PDA

View Full Version : WHL Competition

admin
03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Does anyone have an idea for a WeHaveLupus competition? Maybe it won't work here, but I thought there might be something we could do. Something fun - it could be poetry or something like that. Could be for testimonials of what people have been through. Could be an inspirational writing to help others.

Ideas? Or do you think it's a bad idea?

Rastagirl
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I love it!! I think it's a great idea...........

I like your suggestions.....give me some time to think and ponder on this one......:thinkerg:

Mmmmmm..........

Lori

mountaindreamer
03-17-2009, 05:51 AM
i also think it is a great idea....some brainstorming should produce some interesting ideas.

maybe we could comprise a dictionary that would translate our typos and spelling errors to guests of the forum. :wacko:

rob
03-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Interesting, let me mull it over a bit and see what ideas I can come up with.

Rob

Saysusie
03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Conrad;
I think it is a great idea also. Like Rob, let me think about it a bit so that I can come up with some good ideas for a competition. This will be fun:laugh:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

adl011
03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
How about a funniest story competition...something funny that happened to you relating to lupus that you just can't help but laugh at now. Just an idea. What do you guys think?

mountaindreamer
03-23-2009, 03:35 PM
just doing a little brainstorming here, but maybe my idea will trigger a better one and so forth.

i am thinking about a competition that we will all gain some advantage from by participating in. i like the idea of the creative writing, but after observing how competitive most of us are, i was thinking about an exercise competition of some sorts. We could get points for different levels of self-driven exercise. I know that i need to make myself walk more often, what about the rest of you?

start the creative brain waves, and let's try to find a competition.

Pretti in Pink
03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Great thought- I'm sure Oluwa will stop with some great ideas. I'm like others at a lost right now but wouldn't mind participating.

Silentscream
03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Poetry contest sounds interesting.
Winner could win a gallon of hope. :wacko:

Pretti in Pink
03-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Good one, I'm sure we could all use some of that

Danica01
03-25-2009, 12:45 AM
We could also do a scavenger hunt through the internet! We have a list of things and we have to search for them and to prove we have found them we have to make sure we have the web address. I am not sure how the details would go but it is just a suggestion.........thanks for the idea admin!!!!!!!!

mountaindreamer
05-20-2009, 05:29 AM
hi conrad,

i think we have found a competition for WHL....what about starting a competition for "the worst dr. and the best dr." We could submit our stories, then the winners could be chosen and we could present the winners of the worst dr. and best dr. with certificates.....

wonder if the worst dr. would get the message....probably not., but it would be fun.

iseedeadmonkeys
05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Youve found it!!

Cant beleive i missed this, although looking at the date of when it was posted i was ill....my birthday week haha,

WORST DR COMP bring it on!!

ISDM
x

MicRoMediC
05-20-2009, 06:07 PM
yeah there's a few of us that are a little behind on this post...

i think a great competition would be either poetry, as noted before, or maybe an inspirational writing of your story, the laughs, the cries, the good and the bad.

i dunno, it's a good idea though.

wrightrs
05-20-2009, 06:20 PM
I think it's a great idea. But not everybody here is talented at writing. He he !!!!

:popworm::wall::banghead::653:

mountaindreamer
05-20-2009, 06:30 PM
remember writrs, in this forum you don't have to be a talented writer in order to say what you mean.

Saysusie
05-20-2009, 07:51 PM
So. we've agreed on the competition? Worst doctors and best doctors stories??? I think that, whichever doctors win in either category, we should send them the certificate along with a brief explanation about why they won!!

Anyway..if this is the agreed upon competition, how do we get started? When is the deadline for submission of stories? Who's gonna be the judge?
I am so ready to write my story :yes:.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

froggal
05-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I am late getting in on this, but what a great idea!! I will participate in whatever we decide. (unless it is physical, but only because of the surgery from HELLO, I am still on heavy restriction) I bet this will be lots of fun!

