PDA

View Full Version : Renew Life Total Kidney Cleanse

tasha
03-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey everyone!

Being one of many lupus patients with nephritis, I decided to start doing a little internet googling for some natural kidney treatments.

Have any of you heard of (or tried) Renew Life Total Kidney Cleanse? It's a type of probiotics, here's the link: http://www.renewlife.com/products/total-kidney-cleanse.aspx

I'm always looking for natural remedies to go along with my prescription meds, and this one seems promising, especially since I've heard so many wonderful things about probiotics in general.

sick n tired
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey Tasha,

I have heard of it, but never really studied the program. I would caution you on trying anything without first checking with the doctor. It can be dangerous...we have all these medications and such...

Saysusie
03-14-2009, 09:06 AM
To reiterate what SicknTired said.....please check with your doctor first. There are so many herbal remedies and/or homeopathic treatments that can cause our Lupus to flare and we are especially cautioned about ANY cleansing treatments. So, speak to your doctor before you try this, please!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tasha
03-15-2009, 12:21 AM
i actually already asked the rheumy about probiotics in general and she said it was fine... so i doubt this one would be any different! you both are right though, i will definitely ask before trying :)

Saysusie
03-15-2009, 10:02 AM
You are also right about Pro-biotics by themselves. My rheumy actually suggested that I take them but cautioned me not to do ANY type of cleansing program.

NOTE: I've found that, because we are so prone to infections and have to take anti-biotics so often, that we develop excess mucous and many of us suffer from chronic post-nasal drip and issues of that sort. The pro-biotics have actually helped me a bit in that area. Not sure if there is a true connection, but it has helped me:cute:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tasha
03-16-2009, 10:44 PM
You are also right about Pro-biotics by themselves. My rheumy actually suggested that I take them but cautioned me not to do ANY type of cleansing program.

NOTE: I've found that, because we are so prone to infections and have to take anti-biotics so often, that we develop excess mucous and many of us suffer from chronic post-nasal drip and issues of that sort. The pro-biotics have actually helped me a bit in that area. Not sure if there is a true connection, but it has helped me:cute:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

I'm glad you've had success with probiotics! I just started taking them about a week ago because I heard so many good things about it. So I hope they work for me too. I just happened to come across the kidney cleanse in the little pamphlet inside the box I had and it caught my interest. I'm going to bring it in with me at my next rheumy appointment and see what she says.