PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good autoimmune doc in the S.E. WI area or Chicagoland

mama hobbit
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi!

I'm suffering from some key symptoms of lupus, and have already been diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I really need to find a good doc that can help me work through the long diagnostic process, without thinking this is all in my head. If anyone is interested in more details, I posted on the newbies introduction forum.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you all might have :cute:

sick n tired
03-14-2009, 09:44 PM
hey I am not from there , but perhaps you can google the doctors in your area.

I just heard of an immunologist...why would you go to that kind of doc over a rheumatologist? Just curious...I hope you can find a great doc.:yes:

mama hobbit
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
hey I am not from there , but perhaps you can google the doctors in your area.

I just heard of an immunologist...why would you go to that kind of doc over a rheumatologist? Just curious...I hope you can find a great doc.:yes:

I'm just wondering if there are doctors that deal more overlappingly with disorders of the immune system. Musing here, but why are they categorized strictly by the section of the body most affected - for instance, Hashimoto's and Lupus share many similar symptoms and both are a problem where your body creates antibodies that attack your own body - yet you see a endocrinologist for one and a rhuematologist for the other. Then you have allergists who deal with our immune system overreacting...

It would just be nice if there were doctors who could play more wholistic detectives...

mountaindreamer
03-16-2009, 04:18 PM
drs. playing wholistic detectives.....what a thought. good idea, so you know they won't do it. i have nightmares about all of the ologists that i am supposed to see. sometimes, i just don't make the appt....get too tired of always going to drs.

I think a lupus center like at a local hospital sounds most inviting. this way, you can go, see whomever you need to, get help, and go home.....what a sweet dream that would be.