PDA

View Full Version : Just - hello!

hatlady
03-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi all;

I'll try to respond to some posts tomorrow. It is a wonderful spring day in the midwest. In translation, that phrase means....I did too much. We went for lunch with a friend - an hours drive away. Then we came home and the garden beckonned.

Raked a while, moved some branches that had fallen over the winter. Now too tired to even take a long hot bath!

So resting. Reading a few posts, but not putting sentences together to respond. Know that I"m thinking of all of you and wishing you a wonderful day...

Many hugs,
Hatlady

lucky7
03-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Awww, that was a nice post Hatlady!

I was in my yard for a little too and myhusband made me come in cuz i started to flare. My whole body aches and im inflamed. So hard to slow down when it comes to my yard. Im fuzzy in the head too. Its amazing how little it takes to flare these days. I miss spending hours in my yard and still ready for more! Oh well, i do what i can do and i need to learn when to quit. I love my yard,its always been my serenity. My family's great though they help me out there when i need it. My daughters boyfriend was even out there today helping!! LOL

Sorry youre not feeling well. HUGS!!!!

lucky7
03-14-2009, 03:10 PM
OOOPS, forgot to tell you, I havent bathed yet either!!! LOl

My bodys too sore!!

Angel Oliver
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Another smelly one enters the room to say....hello and glad you've been out in the garden . You just rest now. Lets hope we all have energy for bathing tomorrow :)

love
Angel.xxx

lucky7
03-14-2009, 04:20 PM
LOl!!!!!!

Yeah, i took a break after i wrote that i havent bathed either to go get rid of the stink!!! I couldnt take it anymore!!! PEWWWWWWY!!!!! LOL

Angel Oliver
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
:laughing-at-you:

Rastagirl
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
So nice to hear from you. I'm glad you were able to get out and have some visiting time with a friend and a bit of time in your yard. It does wonders to help raise our spirits, if only a bit. Take it easy now....rest up...we'll look forward to your posts when you're able.

I'm soooo anxious for Spring to fully bloom....my 6 huge plum trees that border my backyard are full of small pink buds....that's the sign that they'll be fully exploded in beautiful soft pink blossoms in the next week or so....and the fragrance that fills the backyard will be heavenly. I can't wait!!

Another thing I can't wait for....seeing some pics of YOUR beautiful garden when it's blooming, Hatlady.

Take care and be good to yourself...

Hugs,

Lori :heart:

p.s. I'm thinkin' some of you should go bathe now....:bad:Just kiddin'...really I just wanted to use this smiley...

sick n tired
03-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Hatlady,

It is so hard to stay out of the yard when the spring comes along...I know. Of course, my thumb is definately not green...not more like black :cute: but I mean well. I have a son who is helps me and seems to have the green thumb, too...Actually, I am not sure what turned my thumb from green, when I was in Jr high and high school, I won awards for my gardens..,oh well..
so glad you were able to have a good day even though it was a little bit tiring.

Btw Rastagirl used the smiley that I wanted to use...:laugh:

mnjodette
03-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Sounds like such a nice day, Hatlady...good for you! We had a nice day, too....50+ degrees, which is pretty darned nice for N. Minnesota in mid-March. Drove up the shore of Lake Superior, walked on the lake where the ice had heaved up in big, glacier blue piles (not too far out....ice is breaking up out there!) Dinner in a nice lakeshore restaurant and home to rest. Today, sun is shining again and it's nearly 60. Wow! No gardening yet, except pruning apple trees (hubby does that - I just 'direct'!) We still have a foot or more of snow on the ground, so we need to wait for the big melt. Hope you're doing better today - sometimes you just have to do those things, even if you know you pay the price. It's quality of life, isn't it? Good thoughts coming your way, Hatlady.

Jody

rob
03-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi Hatlady,

I am having a good day. One of my first in awhile. I might have overdone being out and having fun today, but to heck with it. It was worth it. It sounds like you just had one of these kind of days. Savor it, and rest up. It's good to hear from you!

Rob

NoodleMom
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey you!! Were have you been? I was missing all the oldies and now you and PinP on the same day.
Im glad to 'see' you.

Kasey

Oluwa
03-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi you, Hatlady...hugs to you...A day in the yard is always nice...

Spring is on its way...

My neck of the woods...It was a cold windy day in the southeast today...no gardening today but yesterday we did pick up a Pink Dogwood. I found the perfect spot....

Gotta get the shade trees in to keep things cool from the summer heat. The sun, the heat, the frost here eats what ever is left over from the bugs, caterpillars, and spiders. They make such a mess of a garden...

Still trying to contain the brown fungus and Blight Twig...

Crocuses, daffodils came. Vinca, major and minor. I see buds on my Clematis....huge ones on my summer Camellias. No happenings on the Wisterias, Bradford pear...or even my Flowering Cherry Tree...

Enjoy the week....hugs.
Love,
OLuwa

mountaindreamer
03-15-2009, 06:22 PM
hi hatlady,

nice to hear from you. thanks for the beautiful vision of your yard, glad you had a good day.

sick n tired
03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Oluwa, your yard sounds really pretty in the spring and summer...sigh..I am moving where I will not be able to plant things and look at them...I will live vicariously through you and hatlady.

Pretti in Pink
03-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Hatlady,

Miss chatting with you, but glad to hear from you and see you're enjoying some good weather.

Faith
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Hatlady,

It's good to see you back online. I've missed you and PNP. I hope everything is going well.

I am envious of you and Oluwa as your yards sound absolutely beautiful!! I have a Gerber daisy and geraniums blooming; that's about it.

Faith