PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I was missing in action.

sits_inthe_corner
03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Hello all and hugs

Sorry I haven't been on much. Things at work were very stressfull. Everyone was busting their butts to keep things going.

But it wasn't enough.

I've lost my job, along with a few others in the office, and I'm told more will be going.

Soooo I'm a little stressed right now. Brain fog and stress do not go well together.

I may not be saying much, but I am here reading. So far I haven't had and health issues due to the stress. But I'm willing to make a bet that interviews (Hopefully there will be some) will push all my stress buttons.

Any way, you are all in my thoughts. I will be on the board.

lucky7
03-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Im so SORRY sits in the corner! So many people going through that right now and im srry youre one of them. I wish the BEST for you and i hope this doesnt flare you cuz thats not what you need right now.

Youre in my thoughts and im wishing you the BEST

Angel Oliver
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Oh SITC,

Im sorry to hear you lost your job and so hope you dont get stressed. I know you will but hope not enough to make you feel yukky.
I hope you get another one soon. I believe things happen for a reason and oh what a nice job you will get next.I so hope it's nicer than the last and you feel allot less stress. Thinking of you and you were missed.

love & hugs
Angel.xxxxxx

AyahsClan
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh... so sorry you are going through this. It must be nerve wracking to say the least. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

mountaindreamer
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
hey SITC

so sorry to hear about the job...wish there were great words of wisdom, but you and i know there aren't any. Glad to see you come around and read about all of our new members...someday, when you ar able to come back, they will benefit from all of the knowledge that you passed on to me when i was new. Take care of yourself, and know that we think about you whenever we are on line.

:hissyfit:throw yourself a good old fashion hissyfit if the stress gets to be too much.....then come on line and tell us about it.

phyllis

BonusMom
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
SITC-

I'm so very sorry that you've become yet another casualty to the economy. The stress of having to apply for a new job and the energy to dazzle a prospective employer (not to mention financial issues) will undoubtedly be there, but do your best to deal with all that nasty stuff. Try to find something (besides chocolate :) ) to get you thru this rough time so it doesn't affect your health.

Take care and best of luck. Please let us know how you're doing.

Faith
03-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Sits,

I am so sorry to hear that. That is awful and yes very, very stressful.

My husband was laid off in December after 19 years. No severance, nada along with 4-5 other employees. Our insurance was through him. Thankfully we have been able to COBRA put the company is now creating a very high deductable. I wish I didn't have insurance because we will never hit the deductable unless one of us ends up in the hospital.

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you find a job that you love that is less stressful very soon. Keep your chin up and the fight.

God Bless,

Faith
:wideeyed:

sits_inthe_corner
03-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks all for your kind wishes.

Oluwa
03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi you...SITS

Lovely to have you back, Susan....see all the love you were missing.

No apology ever required...I understand about MIA. I've done it a few times myself..

The job..you have personality, intelligence..wonderful charming humor..you will do wonderful on any interview and no doubt an asset to any company.

In my prayers you are...head hugs...squeeze...

Love,
Me..Oluwa

cheryl_v
03-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey SITC.

Sorry you got let go. It is stressful, I know how you feel. I'm down to one kid in my day-care. Although not due to economy, competition up the road a few miles with better location than me. Its hard no matter what the reason may be. Things do get better. Like I got a call and visit from a parent I used to sit for yesterday. She wants to go back to work, and rather come to me since she knows me and kids liked me. I do hope she really shows, that I'm nervous for. Things do get better, it just takes time. Stress will be there, but try not to fret. Yes, easier said than done. Good Luck and may there be many interviews your way soon.

sick n tired
03-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh SITC,...I am so sorry you were let go of your job.

Hopefully you can find one that is not so stressfull...I was wondering what happened and if you were in a massive flare...But I am glad that you are back...what you need is some TLC so...

{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}} {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Saysusie
03-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Hello and welcome home SITC;
I am so sorry to hear that you've lost your job. This job-loss thing is like a plague for our entire nation and it appears that it is going to get worse before we start to see any new jobs created.
I am glad that you are doing Ok healthwise and that your family is OK. It is so good to have you back. I wish the circumstances were better, but we are so very happy that you are here!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
03-17-2009, 06:02 AM
Well, I've licked my wounds, dusted off my resume, found a few jobs I'm applying for this week.

My biggest problem is the lingering disbelief. I've got that stuck in limbo feeling and not sure which way to move.

Then to add to the joy....my dearly loved 12 yr old dog...(he's fine now by the way) came to my sided yesterday with his face swollen up like a puffer fish.

So :-| off to the vets, he had a badly abcessed tooth. Vet asked me what I wanted to do...I looked down at my angel boy, he rolled his hears up and put on he's best "please mommy" look.

Gawd help me, I told them to go ahead and remove the tooth and give me the prescriptions and I'd find some way to pay the bill.

He's part of my family, I just couldn't let him down.

He was such a good boy, no growling no snapping even though he was in such pain.

When I brought him home all groggy from being knocked out for surgery, the cat crawled all over him to welcome him home and give him a full body cat scan :)

He just layed there and wagged his tail.

Do I regret spending money I dont have....nope. I love my dog.

Well back to the resume and gathering letter's of reference.

sick n tired
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey SITC,

So glad to hear from you, again...I am praying that you find a job super fast...and this time one without as much pressure as the last one afforded you.

I think it would be like adding insult to injury not to have helped your sweet dog...glad to hear it was only an absessed tooth and not something fatal.

rob
03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
It's good to have you back Susan. I was ready to send out a search party. Sorry to hear about your job. But, this may be an opportunity to find something better. I know you were getting frustrated at the old job. Glad to hear your dog is OK. I would spend my last penny on my cats if they needed an expensive procedure done. My cat Sophie just had a bad tooth removed, and it was big bucks, but I don't care, she's very much worth it. Hope the new job search yields some good results ASAP. Talk to you later!

Rob

Oluwa
03-17-2009, 10:14 AM
SITS...Hi you...tight head hugs....squuueeeeeze.

Successful living requires courage. Perhaps courage is a basic life quality which God gives us, since it is of spirit. Moments may come when courage alone shall stand between us and disaster. In the long pull across the years there will be times we shall need dogged courage to keep us going when the going is hard. And what is the source of such rugged courage? Surely that sense of God's presence when we hear Him say, "I am with you always." Norman Vincent Peale.

Now, go take on the day, week...:653:

BonusMom
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
SITS-
Sorry to hear of your faithful companion's tooth. Tucker, our beloved retriever mix, didn't eat all of his meal on Sunday night and didn't touch his dinner last night either. It's off to the vet for him this evening :( It's heartbreaking when you see them suffering......

Our pets are like our children (without that talking back feature!) and we'll do anything to relieve their suffering.

Best of luck in your job search.

AyahsClan
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Well, I've licked my wounds, dusted off my resume, found a few jobs I'm applying for this week.

My biggest problem is the lingering disbelief. I've got that stuck in limbo feeling and not sure which way to move.

Then to add to the joy....my dearly loved 12 yr old dog...(he's fine now by the way) came to my sided yesterday with his face swollen up like a puffer fish.

So :-| off to the vets, he had a badly abcessed tooth. Vet asked me what I wanted to do...I looked down at my angel boy, he rolled his hears up and put on he's best "please mommy" look.

Gawd help me, I told them to go ahead and remove the tooth and give me the prescriptions and I'd find some way to pay the bill.

He's part of my family, I just couldn't let him down.

He was such a good boy, no growling no snapping even though he was in such pain.

When I brought him home all groggy from being knocked out for surgery, the cat crawled all over him to welcome him home and give him a full body cat scan :)

He just layed there and wagged his tail.

Do I regret spending money I dont have....nope. I love my dog.

Well back to the resume and gathering letter's of reference.

Murphey's Law to animal ownership. As soon as we are broke, the dog gets sick. It is always when I can't hardly move that one of my 5 dogs has to puke all over the house or have a very bad bout of diarea in the middle of the night.

We have a goofy chihuahua that has had several teeth removed in the front, he has a goofy crooked smile, he's on drugs for seizures, and will sneak out of the house walking under the belly of one of the big dogs as they walk out...lol..drugged out little sneaker.

Hoping you get a better job than you had before.

Catscan LOL

mountaindreamer
03-17-2009, 11:56 AM
thanks for the giggle, ayah

the picture of your little dog hiding under the belly of another made me laugh....thanks

Angel Oliver
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi,

Oh i hope a fab job comes along for you soon and it WILL be so much better than the last one.Things happen for a reason and usually for the better.Oh your poor little dog. Glad he had that tooth pulled and hope he feels better after today. Yes money never matters when its your pets. I so miss my Daisy, has'nt got any easier yet.But i remember when she had 2 teeth pulled, the next day, she went deaf. Same happened to our Soosie, how weird is that.But saying that, Daisy was 15 n Soosie 16 so maybe it was just coincidence.But they were so much happier afterwards once the dreaded teeth were pulled.

Love
Angel.xxx

cheryl_v
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Good Luck SITC. Your pup has a good mum.

sits_inthe_corner
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
BonusMom I hope your Tucker is doing well?

Thanks every one for your well wishes for myself and for Schultz, he says to give ya all a big slurp.

The swelling has finally gone down in his face and the cat has finally left him alone. The cat was standing guard over Schultz all night. It's funny how protective they are of each other.

I've had pleasure of Schultz's company for many years. He has given me so much comfort and joy.

I hope I don't offend any one, but there's a little joke that sums my dog up and I'ld like to share it with you.

Want to know why dog's are man's best friend?

If you locked your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car for an hour, the dog would wag his tail when you finally let him out. :)

cheryl_v
03-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Thats too funny!