PDA

View Full Version : The Many Medications!

ashleybaby715
03-12-2009, 04:42 AM
so since being diagnosed, i've been put on a 'cocktail' of meds, as i like to call it. lol
i take a daily vitamin that has extra iron, 1 ranitidine [50mg], 1mg folic acid, 200mg plaquenil, 30 mg prednisone, a vitamin D supplement, and 15 mg methotrexate.
soo that equals out to 8 pills a day monday-saturday and on sundays i take my methotrexate, since thats a once a week pill...soo sundays i take 14!
i was wondering, what kind of meds are you guys on??

Oluwa
03-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Hey..ashleybaby...that is a medicine cabinet you are swallowing.

My regimen is small this month. 400mg Plaquenil. 2400mg Fish Oil. 20mg Protonix. Super B Complex. Lortab. Lunesta. Requib.

I have an appointment today to discuss with my rheumatologist a different pill regimen. The plaquenil seems to have run its course and the last round of prednisone for my rashes, didn't relieve the pain so I am up and down on the Lortab...I found myself more exhausted than ever...

Love the pink...

Keep well..and enjoy.
Love with hugs,
Oluwa

Saysusie
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I take between 6-8 pills every morning and between 10-12 pills every night. That makes my daily routing between 16-20 pills every day:shocked:
The morning routine doesn't bother me too much. But, at night, I sit and stare and stare at my pills (sometimes for hours) because it makes me so sad to have to do that every night :unsure:

I think that most of us are on our own pill cocktail of some kind. :wacko:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

sick n tired
03-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I take about 10 -15 pills a day depending on what day.

Saysusie...I always sit and stare at my pills...then have to talk myself into taking them because some of them still make me so ill...doesn't matter whether the tummy is full or not...

sick n tired
03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh Oluwa,

I hope the doc can find the right stuff to really do the trick with you...hears to hoping....:yes:

ashleybaby715
03-18-2009, 04:58 AM
i always sit there and stare at my pills. i think its ridiculous to be taking so many, but if its gonna help me stay the way i feel, i will gladly take them! im so weird too, i'll line them all up...and i have to take them in a certain order, not that i HAVE to ...but like idk mentally, if i dont take them in the certain i get thrown off!! im soo goofy hehe:laugh:

mountaindreamer
03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
hi ashley,

to keep daily pills straight, when i am getting out my morning pills, i put my evening pills in a cup. That way, i know exactly what i have taken in the am. the omega 3 and calcium tablets, i take 3 a day, so i take 1 in am and 2 in pm. i would get very confused if i did not organize them all at one time. I really don't know how many pills i take, i loose track, because i have to keep adjusting. i also have heart issues, and that dr. is constantly changing things around.

i know it seems rediculous to be taking all these pills, but things like omega 3 and calcium serve as an attempt to offset long term damage done by harsher meds.

tasha
03-18-2009, 07:34 AM
i use an AM/PM weekly pill sorter, and i take 8 in the morning and 7 at night.

i take...

AM: 1,000mg cellcept (2 pills), 200mg plaquenil, 30mg prednisone (2 pills), 800mg vitamin D, 600mg calcium, nioxin (for hair/nails)
PM: 1,000mg cellcept (2 pills), 200mg plaquenil, 20mg lisinopril (2 pills), 10mg lipitor, 600mg calcium

ssingh
03-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi Tasha
Your meds are similar to mine. how is this cocktail is controlling ur lupus. Have you read warning for cellcept on cellcept website?

tasha
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
ssingh, yes i know all about the warnings. sometimes we have no choice and need to just take the risk in hopes the medication does more good than harm. i'm facing kidney failure if i don't treat my nephritis. not much i can do about it.

ashleybaby715
03-19-2009, 04:47 AM
hi tasha. do you take the nioxin because of hair loss?? [[just a guess??]] because i read that you could take that if you start to get the whole 'extra hair in the brush' thing....
and yess i use an AM/PM sorter too! ...i always laugh because i never thought i would have to use one of those til i was older!!

tasha
03-19-2009, 11:37 AM
actually, my decision to take nioxin had nothing to do with lupus... i never had any hair loss. i'm just trying to grow my hair long and since i've had very fine hair all my life, it's hard to get it to grow! the nioxin has helped big time too. i also use the shampoo and conditioner. my hair is thicker and healthier than it's ever been!

ashleybaby715
03-20-2009, 04:59 AM
what exactly is nioxin ?? cuz i kinda want it...haha my hair grows sooo slow anymore!! ugh!!