PDA

View Full Version : Just a Post to Piss Everyone Off

admin
03-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Life is rough. I missed my plane for a holiday in China so bought a ticket to Thailand for three days. Then I found out I got an inheritance check back in the states, which will come in handy when I go to Beijing in three weeks with my Mother. Or should I use it on my vacation to Bali in May?

Meanwhile I fiddle with forums while toying with ideas for writing an opera while I'm doing shows with Cirque.

Muahaha. I think this is about the best life has ever been, except I really should be playing more video games....

And I can remember four years ago when SaySuzie would take me to lunch because I didn't have any food. Life is funny.

BonusMom
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
It doesn't piss me off.................I'm absolutely thrilled for you! I wish I shared in your good fortune, but don't see it in my imminent future. Have a great time spending your gift :)

Rastagirl
03-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Doesn't piss me off.....Can I live vicariously through you, please?

I, too, am delighted for you, Conrad!!

You are quite right, life is funny. Just because we can't afford food one year, doesn't mean we won't be eatin' the whole pie the next. Just because our path at this moment is not the one we want to be on....doesn't mean we won't be at the top of Mt. Everest somewhere down the road.

Sounds like you are making wonderful memories to treasure.

Enjoy every minute!

Fondly...............Lori :heart:

sick n tired
03-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Awsome Conrad! So you are no longer the starving artist...Just an artist.. Everything has a season,

I am very happy for you, and you are taking your mom to Beijing? How very thoughtful of you. I would say that you deserve it..it is your time to shine. Congratulations..it couldn't happen to a nicer person.

TobyJug
03-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Nice one mate.......

It is always good to hear peoples success story....

Enjoy.....

sits_inthe_corner
03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Good on ya Conrad!

So many times people have things to be truely happy about but they fail to enjoy them as they should.

Years ago, when my brother landed his dream job, he called me to tell me about it. He surprised me by actually sounding depressed about it. He went all Eor about it.

I told him to stick his tail back on....how could he not be sitting there giggling with glee?

He asked me what I ment...I said look, you are going to meet, hang out with and teach all your hero's.....you should be skipping down the hall giggling like a school girl. (course that might have gotten him locked up for a few days for a psyc assessment :) )

There's more than enough gloom and doom, thanks for sharing your joy.

Life is good...when we choose to count our blessings. Hope you have a great trip with your mom.

mountaindreamer
03-17-2009, 05:36 AM
hi conrad, and congrats on celebrating your life. You obviously understand the alternate (cause saysusie had to feed you), and now you appreciate your present. Enjoy your trips, kiss your mom for us.

rob
03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Conrad,

I say live it up, and don't look back! Like you, when my career finally took off, I found myself with good news everyday. I went from starving student, to owner of my own company with all the perks in very short order. But, as General Patton once said "All glory, is fleeting". Your newfound success could last a lifetime, or end tomorrow, so you should dive in head first and enjoy every bit of it. Stories like yours don't piss me off, they inspire.

Rob

Oluwa
03-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh, I had an adverse reaction, Conrad... I got the Happy, happy, joy, joys....

From an empty fridge to Beijing....what a wonderful road it must have been to travel. More road to go....enjoy it all...

Love..hugs,
OLuwa

ssingh
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
hi Rob
What kind of company you own?

Angel Oliver
03-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh Conrad,

What happy fantastic news. How lovely you are taking your Mother away, such a kind and thoughtful son. It's nice to read someone like yourself who once had nothing is now enjoying such a happy and busy life.Because you truly understand what its like to have nothing, therefore will live life wisely. I bet i know what type of artist you'll be in Bali in May ::alcoholic:
You enjoy it. Be happy !! You deserve it.:yes:
Love
Angel.xxx

DrinkofWtr
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Dear Conrad:

A lot of us have ups and downs during our lifetimes. I am glad you in in the ups.

admin
03-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Conrad,

I say live it up, and don't look back! Like you, when my career finally took off, I found myself with good news everyday. I went from starving student, to owner of my own company with all the perks in very short order. But, as General Patton once said "All glory, is fleeting". Your newfound success could last a lifetime, or end tomorrow, so you should dive in head first and enjoy every bit of it. Stories like yours don't piss me off, they inspire.

Rob

I agree. I am VERY aware that things could change at any time, especially with the current global financial situation. And the hard times work very well to show you who your "real" friends are. I count a very small circle, Saysuzie being one.

I try to remember to be VERY nice to people when things are going well, because you need your friends when things are on the skids....

Pretti in Pink
03-18-2009, 04:01 AM
Conrad,

Just from looking at all the work you have put into this site, for a friend, and the joy, comfort, peace, love, informtion, etc. it has brought us all, outside of all the good I'm sure you do that we don't know about, it seems that you are well deserving of all the good coming you way so- BASK IN IT

Saysusie
03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Conrad;
Been away for a while and just read your post! So, you know I am thrilled to read that life is being good to you! YOU, my friend, really deserve each and every wonderful thing that comes your way and I hope that you never ever see those days when good things discontinue or even slow down.
So, how was you unplanned holiday?

So family....Conrad sez that I took him to lunch. But he NEVER let me pay! He kept saying that it was his turn to pay and, somehow with my brain fog, I could never remember whose turn it really was! I think he got me several times on that one. I had to force him to let me pay for lunch. So, as far as good friends go, Conrad is (and will always remain) one of my truest and dearest and most caring friends!

I am soooo happy for you :laugh-floor:

Always
Saysusie