 50, uva/uvb), then add a long sleeved shirt that I treated with RIT Sunguard (spf 30), jeans and a BIG hat. 4" brim minimum, and make sure you can't see sunlight through it!

With all that, I do my gardening, walk, and go to farmers markets, whatever. Without that, I'd probably be sick. I do tend to stay in on warm muggy days - too hot to cove up!

Hugs, and sorry it took anyone so long to answer!

derlinda
08-13-2005, 04:55 AM
thanks hat lady, thats what i have been doing and it's working out ok...

hatlady
08-13-2005, 05:00 PM
:D 8) I'm so glad!

Better late than never, I guess.

Hugs and have a great weekend! 8)