PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Book

also_ran
03-20-2009, 06:05 PM
hey everyone. it seems like recently i've been having a problem with how my health issues are effecting my relationships. and my stomach doctor (lovely lady..one of the few great drs) suggested a book for me "The Chronic Illness Experience"...its a pretty cool book about a bunch of people with several different diseases and they are talk about how it affects them day to day. It isn't a book about being sick and hopeless. i thought maybe some people would like it.

AyahsClan
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks! Amazon has used copies starting at $13.99. It sounds helpful. Maybe we could have a discussion about the book if anyone else is interesting in reading it.

Rastagirl
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes, I'll pick up a copy...too. I'll check at Borders this weekend. Thanks for sharing the info with us...

Lori :cool2:

BonusMom
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
I'll check it also. The guilt weighs me down...................

sick n tired
03-20-2009, 11:40 PM
yes...the guilt weighs me down, too...sometimes I feel so lazy.:grumpy:

mountaindreamer
03-21-2009, 11:29 AM
i'm game. i will find book as well, maybe we can have a cyber book club, and discussing with each other will probably help us understand and accept our situations. could be a great thing.....

thanks also_ran

hatlady
03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a great book! I'll see if I can find it as well. Thanks!

brandichi
03-21-2009, 02:17 PM
That sound really good to me too. I'll order it this week from amazon unless I find it at Border's first. I just bought a book that sounds a bit similar today called "Unexpected Blessings: Finding Hope and Healing in the Face of Illness" by Roxanne Black, who was diagnosed with SLE as a teenager. It's good so far, but I've just started it.

NoodleMom
03-22-2009, 05:06 AM
That sounds like a good book. Im going to look into seeing about getting it. Id join in the discussion here too.

K

mountaindreamer
03-22-2009, 11:23 AM
i just went to borders, and this is what i found out.

the author is Sheri Register

the book is out of print, so much order used copies

i paid 25.00 including shipping and will be april 4

so, there you go, maybe it can be found cheaper somewhere else, but i drove all the way the borders, so i took the lazy way and ordered it while ther.

look forward to reading, sharing and learning