PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday!! Happy Spring!!

Rastagirl
03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Wooooohooooo.................

It's Friday!! Doin' My 'Happy Friday' Dance... :653:

It's the First Day of Spring!! :veryhappy: Time to plant some beauty....
Time to Celebrate!! :fam21:
Sending All of You thoughts of Joy....thoughts of New Beginnings....thoughts of Love....in such abundance, they push all the pain and suffering into the far corners of your mind.

Have a Great Day!!

Lori :cool2:

AyahsClan
03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Dancin' wit da Rasta

For the frist spring ever in 10 years I have a veggie garden growing! woohooo

We are in the desert and live with hundreds of birds, wabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, kangaroo rats, and mice that have always eaten the seeds before they could grow. This year hubby fixed me a wood box that he built to hold a bale of hay in the past, put it up on blocks, and covered it with a wire top. I have radishes and romain sprouting!

yeeeaaaaaaaaaaay!

Mary Jane
03-20-2009, 12:48 PM
And it feels like a beautiful Spring day here in the Central Valley of California ... I love this weather...It's suppose to rain tomorrow, So I'm soaking it all in today.:laugh:

brandichi
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Yay, the first day of spring!!!!!! :yes: :cute: :cute: I'm really excited too - I've been waiting for this day!! This weekend I'm going to plan my garden, it's still too cold here to plant, but I'm ordering seeds, figuring out what I want to do, and I'm going to start walking. Woohoo!!! And even better, I turned 41 years old today, so that's even better!!!! :laugh: Every birthday is a victory and a reason to celebrate, more than ever! But for now, I'm excited about watching the world come alive again with new growth in spring. I'm even looking forward to mowing the lawn and weeding again. (Of course,that's just in the early morning or evening, of course, with a hat, sunblock, and long sleeves, but I don't even mind that too much anymore if it gets me outside in the fresh air again!)

May this be a time of renewal for all of us, and a time of great health!!! (Hear that lupus?! It's remission time - go away and let us enjoy the spring!!)

sick n tired
03-20-2009, 01:12 PM
:happy-birthday2:

Brandichi...I hope that planning for your garden will help this be the best birthday, ever!!!!:birthday:

It is beautiful, here, too...I wish i could be out in it more, but I can be happy that the beautiful time of the year is here!:cute::yes:

Oluwa
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy093.gifIt's Spring....woohoooo.....

Angel Oliver
03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
:party::newangel::fam21:

kducks
03-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Happy Birthday brandichi! :fest30: http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/13.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

Ironically enough today on the first day of Spring, I have been sprung from my marriage...my divorce is final today..woohoo! Going out for drinks after work with my friends for my "divorce party" lol. http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/3.gif

jenniferlynn
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
:yes: It's great here today too! My children and I planted some spring flowers together and played outdoors for a few hours! I won't let this muscle and joint pain take that away!

AyahsClan
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Yay, the first day of spring!!!!!! :yes: :cute: :cute: I'm really excited too - I've been waiting for this day!! This weekend I'm going to plan my garden, it's still too cold here to plant, but I'm ordering seeds, figuring out what I want to do, and I'm going to start walking. Woohoo!!! And even better, I turned 41 years old today, so that's even better!!!! :laugh: Every birthday is a victory and a reason to celebrate, more than ever! But for now, I'm excited about watching the world come alive again with new growth in spring. I'm even looking forward to mowing the lawn and weeding again. (Of course,that's just in the early morning or evening, of course, with a hat, sunblock, and long sleeves, but I don't even mind that too much anymore if it gets me outside in the fresh air again!)

May this be a time of renewal for all of us, and a time of great health!!! (Hear that lupus?! It's remission time - go away and let us enjoy the spring!!)

HAPPY SPECIAL SPRING BIRTHDAY!!!

We must have cake in your honor. You're gonna love the 40ies. Ya know we women peak in our 40ies.

Rastagirl
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I am so happy to see everyone's contagious excitement!!

It's so fun to read about the gardens being planned...the flowers...the sun in California (I'm jealous)....the first veggie garden in 10 years (just think Ayahs...you'll have delicious, fresh produce soon and it'll taste that much better cuz you grew it with your own hands).

And with Spring, comes a Birthday celebration for Brandichi... :fest30:
A Divorce Party for Kducks... :alcoholic:
And, yes, a few women in their 40's that are reachin' their peak...personally, I started when I turned 40 and it just keeps gettin' better with each year...:flirt:

Goodbye Winter.........Welcome Spring in all your glory!!

Lori :cool2:

mountaindreamer
03-21-2009, 11:47 AM
happy happy birthday to you (yesterday) Brandichi,

Oluwa, love the new Avatar....you absolutely picked the perfect one for yourself....it seems if you play an arcade game, you win, always...

SPRING,,,,i love it, i spent the afternoon outside sitting in the shade, but loving every minute of it. hope each of you had a great day and i hope that each of us had our first day of feeling better.

and ladies, yes the 40s are great, and it is fun being at the peak, but I really love the 50s. In the 50's, you don't care what anyone thinks about you.....you have earned your passage. I love the attitude that goes with being 50 +

hatlady
03-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Happy birthday! Happy divorce! Happy spring!

Glad to see the sun, glad to be able to work in the yard again, raking leaves away from bushes, away from the daffodils and tulips that are coming up. And the crocus and snowdrops are blooming. YES! :9:

brandichi
03-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was a great day and I do love being in my 40's. Even with the health issues, I feel more at peace, more calmer than the mad rush to try to accomplish something I felt in my 30's.

Happy divorce kducks! Here's to your new freedom and new life!! (If I knew how to put in those cool smilies, I would put a bunch of them right here for you!)

Anyone want to share gardening ideas/tips when the time comes? I love it, but I'm still experimenting and learning along the way.

Happy Spring, everyone!!!! (and I am not commenting on the snowflakes that fell here in Michigan today...if I ignore them, maybe they'll not come back again until next winter) :laugh:

NoodleMom
03-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Spring!!
It was a nice day here today on our second day of spring. We did our annual first day of spring family chore. We cleaned out the garage and organized the bikes. The boys set up the pup tent. They think they are going to sleep in it tonite. We'll see how long that lasts:cute:
I like the warmer weather coming. I am going to be vigilant in wearing my SPF shirt and hat and stay out of the sun this year as much as possible. Im also going to watch what I do so I dont go off thinking I can do anything just cuz Im feeling good. Four weeks of freedom to do what ever I want is not a good trade off for 6-8 months in bed.:no:

Happy Spring Ya'll!!