PDA

View Full Version : Swollen larynx

lucky7
03-14-2009, 02:54 PM
I just wondered if anyone else has a swollen, raw,raspy throat when they flare?

I went to my ENT yesterday and he ahd pictures done of the inside of my throat(it was pretty cool!) because of my problems swallowing and soreness. WOW!!! It is so inflamed!! The woman who took the pics showed me a picture of a healthy larynx and then she showed me mine! Mine was very red and EXTREMELY Inflamed! I couldnt believe how it looked. I always knew something was going on but to actually see it was weird! My dr says its inflamed like so many other things in my body due to this illness. Lupus as everyone knows attacks everything and inflames everything. He says its something to keep an eye on since i do NEED that passageway. LOL Ya think!!!! There are no obstructions in my airway though so NO TUMORS at least!

Just wondered about it and if anyone has this issue please get it checked out. We need AIR!!! LOL

mountaindreamer
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
wow jeannette,

what will get atttacked next? so sorry to hear about the larynx.. what treatments did the dr. talk about? i sure hope that something can be done. this crazy disease constantly amazes me with its ability.

sick n tired
03-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I am very glad that you had this seen to...what are they going to do besides "keep an eye" on it? I mean you are still having those uncomfortable symptoms.
It was good news that there were no tumors or obstructions, though.

BonusMom
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Glad no obstructions were discovered, but OUCH! What kind of treatment is available for a swollen larynx?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

lucky7
03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Im feeling like a baby and tempermental these past few days. Thank you all of you for your replies and concerns! I feel like its a new part of my body at every turn and i just get moody about it sometimes. I do notice what ive seen people talk about too is the way our emotions are so easily triggered with this illness. Boy is that true,especially when i flare or i have PMS. I feel like im going CRAZY sometimes.

Anyways, im done complaining now! I have to go to the dr. this wk to see if he wants to put me on ANOTHER med for my throat. The lady who diid the tests said she wasnt sure what he'll wnat to do about it. Its pretty scary at times cuz i feel it close up that much more when i flare. Its really hard to swallow and talk. OH well, when i find out what he wants to do ill post it!

Thanks again! HUGS!!!