PDA

View Full Version : Morning!

latina
03-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone! New to the board and wanted to say Hi to everyone! Ilive in KY and have just been recently diagnosed with lupus and hypothyroidism. Finally getting a diagnosis and a doctor who listens was like an extreme weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Now I know why body is acting the way it is and now I can do something about it. I'm learning to be more optimistic about life and to appreciate everything a whole lot more than before because I don't know what the future brings anymore. This has totally thrown my life out of whack but thankfully I have doctors who are listening to me and this are looking good for the first time in a long time.
So anyways sorry to ramble!
Oh and BTW my name is Christia and I have 4 kids and a very supportive husband...well he has his days too...:wacko:

Grime
03-13-2009, 08:55 AM
This is a great board full of information. I am new with Lupus so can't be of much help. Others here are so knowledgeable all you have to do is ask your question.

gina
03-13-2009, 09:26 AM
i am still new too site posted in wrong spot. wanted to say welcome to this site. the people are wonderful and very helpfull.:laugh:

mountaindreamer
03-13-2009, 01:43 PM
hi christia,

welcome to the group. I know you must be frightened by the unknown, but the hardest part is past you. You have put together a good team with your dr. and that is so important. Many people search for years and never find that "right match" with a dr.

We all have significant people in our lives that somedays get it, and somedays they just don't have a clue. Everyone here understands every situation/experience that you ever want to discuss.

wishing you the best, and i look forward to learning more about each other.

Angel Oliver
03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi and welcome and sending you gentle hugs.

love
Angel.xxxxx

sick n tired
03-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey Krista,

Welcome to this forum...I look forward to getting to know you better...What a blessing to have doctors who are listening to you...so nice for you...

Mary Jane
03-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi Christia, welcome to the site. I myself am fairly new here. There is a wealth of information to learn from this site. I was diagnosed with SLE about two years ago. Like you, I am a mother, and it took awhile, but my husband is learning to be supportive. I'm sure we will talk again.:You_Rock_Emoticon:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-14-2009, 02:51 AM
Just wanted to pop by and say welcome hope you enjoy this site and find it as helpful as much as i have!! i look forward to chatting with you xx

Saysusie
03-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Christa;
Welcome to our family. You are so lucky to have found an understanding doctor who listens. A large part of the battle that many of us are faced with has been avoided for you:yes: Take full advantage of your medical team and learn all that you can about how Lupus affects you. In that way, you are your understanding doctor will be able to have informed conversations with one another and make agreed upon decisions about your treatment etc.

There are many members here who are very informative and will you not find another group as supportive and caring as our members are here. I'm glad that you are with us!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie