PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

TERI A.
03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
At the onset of lupus, did anyones symptoms start suddenly and if so how did it happened? I may have noticed some things, like muscle pain in various places, but thought i had a crick in my back because my dr. Said it was a muscle problem and gave me muscle relaxers, which helped when i took them as needed. The stress of falling on the ice must have triggered the mouth sores and dry mouth.

tasha
03-17-2009, 11:05 PM
my joint pain came on pretty suddenly, but it wasn't as severe in the beginning. and there wasn't anything, to the best of my knowledge, that triggered it. you can read my blog entry for a more detailed description.

ashleybaby715
03-18-2009, 04:51 AM
my symptoms were definetly random and came out of NO WHERE. i was perfectly fine one day, and the next im getting labs done at the hospital, and just laying around sleeping n what not.
thennnn next thing i know, im being admitted into the hospital! it all happened soo fast!! within like a matter of 2 weeks things went from normal to CHAOTIC!

mountaindreamer
03-18-2009, 05:02 AM
hi teri,

initially, i thought my flares were coming from nowhere. after learning more about the disease, i have been able to identify symptoms that occur before the flare. for example, i become easily agitated a couple of days before the full force flare.

However, one day i was fine, this was about 14 years ago, and then the next thing i knew, i was searching all medical information for what was going on. I went from feeling fine to feeling like i had been hit by a train. i owned a personal fitness training business, was in the gym an average of 10 hrs a day.....now i don't even go into the gym. this all happened abruptly and was quite frightening. i know this is a scary time for you, and i wish you did not have to go through this.

i have also heard that accidents, child birth, severe illness, can make the flares start....don't understand it, but seems to be the case.

good luck, hope you are getting your questions answered.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
mine seem bit diffenret ones i read so far i have always had some roblem or another since birth really admittly major ones were bit speratical but i was always some one that got every bug going always tired and soo it was more of a relevment to find out what was wrong and it was not all in my head!!!

like others said hope you find the answers your looking for!

sits_inthe_corner
03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi Teri,

I'm 49 yrs old. I've had symptoms of lupus since I was in my mid to late teens. My mother passed away when I was 27 yrs old. That's when I found out she had lupus.

I'm not sure how long before that she knew. My sister and my brother both tell me that mom was aware that she had lupus and was taking predisone.

After her death all of us were tested for lupus. Only my sister tested positive.

I've had the butterfly rash since I was 18 yrs old. Even though they told me what it was, no one ever mentioned lupus to me. My doctor just said, "We'll have to watch that."

I have dry eye, IBS and sudden fatigue. These have been present since my 30's. Still no one ever mentioned lupus.

Gosh, 3 yrs ago, I suddenly flared with arthritis through out my body. Still waiting for them to tell me what type of arthritis. Osteo? Rhuematoid? It's been suggested that it could be psoriac arthritis (which is untreatable)

During this time my doctor was sending me for blood work and discovered an old blood test from 1996 that showed positive for lupus. Since then I've had more positive plus boarder line and negative. I also developed malar rash.

Here's the short answer :)

Did it come on suddenly? Yes and no. Plus I have not been diagnosed as yet.

Hope this helps.

KHoguetuc
03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Well, as I mentioned in various other places, I have had strange symptoms all my life. I think that no one connected them to each other or to any one cause. I too am still undiagnosed and very frustrated. They have me seeing a rheumy doctor but she just keeps putting me on different pain meds, vitamin D, anti nausea, and headache meds. When I have lung infections which I get frequently, I get steroids too. One thing I have noticed over the past year is this big swollen gland on the neck right under where my ear meets my face. It always swells and becomes painful the day before or a few hours before I get other flare up symptoms. Like now for instance. The doctors have no clue why it is doing that.:no:

BonusMom
03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Swellings in the area that you describe is common in people who suffer from Sjogren's Syndrome.