Pearl
05-21-2009, 02:03 PM
In addition to my humiliation at not yet winning even one of the many arcade games, I now will feel compelled (due to my competitive nature) to join in on yet another friendly competition in which my fellow lupies kick my behind in everything from poetry, to creative writing, to exercise. EXERCISE???Are you kidding me????? Moving my mouse on these arcade games is about to do me in:)

Seriously, I think this is a great idea. And because I have absolutely no self-control or pride, I am sure I will jump right in, whatever competition comes my way. Be afraid...be very afraid...

Rastagirl
05-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh Pearl...you got a giggle out of me.... :)

Absolutely no self control or pride...what a combination. That must make for some great stories.

This sounds like an interesting idea....I'm wondering, would it be for Rheumatologists only, or any doctors we've seen?

Since, and I'm guessing here, there will possibly be a large number of doctors entered in this competition, how about we have a 'Runner Up' prize as well, ....maybe we could call it the 'Booby Prize'.

:lmao:

:cool2: Lori

Pretti in Pink
05-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Sounds goods, let's get it started.

lucky7
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM
YEAH, LETS get IT started!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!:thumbs-up:

mountaindreamer
05-22-2009, 01:55 AM
ok beloved administrator,

you threw out this idea, we have a topic, and now we are ready to get started.....are you still here, floating around our little cyber space world?

lucky7
05-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh Phyllis!!! That was worded so cute! YOu deserve a HUG for being so cute!!!!! HUGSXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:hug:

froggal
05-27-2009, 12:27 AM
I think we are all ready to go!! Lori, the booby prize, that is cute!

rob
05-27-2009, 07:39 AM
I know what we can do, we can have a paintball tournament-Rheumotologists versus Patients. Since most Rheumo's are incompetent morons, they can't be trusted to handle a paintball gun (probably shoot someone's eye out), so they'll just have to go without. Besides, that means more ammo for our side! Run Rheumy Run!

DrinkofWtr
05-27-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm not much of a competitor, but, with the right idea, it sounds interesting........

Angel Oliver
05-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey me too D.O.W...i'll bring 2 chairs and some chocolate...we'll watch the fun lol:)xxxxxxxxx

Delphinia981
05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Does the worst doc competition have to be a rheumy? I used to work in an ER, and I have some AMAZING doc stories that will blow your mind!

mountaindreamer
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
hi all,

guess we will have to be patient....until we can start competition, we can certainly enjoy the thoughts of paint guns and chocolate....sounds like a party to me.

Carrie, i vote that all moron drs. be included, but it sure would be fun for someone to be able to deliver a certificate for the worst dr. in person to a deserving jerk....so, if it would bring you personal satisfaction to deliver a certificate to the dr., then they should definitely be included.

rob
05-27-2009, 07:16 PM
hi all,

guess we will have to be patient....until we can start competition, we can certainly enjoy the thoughts of paint guns and chocolate....sounds like a party to me.

Carrie, i vote that all moron drs. be included, but it sure would be fun for someone to be able to deliver a certificate for the worst dr. in person to a deserving jerk....so, if it would bring you personal satisfaction to deliver a certificate to the dr., then they should definitely be included.

I'll second that! Did you know that paintballs hurt even worse if they are frozen? (don't ask me how I know this)

Delphinia981
05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh GOODIE...y'all are going to be on your fannies with some of the stories I have. It will curl your hair!! :)

mountaindreamer
05-28-2009, 06:56 AM
oooooh rob,

frozen paint balls....i knew you had some mischievousness in you, i would love to hear this story.

lucky7
05-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I LOVE IT ROB!!!!!!! Thats tthe BEST idea yet!!!!! LOL:AR15firing:

froggal
05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Rob, How do you know that? Or do I want to know? I dont know why I am surprised . . . Handcuff boy!! :laugh:

Margie26
05-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I think it is a wondeful idea!

The idea for a small inspirational piece that would be great. For example 500 words about Blessings despite of living with Lupus.

That would be great, because you focus on all the good things that happens despite of the many difficulties caused by the symptoms.:cute:

Hugs,

Margie

Angel Oliver
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Handcuff boy :) id completely forgot about that name....xxx

Saysusie
05-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Our Beloved Administrator MIA?????? Perhaps I should send him a private message or an e-mail!!!! He may be very, very busy with his Cirque de Soliel shows. I'll wait another week, then I'll try to contact him.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie