PDA

View Full Version : having alot of central nervous system problems!

KATROACH1972
03-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I was informed by my Rhuem. That Lupus is attacking my cns now! Whats next! I can't think, can't remember, can't talk right,can't sleep, and see stuff at night, arms legs feet fall asleep constantly, depressed, mad, sad, all in the same day!!! Mooooddy!!!!!! Sorry, does anyone know about DHEA? I seen its not fda approved, but seems to help neuro, symptoms!:hissyfit: my family thinks I am nuts!, and sometimes I feel like it! :wacko:

sick n tired
03-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey Kathy,

So sorry to hear you are feeling bad right now...no, you are not nuts...perhaps the family needs to take a reality check.

I have taken DHEA...I really can't say that it realievd the symptoms because I no sooner was on it than I started into a huge flare. The doc took me off of it...because he put me on something else..I am having a thick fog time right now and I can't remember what the reasoning to take me off..sorry...at any rate I have heard that it does help...go figure...male hormones.

I hope today is a better day for you.

Faith
03-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Hi Kathy,

I am sorry you are having such a terrible time. :no:
I agree with SNT, your family needs a reality check. This disease is not easy and no one really understands until they have been through it.

I have taken DHEA, I didn't notice any difference at all. Stopped taking it; that doesn't mean it won't help you. Everyone is different nad reacts to different herbs. I hope it works for you. What tests did they do to confirm CNS Lupus? I hope your family is more patient and understanding. Sorry for the typos, fingers aren't connected with brain right now. :wacko:

Take care,

Faith

rob
03-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi Kathy,

I have all sorts of CNS problems as well. I have Lupus as well as MS. I had Methylprednisone treatments done, and it really helped with the worst of my CNS problems. Maybe you could ask you rheumo, or neurologist if they think this could help you. Mine was a low dose IV treatment given over the course of 5 days, and the side effecs were tolerable. Food for thought anyway.

Rob

KATROACH1972
03-21-2009, 09:34 AM
thanks I may try DHEA and see what happens, cant be any worse. My whole left side of my body was numb the entire night! everytime I looked around I seen stuff! I hate this crap! Rob, I have a sister with MS and another with Lupus, they did an MRI a few years ago , and said I didnt have Ms and that they didn't want to look at doing that again> So who knows. I may ask Rhuem. April 1st. They didn't test anything, just listened to my symptoms and said oh its attacking your CNS now.

ssingh
03-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Rob
how low is your dose?

KATROACH1972
03-21-2009, 11:41 AM
im sorry thought you asked me how low was my dose. whoops

mountaindreamer
03-21-2009, 11:51 AM
hi katroach

i was told about DHEA, i asked my rheumy, and she did not really recommend it. I don't remember now why, but anyway, i think you should ask the dr. about before you make any decisions.

KATROACH1972
03-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks I will ask next appt.